Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The +160 is a ridiculous equation from Kent :cool:

A business that requires a set amount of a resource to compete on an equal footing within their field will fail if that resource is cut for 2 years.

The Salary Cap currently requires TPAs just to field a competitive squad.
So Manly being handicapped 330k is the point, not them choosing to limit their player's income by 160k.

Penn has a huge business presence in the corporate community prior to the Manly venture.

Sponsors walk away from Teams that may associate them with questionable business practices :cool:

Every year the Owners have to fork out a million or so, just to cover running an NRL Franchise.

Can't imagine why being called a cheat and being accused of running a commercial rort, would not initiate a legal challenge :wondering:

GreenTurd's close relative RothTurd said in the Telegraph today ...

Manly ... "paid $1.5m in undisclosed payments to players"

Is this poetic lic'n or fact ...

Cherry Evans reportedly received/ is receiving 400k over the first 4 years of his contract, and Dylan Walker 100k in the first year. These "payments" were discussed by Kent and Hooper on the MMM footy show and Kent did not dispute them.

NFI about the remaining 1 million. I haven't stumbled across any facts other than the generally accepted innuendo that they seem to be rats and mice amounts paid to 11 different players over the 5 years, possibly the form of Brookvale Mazda 3's?

The in cap / out of cap is the only real issue being fought over. More precisely; did the club use these amounts in their total remuneration offer to a player to sign or stay.

So, using thereabouts numbers to make a difference;

Option A) Did Cherry sign on believing he was entitled to 1.3 million including potential non guaranteed opportunities for more, or
Option B) Did Cherry sign on for 1 million plus the potential non guaranteed opportunities.

As the total remuneration signed by the players includes their TPAs (I believe) - the cap breech only occurs if the NRL proves Cherry signed on for Option A. Both Option A and B can and would be for the same total remuneration at the time the contracts would be lodged, so we would not have exceeded the cap in total spending (unlike the slime, dogs, and scum).

So its hard to prove and a grey area. Both Kent and Hooper agreed only the player agents and the club (Joke/Bare/Bozo) know the truth.
Remarkably (once again) the NRL has let the player agents stay quiet.

On a secondary note both Kent and Hooper agreed that all clubs are guilty of option A, and Manly are the poor sods that are being hung out to dry to get the other clubs to stop this behaviour.

I am sure there is more to it, but I haven't heard anything else.

This is one aspect and contention that really annoys me big time , the claim that Manly did not disclose $1 . 5 mil in player payments . According to all of the indications and official versions that i have noticed , NO payments at any time were not disclosed . There is just some major dispute in regard to this " Best Endeavour " clause in regard to Manly club officials role in helping to initiate or arrange general T P A "s during the past few years . All Manly T P A 's and all player payments were still reported and subsequently registered and accepted by the N R L . Just totally misleading and really disgraceful conduct by RothTurd and others on this subject and they really should be puled into line in sprouting this blatant misinformation .

This is one aspect and contention that really annoys me big time , the claim that Manly did not disclose $1 . 5 mil in player payments . According to all of the indications and official versions that i have noticed , NO payments at any time were not disclosed . There is just some major dispute in regard to this " Best Endeavour " clause in regard to Manly club officials role in helping to initiate or arrange general T P A "s during the past few years . All Manly T P A 's and all player payments were still reported and subsequently registered and accepted by the N R L . Just totally misleading and really disgraceful conduct by RothTurd and others on this subject and they really should be puled into line in sprouting this blatant misinformation .
Spot on, Manly Al. From what I can tell (which ain't easy, given that precious few facts have been made available), not only were all payments disclosed to the NRL, none of the payments were made by the Manly club. In addition, the NRL repeatedly told the club they were cap compliant.

Manly have repeatedly stated that the contracts and CEO's statutory declarations equate to 100% of monies to players.

The NRL just chose to class our TPAs as being illegal under their rules, due to Manly allegedly passing on potential TPA contacts to Agents.

