Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ned

Bencher
Now's the time for Manly to reveal that email they supposedly have from Greenburg from his time at the Dogs.

And the goat photos, it's a crime against animals I know, but I think Greenturd is a bigger crime against humanity.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
At least we know that other than us fans, Manly is still the most hated in the NRL. The amount of dummies currently on Facebook and Twitter who are claiming we should be stripped of all points, play for none or just plain kicked out of the competition is proof enough of that.

Love it!

Proves there are a lot of pet dogs running around with the family brain cell these days.

Nothing in that reply indicated they would actually appeal.

To be honest it read to me like a standard rebuttle to please us minions, with no firm decision to do anything.

I suspect this is where the rug gets lifted by the Penns.

Karin

Reserve Grader
I sure hope the "we have an email" bluff wasn't the only card they had, but it's starting to look like it. Maybe Penn should have gone to a few of beavers poker nights before inviting himself to the high rollers table.

I hope we DO have the email but have denied having it up till now so they can produce it now as a up yours.
Imagine the NRL suspended Kelly and Bare they would then have to do the same with Greenberg.
Now that would make Penn awesome in my mind.

The Who

Journey Man
Nothing in that reply indicated they would actually appeal.

To be honest it read to me like a standard rebuttle to please us minions, with no firm decision to do anything.

I suspect this is where the rug gets lifted by the Penns.
It does maintain that the club is not guilty of paying players over the salary cap declaration. So, innocent people usually try to clear their name in court.

Just as a side note, Manly are sponsored by a large legal firm in Shaw and Partners. Can you imagine the rub off for them if they take on the NRL, and win? Shaw and Partners take down corupt Greenburg, and do the rugby league community a favour. Titanic hit an Iceburg, Greenburg hit a Titanic!
I thought that were stockbrokers / financial planners!

Kevinward777

First Grader
It does maintain that the club is not guilty of paying players over the salary cap declaration. So, innocent people usually try to clear their name in court.
And there has been considerable noise in the media that the club is prepared to fight this all the way. Why would Penn keep on fanning the flames, paying what must be big money on continuous legal advice etc, if the club is guilty. It makes no sense at all. The unrelenting mud slinging over the last couple of years has tarnished the reputation of the club, raised suspicion towards players past and present, damaged legacies, cost us sponsors, and resulted in us having a reduced cap. Again, why are Manly penalised in their cap. Greenberg is going on about why we weren’t docked points because we are actually cap compliant. Parramatta were not hit with a single dollar fine on their cap, despite the fact they admitted to cheating, and cheating in a larger context than we are supposedly meant to have done.

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
Lets hope there is something behind the clubs response.
The fine and punishments actually seem quite manageable for the club...even if the charges are reversed the legal bills will easily surpass the 500K fine and (unless they can win a defamation case to follow the current case) I can't see the club really recovering the cost to continue this fight. In the history of these breaches clubs (including Manly) have usually accepted the charges fairly quickly (maybe not the Eels who just kept trying to sweep more under the rug).
The key thing to me is that the the language used by greenburg/NRL seems to be the strongest ever against this sort of breach - essentially saying the club has screwed everyone else and brought the code into disrepute (Funny how last year the Storm were still celebrating their 2007 non win) and I think it is the image of the club that the Penn's are desperate to protect and if possible to restore. Remember that we are the second lowest for members and if this follows through it will hurt us even more and without a s**tload of pokies or the NRL to prop us up this could be very bad for the club.
If there is grounds for appeal or to show the NRL's hypocrisy then they should give it all they have we may as well go down swinging. :finger::punch:

lurker

Beaver lover
So is our signing ban been lifted given we now know the maximum penalties?

Or given we are appealing, does it stay in place until there is a definitive resolution.
You wouldnt think so given that they aren't allowed to change our punishment and make it worse.......... can they? hahaha

ricardo

Bencher
Ok so Manly are guilty as sin for something (still don’t know what, salary cap irregularities my arse) ...

Can we just all move on from this rubbish? Bozo has retired so he won’t care about being banned from running an NRL club (similar to me being banned from representing Australia in the long jump). Some Kelly guy has an issue, sure. A year out of the game to count his cash. I can see there’s a bit of a fine and a tighter salary cap for a couple of years but let’s just get on with life.

Mitch

Bencher
The @SeaEagles have FIVE business days to appeal today’s sanctions handed down by the @NRL for salary cap breaches.
The same applies to Neil Bare & Joe Kelly.
That being said, all parties can seek an extension from the chairman of the NRL Appeals Committee

@NRLcom #NRL

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don’t get the statement of “ every club will be disappointed “
Every other club has be fined for salary cap breaches every year since the inception of the cap. Every club tries to take adavantage of TPA’s
It’s the fans of other clubs that will be diassapointed that are fully aware that every club rorts the cap and tpa’s but wish to ignore that fact cause it’s Manly’s Turn the be put in the spotlight
If the statement from club is to believed that they will appeal well and good
For me the muds already stuck , take it move on and win the comp that’s the only to stick it up all the haters

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18