Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
MORE DRAMA AHEAD FOR MANLY CAP SAGA
MANLY’S salary cap drama shows no sign of coming to an end.

The club’s appeal against a $750,000 fine and $660,000 in salary cap penalties was expected to take a day or two and finish last week.

Instead, the legal argument has been fierce and the appeal is still not completed.

The head of the appeals committee, Ian Callinan QC, is well placed to deal with any flare-ups during the hearing.

He is being assisted in this appeal by Noel Kelly, one of the toughest players to ever play the game and flying winger Mike Cleary.

Is this quoted from an article? What is the source?

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Beau Ryan and Fatty must have been busy...
That has to be a gee up both those gentlemen are at an age where they would be pretty happy to keep track of whose shout it was , and secondly they were great in their day as sportsman but this is a legal off field matter.??

lurker

Beaver lover
I would say former high court judge the Hon Ian Calinan AC QC (that’s his formal title) brings enough legal nous for us to not stress too much. I also have confidence that he has more than enough integrity to not let two ex footballers decide to do things that aren’t morally or ethically correct

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I would say former high court judge the Hon Ian Calinan AC QC (that’s his formal title) brings enough legal nous for us to not stress too much. I also have confidence that he has more than enough integrity to not let two ex footballers decide to do things that aren’t morally or ethically correct

Well hopefully it's not a vote then as he'll probably lose 2-1...!

I wonder why they need 2 nuffies when there's a QC on the case?

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
That has to be a gee up both those gentlemen are at an age where they would be pretty happy to keep track of whose shout it was , and secondly they were great in their day as sportsman but this is a legal off field matter.??
Both Ryan and the Fat Man are joint justices of the NRL High Court. I believe the Fat Man took over from Mahatma Cote when he retired Ryan supplanted the Big Marn...

Ned

Bencher
I also have confidence that he has more than enough integrity to not let two ex footballers decide to do things that aren’t morally or ethically correct

Maybe here, but get the three of them on a footy trip to Coffs Harbour and morals go out the window!!!

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Kelly and Clearly can make no contribution to the determination of legal issues as neither of them have any legal qualifications or experience. There heads must be spinning during submissions and references to legal principles. Its raises the question as to why non lawyers are there at all. It smacks of an attempt to control the process. I expect that leave has been granted and they are in the process of hearing the appeal. If there is a stitch up that offends Hon Ian Calinan's sense of justice I wonder whether he might speak up. That is a real risk for the NRL. I am disgusted at the secrecy surrounding these proceedings. IMO the NRL are trying to keep it out of the press because they don't want Manly's allegations to be heard and published in the media. It would do the game enormous damage if ti was revealed that many other clubs are in the same position as Manly in respect of suggested compliance with TPA rules.

images

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can’t help but think this is similar to a Kangaroo Court.

It it was truly fair dinkum there’s be a totally independent tribunal looking at it, NOT one employed by the ones set to lose the most , the NRL.

I dunno.

I've just been reliably informed that ....having an ex triple international and politician is reasonable to suggest he has something to offer, and that
maybe having a politician, QC, and player all decide (in a way unknown) helps removes bias?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18