Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
I was at NRL HQ on Monday and I looked grumpy when I left too, I was there for a non-silvertails business meeting and left saddened by what I had listened to from the exec team I met with

Hey Dan, on your comment then, you would be the best person to answer the question

Is there anyone at NRL HQ that doesn't have an agenda? or common sense? or can you confirm it's all about them and not the NRL or the fans?

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hey Dan, on your comment then, you would be the best person to answer the question

Is there anyone at NRL HQ that doesn't have an agenda? or common sense? or can you confirm it's all about them and not the NRL or the fans?
I was speaking to their LND staff

Class of 96

Bencher
The Staff Department
NRL.jpg

sheridanstand78

First Grader
This has dragged on and on, it appears that whatever we do we are guilty it seems. I hope we get a decision and then we need to make sure that this never ever happens again and get our act together and manage the cap better, this whole episode has been so costly!!!

The Who

Journey Man
So, what is the correct protocol when a potential sponsor rings the club?
(a) hang up immediately; the club doesn't want to be involved in any way with being a conduit to cheating
(b) divert the call to Greenturd
(c) provide the phone numbers of all players and managers
(d) advise them that any bag containing filthy lucre now has to be recyclable
(e) tell them to ring Easts because they can get away with anything
(f) provide testimonials from such satisfied sponsors as Coco Joy and Lottoland

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Unfortunately the place has not been great for interaction with sponsors the moment Max left. I was a sponsor when and post Max, but would never do it again under the current circumstances.

My companies sponsorship lapsed under the current mob without even so much as a phone call from them.
Funnily enough I still get all the Corporate emails for "Corporate events".

Even less funny is the amount of blank signage around Brookvale that was once taken up by small sponsors ( specifically in front of the Corporate boxes in the Menzies/ Fulton stand).

Mitch

Bencher
MORE DRAMA AHEAD FOR MANLY CAP SAGA
MANLY’S salary cap drama shows no sign of coming to an end.

The club’s appeal against a $750,000 fine and $660,000 in salary cap penalties was expected to take a day or two and finish last week.

Instead, the legal argument has been fierce and the appeal is still not completed.

The head of the appeals committee, Ian Callinan QC, is well placed to deal with any flare-ups during the hearing.

He is being assisted in this appeal by Noel Kelly, one of the toughest players to ever play the game and flying winger Mike Cleary.

yokahontas

Bencher

The club’s appeal against a $750,000 fine and $660,000 in salary cap penalties was expected to take a day or two and finish last week.

Instead, the legal argument has been fierce and the appeal is still not completed.

The head of the appeals committee, Ian Callinan QC, is well placed to deal with any flare-ups during the hearing.

He is being assisted in this appeal by Noel Kelly, one of the toughest players to ever play the game and flying winger Mike Cleary.

I’m not sure why that’s seen as a bad sign? Could go either way, but surely the appeal being dismissed out of hand in 5 minutes flat is the clearer sign it’s going badly for the appellant?!

tookey

First Grader

Kelly and Cleary would be past making sensible decisions They should have younger more capable people involved

Besides Kelly hates Manly after he coached Norths

Class of 96

Bencher
My companies sponsorship lapsed under the current mob without even so much as a phone call from them.
Funnily enough I still get all the Corporate emails for "Corporate events".

Even less funny is the amount of blank signage around Brookvale that was once taken up by small sponsors ( specifically in front of the Corporate boxes in the Menzies/ Fulton stand).

Not even a bloody call. That is astounding! You would think as an absolute minimum they would pick up the phone, thank you for your past involvement and seek some feedback as to why you are not renewing. Gobsmacked!

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What legal qualifications do Kelly and Cleary have? Serious question. Surely they didn’t just get ex footballers to consider this?
I thought Kelly was dead
Kelly and Cleary would be past making sensible decisions They should have younger more capable people involved

Besides Kelly hates Manly after he coached Norths
He's only a pup at 82!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18