Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kevinward777

First Grader
Far out that James Hooper is a c0ck smoker. He’s harping on about how over the last nine months, people central to the investigation have been adamant that Bozo is the ringmaster in all of this. My question is, why were people who were integral to an ongoing investigation talking with the press before going public with their findings. It’s akin to jury members expressing their views on a case before a verdict is even handed down. Farking diabolical.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Oh and the appeal goes to an independent panel chaired by Ian Cullinan QC who was previously a Justice of the High Court, so most definitely any appeal would be mounted on points of law.

Penns legal people would have known all of this from the outset and even had some inklings as to the points of appeal and how it would be handled.

Then again, I hold little faith in the High Court of Australia or the legal profession in general so...................

So it could well be a case of “ here we go again”.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Far out that James Hooper is a c0ck smoker. He’s harping on about how over the last nine months, people central to the investigation have been adamant that Bozo is the ringmaster in all of this. My question is, why were people who were integral to an ongoing investigation talking with the press before going public with their findings. It’s akin to jury members expressing their views on a case before a verdict is even handed down. Farking diabolical.

Was just watching that myself, gee he’s set himself up for a defamation case rightvthere hasn’t he?

HappilyManly

Journey Man

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/hoops-breaks-down-manly-saga!671742

That man goes off half cocked all the time.

He had Manly crucified over the Match Fixing rumour.:mad:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/is-bob-fulton-guilty!671764

Neil Brean just got off the phone to Bozo. Bozo is 'filthy' and wants to see the evidence against him :cool:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/03/26...nly-boss-for-salary-cap-rort?ocid=social-WWOS

Last edited:

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Out of all this TPA’s Must Go
If the Nrl want any integrity at all
They are a advantage to clubs and a disadvantage to others

Just reading through the assertions from both sides it is clear that the allegations do not come down to extra cash payments over and above what has been declared to the NRL.

"The NRL's final determination against Manly included findings that the Sea Eagles had offered a combined $1.5 million in undisclosed benefits during negotiations to 13 players over the past five years."

The NRL are asserting that Manly’s dealings /negotiations with players included benefits from TPA that were not obviously at arms length etc. Penn is probably asserting that the TPA benefits were independent of the clubs negotiations with the players..

It is understandable that Penn could be correct in stating that is all about the interpretation of the rules and down to technicalities.

So it's not an outright rort that Greensprog made it out to be. It seems to me that there is a lot more to it and the fact that the NRL hasn't disclosed the exact circumstances of events to the public leads me to believe that they know there is a court case in the works..

Ralphie

Bencher
The question is, what is the burden of proof. Most civil matters are on the basis of the balance of probabilities. Only criminal matters are beyond reasonable doubt.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
So have Hoopberg and Greener been seen in the same room, at the same time?

Kevinward777

First Grader
Oh Gday there Bozo. Yeah just go for their balls ole mate. Rip em right off.

Anyways, see ya, I gotta go. I'm off to redeem my dinner voucher down at the club.
There’s no way Bozo is going to just bend over and cop Greenberg having his way with him. No way in the world. Bozo will use every single venue available to him to throw back at Toddy. You’re talking about a man who has had a profound influence on the game, in multiple eras, having his reputation forever tarnished by a little worm nobody. Go get him Bozo.

Last edited:

HappilyManly

Journey Man
https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/03/26/14/47/how-manly-s-salary-cap-breaches-unfolded

How Manly's salary cap breaches unfolded
By AAP

KEY QUESTIONS FROM MANLY'S SALARY CAP BREACHES

* WHAT DID THEY DO?

NRL Integrity Unit investigators claim to have uncovered more than $1.5 million in promised payments to 13 players during negotiations over the past five years above their cap-disclosed salary. Five of those players were considered to be offered significant payments, while the other eight were smaller through offering of materials such as cars. The Sea Eagles then scrambled to find the additional payment to the players, often by introducing them to third parties. The NRL claimed the club then signed false total remuneration statements to the league, and claimed the third-party deals were made at arm's length, when they were in fact procured by the club. Manly have denied the base of the claims.

* HOW WERE THEY CAUGHT?

Manly approached the NRL to investigate the club last July, in a bid to quell rumours spread after the Strike Force Nuralda investigation into match-fixing ultimately disproved claims. The NRL, with some resistance from Manly, then seized more than 800,000 documents, including from e-mails, texts and all club laptops and hard drives. A breach notice was given last December, to which Manly responded in person in February, denying the claims.

* WHY DIDN'T THEY LOSE COMPETITION POINTS?

Manly are under the salary cap for 2018, and have therefore not had any points stripped. This differs significantly to Parramatta in 2016, Melbourne in 2010 and Canterbury in 2002.

* WHAT WILL THIS MEAN?

The punishments are likely to cost the club a middle-range player in 2019. Manly have already confirmed on Sunday to NRL.com that off-contract prop Darcy Lussick was free to look elsewhere for a better deal for next year. The dramas also played a role in Manly missing out on both Mitchell Pearce and Trent Hodkinson.

* HOW HAVE MANLY RESPONDED?

Manly believe they have serious grounds to appeal the findings, and have five business days to do so pending legal advice. They have denied the central allegations and insist they have paid players additional amounts above the salary cap declaration.

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18
15 7 8 -47 18
14 7 7 -50 18