Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I just rang the club and renewed my membership and season ticket for 2018.

I asked the lady I spoke to about the salary cap investigation hanging over the club and she confirmed to me that the club is NO longer under investigation and had been cleared of any wrongdoing. This took me aback as a lot of us are under the impression that the investigation is ongoing. I really hope that we get some confirmation either from the club or NRL about what the hell is going on over this? If we have been exonerated over this, then it is a duty of care, that the club must get clarification as to why this witch hunt has been allowed to drag on and severely damaged our clubs reputation. Time for the truth I think!!

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I bet you she thought you were talking about the match fixing investigation?...
So many Manly investigations it's confusing...
I asked her about both investigations and she told me that the NSW Police and the NRL have exonerated Manly from any wrongdoing. For staff member of the club to be saying this, means that there has had to have been some communication as these people are talking to fans like me and the salary cap investigation questions are very important about what is going on with the club.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can’t but think these scurrilous headlines and the lack of a CEO that’s on the front foot from the get go to refute them has done almost irreparable damage to our brand.

And I do wonder if it’s having any influence in our current “ seemingly” lack of being able to sign a player of note.

And unfortunately as Brett Stewart knows “ mud sticks”.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can’t but think these scurrilous headlines and the lack of a CEO that’s on the front foot from the get go to refute them has done almost irreparable damage to our brand.

And I do wonder if it’s having any influence in our current “ seemingly” lack of being able to sign a player of note.

Wonder no more... it's doesn't!

Happy?

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member

Mark, you seem to be tired and grumpy. Maybe you need to retire and smell the roses............Oh wait ;)

Just kidding, all will be good. By kick-off next season we will have a top notch CEO, confirmed (Really confirmed) plans for Brookie re-development and one, possibly two excellent signings done and dusted. You will be jumping out of your skin with pride and excitement. :rofl:

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Mark, you seem to be tired and grumpy. Maybe you need to retire and smell the roses............Oh wait ;)

Just kidding, all will be good. By kick-off next season we will have a top notch CEO, confirmed (Really confirmed) plans for Brookie re-development and one, possibly two excellent signings done and dusted. You will be jumping out of your skin with pride and excitement. :rofl:
Happy sarcasm, a special talent.:)

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
:clapping::clapping::clapping::):):)

When you’re happy and you know it clap your hands!!
2 Thumbs Up.jpg

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart

Mark, it is why those making the claim and supporting it should be revealed and penalised harshly. That includes any innuendos from the head of the League. Forget compensation, we should be taking those who defame the name of the club to the criminal court. That will slow down future mischief.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Mark, it is why those making the claim and supporting it should be revealed and penalised harshly. That includes any innuendos from the head of the League. Forget compensation, we should be taking those who defame the name of the club to the criminal court. That will slow down future mischief.

If I could give you a triple agree I would!!

This is a quote from the club when I asked about the cap issues.

"I can confirm the match fixing investigation has now concluded and we have been cleared.

In regards to the salary cap investigation, the NRL has not completed the investigation. Unfortunately, we don't have a time frame as the NRL is running the investigation.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,"

Well, this when the club should come out and say, enough is enough. You have disrupted our year enough already. You have soiled our proud name and club, surely you have something to tell us, and stop slackening off and dont use the world cup as an excuse, we deserve to know...:swear::banghead::punch::finger:

sheridanstand78

First Grader
You understand that there is a process in relation to this investigation. We have no idea of what the scope of this investigation is, only that that it is ongoing. The frustrating things is we have no idea what the outcome will be and the cloud that continues to hover is not going away and it is stopping the club from moving forward. The NRL was pretty transparent in their investigation of the whinging worms and they explained their process and what they were investigating, this has not happened this time and it leads me to conclude, that they either have nothing on us or something very minor. The NRL is asking us all to renew our memberships for 2018 and we do not have answers in relation to this investigation. Like everyone else, I want this concluded one way or another and some honesty from the NRL!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14