Thereby adding the whole TPA amount onto our Cap Allocation and thus Manly are deemed 'over the Cap'.

Chez's 400k + Walks' 100k over the 2 years is 1 million of the 1.5
(again why was this leaked and not all 13 Players' TPAs:wondering:)

So 11 players remaining TPAs added to our Cap over 5 years is 500k.

Fiz's previously reported missing 150k TPA (as Manly's 1.5 million unbelievably includes even TPAs that remain unpaid :banghead:), brings it down to 10 players receiving 350k over 5 years

Myles missing TPA (say 50k??? x 3 years) brings it down to 9 players receiving 200k over 5 years being added to our Cap

Some, if not all of the 200k were actually for deemed as use of a car and not dollars.

The media stories do not correlate with each other, let alone Manly's public statements :cool:

Lets hope that the right to Appeal is granted and that someone with impartial contract term definition understandings, rules 'Aye or Nay':nerd:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...-gold-coast-titans-amid-drugs-scandal/6247574

And it wasn't Chez's backflip in June 2015 that bought down the precious Titans.

But their own mismanagement which resulted in insolvency declaration in February 2015.

3 months prior to Chez' dastardly exercising his right of pulling out of a contract :wait:

Last edited:
Cherry Evans reportedly received/ is receiving 400k over the first 4 years of his contract, and Dylan Walker 100k in the first year. These "payments" were discussed by Kent and Hooper on the MMM footy show and Kent did not dispute them.

NFI about the remaining 1 million. I haven't stumbled across any facts other than the generally accepted innuendo that they seem to be rats and mice amounts paid to 11 different players over the 5 years, possibly the form of Brookvale Mazda 3's?

The in cap / out of cap is the only real issue being fought over. More precisely; did the club use these amounts in their total remuneration offer to a player to sign or stay.

So, using thereabouts numbers to make a difference;

Option A) Did Cherry sign on believing he was entitled to 1.3 million including potential non guaranteed opportunities for more, or
Option B) Did Cherry sign on for 1 million plus the potential non guaranteed opportunities.

As the total remuneration signed by the players includes their TPAs (I believe) - the cap breech only occurs if the NRL proves Cherry signed on for Option A. Both Option A and B can and would be for the same total remuneration at the time the contracts would be lodged, so we would not have exceeded the cap in total spending (unlike the slime, dogs, and scum).

So its hard to prove and a grey area. Both Kent and Hooper agreed only the player agents and the club (Joke/Bare/Bozo) know the truth.
Remarkably (once again) the NRL has let the player agents stay quiet.

On a secondary note both Kent and Hooper agreed that all clubs are guilty of option A, and Manly are the poor sods that are being hung out to dry to get the other clubs to stop this behaviour.

I am sure there is more to it, but I haven't heard anything else.

Manly have repeatedly stated that the contracts and CEO's statutory declarations equate to 100% of monies to players.

The NRL just chose to class our TPAs as being illegal under their rules, due to Manly allegedly passing on potential TPA contacts to Agents.

Thereby adding the whole TPA amount onto our Cap Allocation and thus Manly are deemed 'over the Cap'.

Fiz's previously reported missing 150k TPA (as Manly's 1.5 million unbelievably includes even TPAs that remain unpaid :banghead:), brings it down to 10 players receiving 350k over 5 years

Myles missing TPA (say 50k??? x 3 years) brings it down to 9 players receiving 200k over 5 years being added to our Cap

Some, if not all of the 200k were actually for deemed as use of a car and not dollars.

The media stories do not correlate with each other, let alone Manly's public statements :cool:

Lets hope that the right to Appeal is granted and that someone with impartial contract term definition understandings, rules 'Aye or Nay':nerd:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...-gold-coast-titans-amid-drugs-scandal/6247574

And it wasn't Chez's backflip in June 2015 that bought down the precious Titans.

But their own mismanagement which resulted in insolvency declaration in February 2015.

