Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Greenberg actually called in all of the Clickbait hacks to a secret pre-press release briefing on the details of whats going on. Well Hooper and Rothfool couldn't wait to tell everyone that they were personally invited to be privy to this "secret" briefing. You have to give him credit, what a great tactic by Greenberg bring in Hooper and Rothfool and probably Massoud and tell them they are part of the elite RL journalists and thats why they were there. Whilst Hooper and rothfool were lining their pockets with free biscuits and instant coffee, he tells them he will let them and only them in on the "BIG SECRET" stuff, because he knew that they are so moronic that they would make assumptions and go off half cocked based on the NRL's angle without checking facts. They then go out and slander Bozo and make outrageous claims all based on what Greenberg has told them & muddy the message going out. Of course these intellectual giants were dumb enough to put themselves in a position of slander and back the NRL to the hilt.

Not to mention Greenberg and the NRL now employ an Army of ex fairfax clickbait hacks, who also freelance to the major papers. So now almost every RL journo is on the books at the NRL. Greenberg has basically read the Adolf Hitler political play book and created a ministry of Propaganda. With an army of Journos who live paycheck to paycheck sucking from the NRL's teet, afraid to say a bad word about the Turd and Wet Weeks.

If it was a country they were running it would be considered a Banana Republic.

I have absolutely no knowledge regarding what is happening behind the scenes. But having been involved in legal matters most of my career, I know only a fool would appeal unless they have something substantive that proves to be contrary to the decision against them or its severity, and the Penns do not look to me to be fools.

Therefore if they go ahead with the appeal and are prepared to spend more of their money pursuing a cause they feel justified, they MUST have enough to know they have a better than even chance of winning (unless of course this is all to wedge open and expose the inequity and inability to effectively police the TPA structure, but I wonder if the Penns are that interested in just making a point). Otherwise they would just cut their losses and move on.

It seems, if they proceed, that something substantive is in the Penn's corner. We just dont know what it is. But I would suspect the NRL are getting quite anxious now about the outcome. They seem to just want Manly to crawl back and take their medicine. The fact that they dont seem to be doing that, implies it is approaching dangerously close to a major confrontation within the structure of the game, that could result in serious spilt blood. This could be game changing. Just hope Manly isnt a casualty
Do you think that there is a possibility that they may have some real dirt on Greenberg?
Maybe there is something like that email that they have uncovered.
I don't know I'm probably living in hope.
I think the wounds this b*stard has inflicted, the Penn's may see it as past the point of no return, and therefore think no more damage can be done.
I hope they are right.

Do you think that there is a possibility that they may have some real dirt on Greenberg?
Maybe there is something like that email that they have uncovered.
I don't know I'm probably living in hope.
I think the wounds this b*stard has inflicted, the Penn's may see it as past the point of no return, and therefore think no more damage can be done.
I hope they are right.

Doubt it and probably wouldn’t raise it if they did.

In war there’s battles you can win, battles you can lose and battles you can draw.

Pennster will know which battle he can win, and will stay away from the others!

Don"t think that he is still included in the cap but not totally sure . Must have just been an independent and separate arrangement between the club and Myles as he had officially retired .

Its actually been confirmed by the NRL that his $500k for 2018 is part of this years salary cap.

Yet BJ signs a contract with the Titans for 2018, promptly retires and his contract isn't counted as part of their cap.

NRL inconsistency at its finest.....

What concerns me most about TPAs is how easy it is for a very wealthy business man to rort it and not be discovered. I put this scenario on Roar, which quickly quietened some who said its a fair system

Funny how most of those who comment on Roar seem to be Brisbane and Chooks fans......from what I have seen anyway. Of course they will say its a fair system.

The NRL and Greenturd have been highly unethical in this whole process IMO. Here is a case in point.....

During the press conference, Greenturd said that they wouldn't be releasing the names of the 13 players believed to have been involved with the TPA's. Yet shock horror, on the same day he regularly appears on NRL 360 and knowing that it would be in the papers the next day, details about DCE's and Dylan Walker's contracts are 'leaked' to Rothtool.

Who leaked that information? I don't know, but you can bet that it was given the green light by Greenturd because none of his minions would have had the balls to do so themselves.

They wanted that info made public and knew that Rothtool was the man to do it since they couldn't officially do it themselves. IMO they didn't find anywhere near as much evidence of wrong doing as they wanted to (hence the relatively soft penalty and no loss of competition points) and this whole thing, from the press conference until now and continuing, was designed to get more and more public opinion and hatred against our great club. Same thing with naming Bob Fulton as the architect behind the whole thing and basically banning him from any official position within the game. They knew people wouldn't care that he wasn't even part of the club for the first 2½ years of it all, just that he was involved and was guilty.

They knew they didn't have as much on us as they wanted so the leaks and name dropping started almost immediately. If they couldn't truly hurt us one way, they would do it in other ways.

This whole thing has stunk from the start. I hope the club (Penn's), Bozo, DCE, Walks......I hope they all take Greenturd and the NRL to the cleaners.

Greenberg actually called in all of the Clickbait hacks to a secret pre-press release briefing on the details of whats going on. Well Hooper and Rothfool couldn't wait to tell everyone that they were personally invited to be privy to this "secret" briefing. You have to give him credit, what a great tactic by Greenberg bring in Hooper and Rothfool and probably Massoud and tell them they are part of the elite RL journalists and thats why they were there. Whilst Hooper and rothfool were lining their pockets with free biscuits and instant coffee, he tells them he will let them and only them in on the "BIG SECRET" stuff, because he knew that they are so moronic that they would make assumptions and go off half cocked based on the NRL's angle without checking facts. They then go out and slander Bozo and make outrageous claims all based on what Greenberg has told them & muddy the message going out. Of course these intellectual giants were dumb enough to put themselves in a position of slander and back the NRL to the hilt.

