Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yet shock horror, on the same day he regularly appears on NRL 360 and knowing that it would be in the papers the next day, details about DCE's and Dylan Walker's contracts are 'leaked' to Rothtool.

Who leaked that information?

It could have been Joe Kelly seeing as he has been implicated in the whole mess and needs some PR of his own. Remember Rothfool was going into bat for him as well saying he refused to sign DCE's contract because it was dodgy. Quid pro quo - Rothfool gets some dirt and Kelly gets some positive press.

I haven't really had many updates on the whole saga, I am blessed to be traveling and learning my new job so almost entirely focussed on that for the next few weeks. With that said I do know that some journalists are not really welcome at Manly and go out of their way to publish as much negative press as they can. Who they are should be obvious.

At least one of those has been mentioned in here, and I would not put too much stock in what he posts.

That cnt can stand there and make excuses for violent thugs to play in the nrl and then slanders an immortal and legend of the game with no evidence and total impunity. That fukn bald headed cnt has to exterminated permanently.

Greenberg actually called in all of the Clickbait hacks to a secret pre-press release briefing on the details of whats going on. Well Hooper and Rothfool couldn't wait to tell everyone that they were personally invited to be privy to this "secret" briefing. You have to give him credit, what a great tactic by Greenberg bring in Hooper and Rothfool and probably Massoud and tell them they are part of the elite RL journalists and thats why they were there. Whilst Hooper and rothfool were lining their pockets with free biscuits and instant coffee, he tells them he will let them and only them in on the "BIG SECRET" stuff, because he knew that they are so moronic that they would make assumptions and go off half cocked based on the NRL's angle without checking facts. They then go out and slander Bozo and make outrageous claims all based on what Greenberg has told them & muddy the message going out. Of course these intellectual giants were dumb enough to put themselves in a position of slander and back the NRL to the hilt.

Not to mention Greenberg and the NRL now employ an Army of ex fairfax clickbait hacks, who also freelance to the major papers. So now almost every RL journo is on the books at the NRL. Greenberg has basically read the Adolf Hitler political play book and created a ministry of Propaganda. With an army of Journos who live paycheck to paycheck sucking from the NRL's teet, afraid to say a bad word about the Turd and Wet Weeks.

If it was a country they were running it would be considered a Banana Republic.
That's exactly how I see it but am hopeful he made a couple of mistakes by
a) leaving out Kent and Ikin - very powerful voices due to NRL360
b) attacking Bozo with all his powerful friends
I live in hope.

I live in hope.

Hope is where Rambo 'First blood' was filmed.

hudson-s-hope-visitor.jpg

(sorry)

Yes, it's deigned to prevent a star player towards the end of his career signing with a club for a couple of seasons, but never having the intention of finishing his contract.
An example would be something like Cronk and the Roosters, say the Roosters were desperate to have Cronk play one season for them and were willing to pay him $2 million but couldn't fit him in their cap, so they could say "OK, we'll sign you up for 2 seasons at $1 million a season but you don't have to play the final season and we'll pay out your full contract, that second season at $1 million has to be included in the cap.
However, you can end up with bull$hit scenarios like Watmaugh's where he said that he suffered a career ending injury and was given dispensation by the NRL for the salary cap.
Like the Drags signing James Graham this year to 4 years :cool:

Wtf - someone has to decide if our appeal is even heard?
The chairman of the 3 person appeals committee is ex High Court of Australia Justice Ian Callinan QC, a formidable and extremely capable character.

Sounds like the NRL appeals process is like the process of appealing to the High Court, whereby an application is made first outlining the grounds upon which an appeal will be based. The Court then considers whether there is sufficient merit in the grounds for the Applicant not to be wasting the Court’s precious time.

The difference in the NRL’s case is that their Appeals Committee is obviously not completely clogged with cases like the Australian Courts are, so their criteria for what constitutes reasonable grounds should less stringent than the courts.

Do we have a reasonably arguable case, I bloody hope so.

It would be a PR disaster for the NRL as Penn would just take it straight to the Courts @:cool:

Then again, the NRL have no foresight in defending one of their Franchisees :confused:
It would also count against them if they haven’t exhausted the avenues for appeal with the governing body before going to court, so I see this as a logical step by the Penns.

Last edited:
Could @HappilyManly or some other informed person please confirm for me .. what are we appealing .... every bit of clickbait headline I read says "appealing the penalty"

Is this correct ... have we accepted quilt ...

Or are we appealing the actual NRL's ruling ??

PSS Sorry, but as @globaleagle has unkindly mentioned ... I don't know how to google ...

Could @HappilyManly or some other informed person please confirm for me .. what are we appealing .... every bit of clickbait headline I read says "appealing the penalty"

PSS Sorry, but as @globaleagle has unkindly mentioned ... I don't know how to google ...

The statement from Penn re lodging the appeal yesterday was full of ‘actual innocence’ stuff, around it being different interpretations of grey areas and Manly still adamant they’ve done nothing wrong. So, despite the click bait headlines we’re all seeing, I’d say they’re appealing the finding of guilt, on the grounds of actual innocence. That’s the barrow Scott Penn’s pushing.

Sounds like we are arguing based on interpretation of the rules i.e. We have not deliberately rorted. In that context, not sure that it's a black and white case of guilt vs innocence.

Understand that, but if we are only appealing the penalty ... that means we have accepted the guilty verdict ...

I suspect that all the headlines saying we are appealing the "penalty" are a not too subtle way of further demeaning Manly by inferring that we just think we should of got off with less.

The statement from Penn re lodging the appeal yesterday was full of ‘actual innocence’ stuff, around it being different interpretations of grey areas and Manly still adamant they’ve done nothing wrong. So, despite the click bait headlines we’re all seeing, I’d say they’re appealing the finding of guilt, on the grounds of actual innocence. That’s the barrow Scott Penn’s pushing.

Thanks Yoka

Manly just lodged an intent to appeal. They have till close of business Tuesday (due to 4 days of Easter) to compile their points of appeal.
Penn said that they are waiting on the Appeal Guidline to receive the requied appeals process @:cool:

It's all legalese now, so don't expect Manly to detail anything in the Media and stir the Baying Mobs .

giphy.gif

You would think that any appeal format would also include process and procedural grievances and disputing by Manly in regard to the N R L ruling and with interpretations and also inclusive of the N R L "s discretionary penalty .

Anyone see the Manly bashing cartoon from Boob Bailey in today's tele?
Obviously a sporting editors bumboy whoever that faceless jub may be.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8