3 months prior to Chez' dastardly exercising his right of pulling out of a contract :wait:

Thanks guys, as usual I have learnt more in 3 posts from Silvertails than in 12 months fro the media.

Still can't believe we have been found guilty of salary cap rorting without ever being over the salary cap, or apparently, without ever paying players more than they were contracted to receive.

That's what I can't figure out. In the presser, Greenturd called it cheating and systematic rorting of the salary cap, yet he said that we will have no points deducted and we are still allowed to play for competition points because he admitted that we were found not to have actually been over the salary cap.

As Scott Penn said.....“This is relating to negotiations with players at the very front end and their belief that we made promises to players for third parties which we didn’t do.”

How is it cheating or rorting the salary cap when we haven't been over the salary cap?

The more I look at it as more info comes out, the more it really does look like that the NRL were clutching at straws to actually find something to punish us for and in desperation have gone for what really are technicalities that they actually have no proof even happened and are subjective at best.

If we had really done something wrong, Greenturd would have made sure that the book was thrown at us, but that didn't happen and we really have been made the NRL's poster child for the TPA problems that currently exist. The league have known for a while that problems exist across the entire competition and have seemingly chosen Greenturd's favourite target, Manly by hanging us out to dry, as a warning to others.

It's as beautifully simple as you stated. But trust the media to muddy the waters and be complicit in the NRL's agenda.

That's what I can't figure out. In the presser, Greenturd called it cheating and systematic rorting of the salary cap, yet he said that we will have no points deducted and we are still allowed to play for competition points because he admitted that we were found not to have actually been over the salary cap.

As Scott Penn said.....“This is relating to negotiations with players at the very front end and their belief that we made promises to players for third parties which we didn’t do.”

How is it cheating or rorting the salary cap when we haven't been over the salary cap?

The more I look at it as more info comes out, the more it really does look like that the NRL were clutching at straws to actually find something to punish us for and in desperation have gone for what really are technicalities that they actually have no proof even happened and are subjective at best.

If we had really done something wrong, Greenturd would have made sure that the book was thrown at us, but that didn't happen and we really have been made the NRL's poster child for the TPA problems that currently exist. The league have known for a while that problems exist across the entire competition and have seemingly chosen Greenturd's favourite target, Manly by hanging us out to dry, as a warning to others.
From the limited information you have you may be right.

And why the penalty is as many are describing it “ hit with a wet lettuce”.

Of course all the wankers on social media have us 1.5 million over the cap, paying players with brown paper bags, two sets of books and have been systematically rorting the system for 10 years and so want our two GF’s stripped!!

All the time with Toggy Greenslime smiling on the sidelines.

It’s a stich up, we know it, he knows it but it’s a pity the rest of the Rugby League community don’t!

Most of the wankers on social media wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and punched them in the nose. They heard the words cheating and systematic salary cap rorting and, along with their hatred of all things Manly Sea Eagles, have us hung, drawn and quartered as the biggest cheats this side of Christopher Skase.

And I still maintain that was a lot of the point for why Greenturd chose to use those words, along with the "the other 15 clubs should be angry with Manly" line. He wanted people to be angry at us. He wanted the weight of public opinion to be against Manly. As I said the other day, if they couldn't hurt us how they wanted within their own rules, they would hurt us in other ways.

Unfortunately people will believe what they want to believe regardless of evidence, including those in the media. This is why the media constantly take 1 + 1 and get 3, and the uneducated fans lap it up. Todd knows this too, so he can leak things to the media and be sure they will be interpreted to cast Manly in the worst light possible.

If you did a survey of NRL fans and asked if Brett Stewart committed sexual assault most would say yes despite the fact that anybody who followed the actual case with any more than a passing interest would know the whole thing was a farce. Most NRL fans also think we are responsible for the demise of the Bears, ignoring the fact that they were insolvent at the time the criteria was applied.

It's part and parcel of being a Many fan I guess, and I think it does make our successes just that little bit sweeter.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8