Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The trouble is as long as they use the word " alleged " they can say whatever they want with absolute impunity!

What a mc#nt! I love the way she just slanders everyone with innuendo then qualifies by saying :

"It is not suggested that Stewart, Watmough or Kennedy were involved in any wrongdoing in connection with Mr Melhem."

She is a real piece of ****. Just throws a whole tonne of crap on the Manly brand and then sprays a sweet coating of disclaimer on top to cover her sorry ass...

I really don't understand why the manly board haven't taken legal action yet?There is a consistent pattern emerging and Mc#nt has been found guilty of slander before. She has to be stopped.

Enough is enough! There has to be a line drawn in the sand and pride restored back to our club. That's worth fighting for!

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Negative Manly headlines sell newspapers in a nutshell and you can be sure that Kate McClyont is under instruction from her editor to keep the pot boiling. For a so called massive investigation, we have heard very little outcomes from it and as the process needs to take its course. I truly hope that if this is a red herring that our club does everything it can to ensure that these slurs are dealt with accordingly.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
I was a sponsor in that time frame as well and I got to go into the dressing rooms and attended the after parties and I can assure everyone that I did not get offered prostitutes, any drugs nor brown paper bags at any time nor did I see any. Got handed some off the players young children to hold whilst they took photos with supporters or dance with their girlfriends and / or wives but that was the level of confidence the players has around sponsors and such like.

Can Manly be held responsible for what actions players do in their private time...allegedly? I would say if they knew about it and it was putting the brand into disrepute - then Yes; otherwise no!

Having said that I get sick to death of these players who let's say have social issues are allowed to go to rehab and still earn the big bucks and we feel sorry for them and give them many chances. It doesn't happen in the real world.

This type of reporting brands us all and only further strengthens negative views on our team and there should be more responsible journalism - if there is such a thing.

Class of 96

Bencher
They have their problems, like any sport, but jeez the AFL get their s**t in order quickly.

"AFL boss Gillon McLachlan says the league will consider stripping accreditation from journalists if they “make things up”."

“I think there is responsibility everywhere. Our players, coaches, officials, everyone is held incredibly accountable every day but we are talking about people’s livelihoods and careers and this allegation talks to integrity.

“If someone is making something up that has such significant ramifications, there has to be an accountability for that.

“Taking accreditation away seems to me to be a very logical outcome of that.

“It is not for an opinion, it is making something up that is completely wrong and is something which I would say is a complete lie.

Can we poach this guy and get the game moving forward again?

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They have their problems, like any sport, but jeez the AFL get their s**t in order quickly.

"AFL boss Gillon McLachlan says the league will consider stripping accreditation from journalists if they “make things up”."

“I think there is responsibility everywhere. Our players, coaches, officials, everyone is held incredibly accountable every day but we are talking about people’s livelihoods and careers and this allegation talks to integrity.

“If someone is making something up that has such significant ramifications, there has to be an accountability for that.

“It is not for an opinion, it is making something up that is completely wrong and is something which I would say is a complete lie.

I agree but the problem is that the 'journos' will still say: "We didn't make it up...a source told us!" That is of course after the whinge they will probably have today saying how the 'afl need us more than we need them.'

My offer for any of these cowards to join up and debate 'things' still stands.

madmax

Bencher
I'm sure the Manly hierarchy are collating all of this & are just waiting for the 'not guilty your honor' verdict....then bring hell upon all those involved in this witch hunt. I hope they clean up that b@#$h so that she is rendered homeless & having to live on the streets forcing her into prostitution to support her family!
Is that a little harsh?

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Ah but you didn't read between the lines:.........

THREE men are facing charges for drug-related offences after police this week seized more than 25kg of cocaine in dramatic raids.
The Middle Eastern Organised Crime Squad’s Strike Force Melinz seized more than $100,000 in cash and two Mercedes vehicles.
The strike force also confiscated 20L of benzaldehyde and 3kg of ephedrine

edit: Though we complain about journos writing the trash, it surprises me that someone will inevitably rush to publish the whole sordid headline on here.

Last edited:

Class of 96

Bencher
I agree but the problem is that the 'journos' will still say: "We didn't make it up...a source told us!" That is of course after the whinge they will probably have today saying how the 'afl need us more than we need them.'

Easy fix GE. Name the source, have the evidence or don't publish. It is slanderous, illegal, and plenty of people have been tried and prosecuted for defamation. Journalist's should not have any greater rights than the general public.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Easy fix GE. Name the source, have the evidence or don't publish. It is slanderous, illegal, and plenty of people have been tried and prosecuted for defamation. Journalist's should not have any greater rights than the general public.

I agree, but the journo's seem to hold that "We can't be made to reveal our sources" like a badge of honour. (Actually I am not sure that is a thing in Aust like it is in the usa).

But something should be able to be done when they make up total b/s day after day!

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Does Manly even have Melhem on their past sponsors list in the Franchise Annual Reports :think:

All I could find was his Onefone Company wich was part of the Packer/Murdoch One.Tel fiasco :cool:

BK seems to be the link and he left over a decade ago :swear:

Manly should prepare for a 2027 expose on Hayson and former Manly player Fiz :mad:

HoldenV8

Journey Man

The AFL is very protective of its 'brand' and its clubs. Living in Adelaide we have daily news on the AFL, even during the off season, especially about the Crows and Power and very rarely is the press they get negative. In fact, most of the negative press usually only comes when there is a drug scandal (e.g. Essendon) or when the fans do something stupid like that Port Adelaide fan who last year threw a banana at Adelaide's Eddie Betts (an Aboriginal) and called him a monkey during one of their annual "Showdown" games. But even then they managed to turn a negative into a positive by showing that Port had contacted the woman about taking part in the clubs cultural awareness program.

The NRL for some reason is exactly the opposite. Certain clubs seem to get protected, while others like Manly continued to get their name dragged through the mud mostly based on innuendo and hearsay, yet the NRL does nothing to show their support. In fact they are usually the opposite by reacting to it with stuff like this salary cap investigation.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Anonymity of sources , as much as we do not like it, is crucial.

So many things would not come out if this was not the case. It is not a great article as it sounds like this is recent history when it might be close to 10 years old

Class of 96

Bencher
Anonymity of sources , as much as we do not like it, is crucial.

So many things would not come out if this was not the case. It is not a great article as it sounds like this is recent history when it might be close to 10 years old

I get that in say a murder investigation, sources are held close to the chest, indeed hardly mentioned in the media until all the evidence has been gathered.

But in the case of sport's journalism, it is simply innuendo with absolutely no benefit in keeping a source secret. That and the fact at a staggering 99% of these rumours are proven unfounded shows that it is a complete abuse of reporting, and only hurts innocent people/clubs that are basically guilty until proven innocent, and that flies straight in the face of fair justice.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14