Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I have absolutely no knowledge regarding what is happening behind the scenes. But having been involved in legal matters most of my career, I know only a fool would appeal unless they have something substantive that proves to be contrary to the decision against them or its severity, and the Penns do not look to me to be fools.

Therefore if they go ahead with the appeal and are prepared to spend more of their money pursuing a cause they feel justified, they MUST have enough to know they have a better than even chance of winning (unless of course this is all to wedge open and expose the inequity and inability to effectively police the TPA structure, but I wonder if the Penns are that interested in just making a point). Otherwise they would just cut their losses and move on.

It seems, if they proceed, that something substantive is in the Penn's corner. We just dont know what it is. But I would suspect the NRL are getting quite anxious now about the outcome. They seem to just want Manly to crawl back and take their medicine. The fact that they dont seem to be doing that, implies it is approaching dangerously close to a major confrontation within the structure of the game, that could result in serious spilt blood. This could be game changing. Just hope Manly isnt a casualty
Well it is almost completely dissapeared off of the nrl website in just a few days.

No, absolutely no chance. This came from the investigation into the alleged match fixing. Just join the dots and you can easily identify the cause of all of this pain.
Surely he wont sign another contract once this comes out, how could you sign him and not be sh1tting yourself as a club.

One aspect of the explanation by Greenberg to penalize Manly that bemuses me is his claim that any T P A ' s on offer by Manly [ and disregarding the method ] restricted or prevented the respective players on the open market from receiving offers from other clubs . How could this actually be the case as in that scenario , nothing would realistically prevent a player or their manager from still be able to negotiate with other clubs and regarding other offers or T P A"s or whatever . So if this was not a particularly valid reason then what ? The extent or participation of some Manly officials in facilitating or assisting with general T P A S which would probably be just a matter of degrees then . And all T P A "s in question were still reported to the N R L in one form or another and registered . Still get the sense that there is quite an element of just making it up as they went along and some pretty subjective rulings to suit their agenda unless there is something else of substance to justify the N R L "s position .

Throughout this inquisition I’ve had a few conversations with a very high ranking club official and another administrator. Neither aligned with the Mighty Sea Eagles. The consensus is that Manly are guilty of no more nor less than any other club. That’s what is so hard to take and it really does seem that Todd Greenberg has some agenda against the club.
I don’t wish ill upon people in general but there will be no regrets on my part if he should find his position as CEO untenable.
I think we all know it’s a Vendetta!!

So Myles doesn't have to be part of our 30 man squad yet his contract is counted towards our salary cap.

Say what??
Don"t think that he is still included in the cap but not totally sure . Must have just been an independent and separate arrangement between the club and Myles as he had officially retired .

Throughout this inquisition I’ve had a few conversations with a very high ranking club official and another administrator. Neither aligned with the Mighty Sea Eagles. The consensus is that Manly are guilty of no more nor less than any other club. That’s what is so hard to take and it really does seem that Todd Greenberg has some agenda against the club.
I don’t wish ill upon people in general but there will be no regrets on my part if he should find his position as CEO untenable.
So eloquently put sir

I have word from a Manly official that we are going to fight this till the end. The corporate dollar that the Penns need to keep the club a float is now in danger if we don’t clear our name, so Scott Penn will fight to keep the corporate dollars coming in.

He also said that the Broncos would be asked to make statements about their TPA’s by the Manly legal team and see if they are any different to what we do.

The official then handed me his business card and told me to give him a call when I wanted to watch a game from a corporate box at Brookie. After I told him my kids and I enjoy watching from the hill like I’ve done for almost 30 years. He loved I was so passionate about our club.

God bless Manly

What concerns me most about TPAs is how easy it is for a very wealthy business man to rort it and not be discovered. I put this scenario on Roar, which quickly quietened some who said its a fair system

The scenario goes like this. The very wealthy business owner or associate of a club has many business dealings outside of and unrelated to the game. However he is wanting to retain or obtain a marquee player and offer beyond what others can offer, despite being limited by the cap. He has a number of other business owners he deals with within his business and in the normal process of buying or selling items he has many or is one of many tenderers. If he is selling he could offer one business a reduced cost for his business item, thereby ensuring a sale for the other business. But he would indicate, by hand shake, that the business would sponsor such and such a player. Nothing written just a hand shake. Both companies benefit and a player gets sponsored. Alternatively the business associated with the club offers to buy certain items at an over priced level. Again the agreement is that a certain player is sponsored and both companies benefit.

That's just one way to ensure you get big money for your TPAs (there are many more if you are very wealthy and in business). The companies paying the TPAs seem totally unrelated to the club. All squeaky clean. You might not even declare it to avoid suspicions, ensuring the player understands betrayal will be costly to him.

What concerns me most about TPAs is how easy it is for a very wealthy business man to rort it and not be discovered. I put this scenario on Roar, which quickly quietened some who said its a fair system

The scenario goes like this. The very wealthy business owner or associate of a club has many business dealings outside of and unrelated to the game. However he is wanting to retain or obtain a marquee player and offer beyond what others can offer, despite being limited by the cap. He has a number of other business owners he deals with within his business and in the normal process of buying or selling items he has many or is one of many tenderers. If he is selling he could offer one business a reduced cost for his business item, thereby ensuring a sale for the other business. But he would indicate, by hand shake, that the business would sponsor such and such a player. Nothing written just a hand shake. Both companies benefit and a player gets sponsored. Alternatively the business associated with the club offers to buy certain items at an over priced level. Again the agreement is that a certain player is sponsored and both companies benefit.

That's just one way to ensure you get big money for your TPAs (there are many more if you are very wealthy and in business). The companies paying the TPAs seem totally unrelated to the club. All squeaky clean. You might not even declare it to avoid suspicions, ensuring the player understands betrayal will be costly to him.

Many many ways to Rort the system, having been in business for myself for 38 years it wouldn’t take me long to work a few out.

Rich benefactors and their corporate mates, why do you think the Roosters are so good at it!

I have word from a Manly official that we are going to fight this till the end. The corporate dollar that the Penns need to keep the club a float is now in danger if we don’t clear our name, so Scott Penn will fight to keep the corporate dollars coming in.

He also said that the Broncos would be asked to make statements about their TPA’s by the Manly legal team and see if they are any different to what we do.

The official then handed me his business card and told me to give him a call when I wanted to watch a game from a corporate box at Brookie. After I told him my kids and I enjoy watching from the hill like I’ve done for almost 30 years. He loved I was so passionate about our club.

God bless Manly

It’s great to hear that but if we lose I fear for the longevity of the club!

Many many ways to Rort the system, having been in business for myself for 38 years it wouldn’t take me long to work a few out.

Rich benefactors and their corporate mates, why do you think the Roosters are so good at it!
Why not start a sports management company where you dont charge players who play for Manly a commission.

Allow me to wish I'll upon him.
Very I'll.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12