Not to mention Greenberg and the NRL now employ an Army of ex fairfax clickbait hacks, who also freelance to the major papers. So now almost every RL journo is on the books at the NRL. Greenberg has basically read the Adolf Hitler political play book and created a ministry of Propaganda. With an army of Journos who live paycheck to paycheck sucking from the NRL's teet, afraid to say a bad word about the Turd and Wet Weeks.

If it was a country they were running it would be considered a Banana Republic.

in amongst the gloom of this sorry tale .... that line .... m8 just beautiful ... it put a huge smile on my dial

Many many ways to Rort the system, having been in business for myself for 38 years it wouldn’t take me long to work a few out.

Rich benefactors and their corporate mates, why do you think the Roosters are so good at it!

Do you think I was talking about the Roosters Mark? That would be slander wouldn't it? Lets just leave it as a conjecture shall we hmmm. A very likely conjecture. Nothing to crow about though. By the way what's his reported wealth. In the hundreds of millions, isnt it? You could afford to lose a few hundred thou as small change couldnt you now and then, hmmm?

It’s only Thursday but would feel like Friday to you still working.

Meanwhile I have 6 Saturday’s and one Sunday.

Gotta have Sunday as that’s Bacon & Eggs day, love my B & E but weetbix is obviously better for you, so it’s 6 days of weetbix and then “ hello B & E”.

I was eating weetbix when I read your post! 6 days straight though..... dunno about that!

Glad to hear Penn is fighting this kangaroo court of amateurish piffle.

You still read tripe from cowardly no name journos from the AAP like:

Manly were found guilty of a similar scheme for which Parramatta were fined $1 million and docked 12 competition points in 2016. (on foxsports web site today)

So yes, happy to hear Manly aren't being bullied into silence and financial hardship by arbitrary goalpost changing from a vendetta riddled mafioso wanna be.

Anything happening about Neil Bare?

This whole farce of charges without providing proof, defamation of an immortal without due process, feeding morally bankrupt journalistic lackies with an unproven agenda and claiming it is all fact is f#cking appalling coming from the administrator of our national sport. This prick has to to terminated.

FFS, what is happening to a country and people so historically steeped in right from wrong?

We have a proud heritage of fairness, comradery and honesty... that's what is at stake here!
Self-serving c#nts that do sh#t like this are NOT Australian.

He needs to go NOW!

Can you imagine if there was a systematic cycle of doping???

Oh wait, a retained coach, up to 6 games "banned" a favourable draw, and a premiership.

Get on the roids boys!!!

This whole farce of charges without providing proof, defamation of an immortal without due process, feeding morally bankrupt journalistic lackies with an unproven agenda and claiming it is all fact is f#cking appalling coming from the administrator of our national sport. This prick has to to terminated.

FFS, what is happening to a country and people so historically steeped in right from wrong? Since when do Aussies take something they didn't earn or not do the right thing?

We have a proud heritage of fairness, comradery and honesty... that's what is at stake here!
Self-serving c#nts that do sh#t like this are NOT Australian as far as history shows and don't belong in controlling positions of ANYTHING.

He needs to go now and it's perfectly fitting that WE be the ones to do it!

Pisses me off!

Greenturd is drunk on power and the decisions he has been making of late really indicate that.

Thumbing his nose at the wider rugby league community in allowing a convicted thug to play in the game where the guy so far has NOT!! paid back any of the money he legally owes to his victims in NYC, all this is done to appease the donkeys!!, slanders a legend in the game in Bozo on circumstantial evidence without questioning the man or giving him the right of reply, these executive decisions have become the noose that is now around Greenturds neck. Sooner or later he is going to fall through that trap door due to his own arrogance and bias!!

The disprespect shown to our club and Bozo over the last week in leaking stuff to his NRL minions in the press has been the last straw for me. How unethical is this guy? He is ruing by fear and the other clubs are too gutless to speack out incase it is them that are next in the firing line.

I hope our owners and Bozo take this guy to the clearners for the damage he has done to our club!~~

So Myles doesn't have to be part of our 30 man squad yet his contract is counted towards our salary cap.

Say what??
Yes, it's deigned to prevent a star player towards the end of his career signing with a club for a couple of seasons, but never having the intention of finishing his contract.
An example would be something like Cronk and the Roosters, say the Roosters were desperate to have Cronk play one season for them and were willing to pay him $2 million but couldn't fit him in their cap, so they could say "OK, we'll sign you up for 2 seasons at $1 million a season but you don't have to play the final season and we'll pay out your full contract, that second season at $1 million has to be included in the cap.
However, you can end up with bull$hit scenarios like Watmaugh's where he said that he suffered a career ending injury and was given dispensation by the NRL for the salary cap.

Still can't see why Barrett has an official warning, but greenburg said he has done nothing wrong? Wtf
Toovey not interviewed no warning or sanction. Wtf
Bozo slandered, restricted from having a roll in the nrl but not interviewed. wtf

What an ad-hoc mess of an "investigation" we have been presented with.
It almost if they started with the punishment and worked backwards.

Just watching Sky News about the appeals process.

Apparently it has to be approved by the appeals chairman before it can even go ahead.

Assume he’s another NRL employee, so really what’s the point?

If he’s independent, then bring it on!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8