Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
NRL agrees to review third-party agreements in a bid to end salary cap rorting

THE NRL has vowed to review the third-party agreement system in an effort to rid the game of salary cap rorting once and for all.

The Rugby League Players Association revealed in a statement the governing body has agreed to review the TPA system, which it says is largely to blame for clubs breaching the salary cap.

It comes in the wake of Manly being issued a breach notice after the NRL claimed to have found potential salary cap rorting over the past five years.

Two Sea Eagles officials have also been issued show cause notices and could be deregistered as punishment.

Now the NRL could completely overhaul the third-party system that often pushes clubs over the salary cap.

“What the preliminary findings do highlight is the need to review the current third-party agreement system,” the RLPA said.

“Unfortunately, this is not the first time that salary cap breaches have been exposed which have a direct link to the negotiation and agreement of third party arrangements.

“As part of the collective bargaining agreement negotiations, the NRL and RLPA have agreed to undertake a review of the TPA system.

“While we do not have any fixed views on the system or how it could be improved, we look forward to working with the NRL and other key stakeholders to review the current arrangements.

We stress that the review is not a direct consequence of the preliminary findings in relation to the Sea Eagles. However, the findings do reinforce the need to discuss improvements to this space.”

Last week NRL 360 co-host Paul Kent delivered a mighty spray on Fox League, calling for the NRL to “throw out” third-party agreements altogether.

“Players can no longer argue they are being financially left in the lurch,” Kent said.

“It’s only the top earners anyway that get the third-party agreements, no one wants to sponsor player numbr 25 on your roster.

“It’s the top-end guys who are earning the big cash in their contracts, they’re getting third parties, the NRL needs to get the whole lot and throw them out and say that’s it, they are banned.”

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...bc681029b7914bc4796?__twitter_impression=true

Wow what a crock of shi-t!! All of a sudden everyone jumps the band wagon to do something about the TPA's because of Manly's alleged indiscretions. It's so furkin ironic that the Rugby League Players Association
has just now made a statement to agree to review the system... when in fact their leader and spokesman Saint furkin Maloney publicly blurted out that the Riff were arranging his TPA.. Nothing was said and the matter swept under the carpet. Nice.

Wow what a crock of shi-t!! All of a sudden everyone jumps the band wagon to do something about the TPA's because of Manly's alleged indiscretions. It's so furkin ironic that the Rugby League Players Association
has just now made a statement to agree to review the system... when in fact their leader and spokesman Saint furkin Maloney publicly blurted out that the Riff were arranging his TPA.. Nothing was said and the matter swept under the carpet. Nice.
The galling part of TPAs is Greenturd gifting JT and sCam 750k directly from NRL revenue by staging his newly invented 'testimonial match' concept @:mad:

Problem with shedding Brown is finding someone that’ll take him.Manly will have to pay most of his way.When Buhrer left,Brown was the preferred option to be moved on but nobody wanted to take him,where as Buhrer was a more attractive option
So what the fark were Barrett and Fulton doing in signing him for three years

Worst case scenario after this crap is done and dusted, we head into 18 with pretty much the same squad as this season barring Green . As much as we would all be lifted by the signing of a very good 6, and may still happen its not all bad .One thing the cannot take away from us is our resilience and this may make us an even tougher proposition to face . #Under siege# is what brings out the best in Manly . Bring it on Greennut.

I do not have a single uncle who would have the first clue what I'm doing with my life. And I do have a few!
I can tell you they are one big close family . He was talking to him days before when he told me . All the talk about us going quiet on him to get Pearse was all bull**** . Unless something out of the blue happens , he's staying a saint .

Let's just face it, Manly has no part to play in the NRL's(maybe just Greenturd's) grand scheme. That's why the continuous attacks and no backing for a Brooky Oval upgrade. They/he see us as part of a Northern Sydney/Central Coast franchise at best.
Until that agenda changes the torment will never stop. IF it's only Greenturd's plan...then he needs to go because EVERY sporting comp HAS to have a team to hate. And we love being that team.

From the mail I got today this is far from finished, the NRL would like Manly to accept the findings and get a lessor fine or face a bigger fine by arguing our / Manly's case. We can argue at least 6 of the claims. It would appear there is a multitude of evidence similar to other clubs 3rd parties. Could say more but would get me into a legal situation and it is sensational. We advised NRL but now we get thrown under the bus after they accepted situation. Can assure all this will go on for most of next season unless we fall on the righteous sword. Hope Penrith come out with the Greenburg evidence!

It is not ironic it is at the core of the problem.
Players should be able to earn what they can. The NRL system only allows them to do that under certain circumstances (arms length from the club, etc).
Those circumstances are artificially defined to the advantage of some clubs (yes, don't have to be a mensa graduate to know which ones).
But to the disadvantage of other clubs and to players generally.

Last edited:
From the mail I got today this is far from finished, the NRL would like Manly to accept the findings and get a lessor fine or face a bigger fine by arguing our / Manly's case. We can argue at least 6 of the claims. It would appear there is a multitude of evidence similar to other clubs 3rd parties. Could say more but would get me into a legal situation and it is sensational. We advised NRL but now we get thrown under the bus after they accepted situation. Can assure all this will go on for most of next season unless we fall on the righteous sword. Hope Penrith come out with the Greenburg evidence!

I hope Manly fight the NRL. Someone has to stand up for the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8