Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
the real Victor
s-l300.jpg

Unless the thinking is that Manly are appealing, so if they are found not guilty then Joe’s suspension would also be lifted without having to cough up the legal costs...

His taste in football teams aside, Politis is no dummy. He won't want to get directly involved in anything with the NRL that could expose the Chooks salary cap / TPA dealings. Everyone thinks they are shonky enough already without the facts becoming public knowledge.

IMO Kelly was told to just accept his punishment with some monetary deal worked out to compensate him.

His taste in football teams aside, Politis is no dummy. He won't want to get directly involved in anything with the NRL that could expose the Chooks salary cap / TPA dealings. Everyone thinks they are shonky enough already without the facts becoming public knowledge.

IMO Kelly was told to just accept his punishment with some monetary deal worked out to compensate him.

Will that payment have to be by way of a TPA?

Meanwhile the Courier Mail have discovered that the Broncos poor form is Manlys fault, or more specifically DCE. Apparently if DCE had decided to go to the Gold Coast the Broncos wouldn't have lost Taylor and when Hunt left they'd have been sweet. They reckon we shouldn't have signed DCE as we couldn't afford him. Pure genius.

any ideas when we have our appeal heard? Is there a timeline?

From what I read it goes to a “ review committee” ( yet another NRL body ) who either deem it to be worthy of a review or not.

Now, forgive me being cynical but this is a bit like protecting the chooks from the foxes but still leaving the gate to the chook pen still open.

The Appeal will probably fail, and then no doubt Penn decides to take it to a civil court where at least “ basic rules of law are involved”.

As to when this happens who knows but I’m imagining this type of scenario.

Review

Probably know in 2-3 weeks

Civil Court

Anything from 6-12 months to get it to trial.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8