Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I reckon the appeal will be fruitless. Not because we are not guilty but because of Godd Turdberger.

I reckon he wont rest until its the Perth Sea Eagles.
I watch a bit of MLB baseball, it is such a contrast to the NRL in the way it is run. They are thinking about expanding beyond the current 30 teams but won't do it until the worst two stadiums (Oakland and Tropicana ,I think) are overhauled.
And that comes from the commissioner of baseball.
Then there is the streaming APP that is so far ahead of the NRL app.

Pablo

Bencher
I reckon the appeal will be fruitless. Not because we are not guilty but because of Godd Turdberger.

I reckon he wont rest until its the Perth Sea Eagles.
Todd and co have invested too much time, money and reputation into this investigation to let us off. Anything other than us being guilty will make them look stupid and incompetent. Plus Turdburglar would probably lose his job over it.
It will have to go to court.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Once we're done with the NRL, Greenturd.....

youre-next.jpg

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Todd and co have invested too much time, money and reputation into this investigation to let us off. Anything other than us being guilty will make them look stupid and incompetent. Plus Turdburglar would probably lose his job over it.
It will have to go to court.
The bit that I don't understand is, how Manly being attacked in the Media or TPA is not seen by Greenturd as an attack on the NRL's own integrity :wondering:

He should have called a presser to announce to the sporting world that rumours of Match Fixing were disproven by an independent police enquiry!
Thus the NRL is not corrupt like cricket is with Asian bookies :cool:

That man is not fit to run a multi billion dollar enterprise - small thinker @:rolleyes:

manly al

First Grader
If we pull the appeal we're stuck with the smear but I can live with that, it is a mickey mouse smear anyway.
To get around the 330G cut to the cap, we just have to source an extra 330G pa in TPAs.
(Not guarantee them of course, just use best endeavours!)
I thought that this could be a logical consideration also in the present circumstances but not too sure if there is that much general easy availability of T P A 's in the Sydney market and taking into account that Manly "s reported and official current T P A 's is already at the 350 k level . [ which rates quite well in a comparative sense ] Also taking into account that a relatively high profile club like the Dragons can only apparently obtain around just 26 k in T P A " s in recent times . See that Lottoland is trying to negotiate a profit share arrangement with the Australian newsagent"s association to try to appease them but i think that they are still locked into the Manly deal until next year at least . Move in the Federal parliament in May to block Lottoland "s overall Australian operations but regardless and rightly or wrongly , any possible sanction should still not prevent Australian punters from accessing Lottoland "s general international activities .

manly al

First Grader
Also i am sure that the Roosters and Joe Kelly 's decision to not challenge the sanctions on Kelly is far from an admission of guilt. No doubt fully aware that any sustained attention on Kelly would draw attention to their highly dubious practices over the years with player contracts and so on .

manly al

First Grader
Anyone know if this has progressed any further? Last I heard we had informed of our intent to appeal... Do we just wait now till we are given approval?....
Probably no choice but to wait on that stage of the appeal and maybe there could even be an indication NEXT Week

The Who

Journey Man
When will win the appeal how will the NRL compensate Manly for (a) the $330,000 they have taken off our Cap this season
(b) the damage to the Sea Eagles brand, loss of sponsors, loss of being able to sign players (Pearce etc.), reduction in crowds etc.?

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Yeah but are we at the stage where our legal team is basically submitting the application for appeal? If so, are we a week into it?
Manly was seeking a right to appeal, then a Judge considers that. I think thats where the matter stands at the moment.

Only after that, can Manly lodge their points of appeal.

This doesn't affect the Team any further, as the NRL sanctions can not be extended.

More a case of clearing Penn's reputation @:cool:

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
When will win the appeal how will the NRL compensate Manly for (a) the $330,000 they have taken off our Cap this season
(b) the damage to the Sea Eagles brand, loss of sponsors, loss of being able to sign players (Pearce etc.), reduction in crowds etc.?
2nd worst membership in the league.

Rodo

Goldmember
Tipping Member
And if this does not get resolved soon then it will be interesting to see what the NRL does with Manly and having to have 30 players on its roster by 30th June.

Manly is hamstrung at the moment, not knowing how much money they have to spend and who they are able to sign. Do they go out and sign cheaper established/rookie players now or take a gamble, wait it out and hope that they win the case so they will have more money to sign front-line players?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I cannot see this anywhere near being over before 30 June......2019 maybe but certainly not this year.

Don’t think you’ll see any more players added unless maybe Lussick ships off somewhere!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18