Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
two former Manly stars they insist were owed a total of $450,000 in non-paid third-party payments. Neither agreements were put in writing

The old verbal TPA

Good luck in the NRL getting that one to stick in court

Verbal AND unpaid. Sounds like a smoking gun to me.

Did I tell you about the time Greenberg told me he'd pay me $1m/year in brown paper bags if I signed with the Dogs, and then he didn't pay it?

Sea Eagles salary cap breach: North Shore grandmother caught up in investigation

A NORTH Shore grandmother has become caught up in Manly’s salary cap crisis as the NRL investigates third-party payments the mystery benefactor has made to Sea Eagles players.

The 81-year-old Sea Eagles fanatic, who asked not to be named, said she had no idea her sponsorship deals were being investigated when contacted by The Daily Telegraph.

The mystery woman revealed she has been a third-party sponsor to several high-profile Manly players over the years, including former star five-eighth Kieran Foran and hooker Mat Parcell.

She said she usually supported one or two players a season, who were paid through a trust fund, and that her agreements had all been registered with the NRL.

Kieran Foran was one of those sponsored by the mystery woman during his time at the club.

But now the NRL Integrity Unit is investigating whether or not her acts of generosity equate to third-party deals or donations to ensure players re-sign.

“I have registered third-party deals, yes,” she said. “Registered by the NRL. I have sponsored players, I work with (player) managers.

“I have done nothing wrong and can’t imagine what the problem would be. There’s been no payments other than what I have done through the NRL.

“I have not been spoken to and would happily show them my books, they can have a look at them anytime they like. I’ve got nothing to hide at all.

“Every sponsorship I have had has been registered with the NRL and approved by them.

“It’s a third-party sponsorship, it goes straight to the NRL for registration. I have done it voluntarily. Not in a very big way but enough to satisfy my needs.

“I wouldn’t do anything that was illegal, each one has been approved by the NRL.”

It’s believed the NRL is looking into the woman’s relationship with the club.

“I get quite a lot out of it, actually,” the woman said. “I have been sponsoring Manly for years and years and get an awful lot out of sponsoring them.”

Pressed on exactly what she does get in return, the woman said: “I’m not going to have you printing that in the papers, thank you very much. But I get plenty.

“I sponsored Kieran Foran before. I became great friends with him, I’m still great friends with him. I see him all the time. I had Kieran for three years.

“I form relationships with the players. I have remained friendly with all of them.”

A Sea Eagles fan since 1969, the woman said she began sponsoring the players several years ago.

“Not many people know I do this, my family do,” she said. “Most people at the club don’t know.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/256d00b6a7d04a9939eadae139a2eb14
Just getting more bizarre by the minute but i do hope that the club can come up with a creditable and forthright response reasonably soon .

OK, so I'm reading a lot about the breaches and the fines to the club. Also, that the information came from former disgruntled players.

Here is my question. If either of those players are currently still playing at other clubs, why are they not being fined by the NRL or having their contracts deregistered?

The players clearly knew their actions were illegal if that is what they are currently alleging. Surely action must be taken against the players.

Wow what a crock of shi-t!! All of a sudden everyone jumps the band wagon to do something about the TPA's because of Manly's alleged indiscretions. It's so furkin ironic that the Rugby League Players Association
has just now made a statement to agree to review the system... when in fact their leader and spokesman Saint furkin Maloney publicly blurted out that the Riff were arranging his TPA.. Nothing was said and the matter swept under the carpet. Nice.

This deserves its own thread, Spartan?

Well the Penns presided over this mess and the appointment of Kelly. Remember the Coco Joy debacle as well ? Just means they need to dig into their pockets deeper now to fix it. No point crying poor and whining about the damage to the brand when it happens on your watch.
Yes, ZtH was gunning for Perry from early on in his tenure, after ‘Good Sortgate’.

Silver lining time: sounds like Neil Bare could be gone. Numerous former club employees will rejoice.

I got some mail this afternoon that we’ve been paying Kevin Ward via a fourth party, not attached to the club. $15 a year since 1988. The sum total of $450 owed to Kevin was handed over in a brown Red Rooster paper bag out in the Brookie carpark by Phil Blake. Apparently Phil has been operating for the club in an undercover capacity since 11 months prior to Bozo giving him the flick. Cliff Lyons has been approached for a comment, apparently he’s under investigation for taking a couple of packets of Winfield Reds as an undeclared signing bonus when he came across from Norths

Last edited:
I hope we
OK, so I'm reading a lot about the breaches and the fines to the club. Also, that the information came from former disgruntled players.

Here is my question. If either of those players are currently still playing at other clubs, why are they not being fined by the NRL or having their contracts deregistered?

The players clearly knew their actions were illegal if that is what they are currently alleging. Surely action must be taken against the players.

The player managers must be complicit and should also be deregistered. Gotta feeling this volcano is about to erupt.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0614.JPG

That smug smile of TG really says it all, he is going to anything he can to destroy us, this photo just annoys me even more, he knows he is getting away with showing his favouritism to some teams over others.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10