Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey Manly, can we get one one of these macho photos.

8c5df552bdea89409c6e68c72a44c5e0.jpg

The other side of the coin here guys is perhaps we are as guilty as hell.

We’ve only had tidbits of information leaked to us and have all made assumptions based on that.

As a member I request , no demand FULL DISCLOSURE!

If we’ve done a Melbourne Storm then take the punishment and move on.

However, Penn has said from day 1 that we are innocent.

If we are as guilty as hell, where are all the details, why don't the journos have all the details in the media every day. With all the other clubs who have been caught out, we have been provided with heaps of info/examples - with us there has been nothing but a few lame innuendos - that is what I am trying to figure out

On another note, i mean come on. The amount of information that makes it way out of NRL into the hand of journalists before even being announced is absurd.

If the NRL was a boat it'd be on the bottom of the sea.

Interesting that it’s being reported we won’t receive a cap penalty as such. Maybe Todd is playing it safe to a degree. Large fine, a portion suspended and no cap impairment in the hope Penn accepts the ruling and then Todd looks as though he’s won. At the end of the day Penn’s main concern would likely be that the club can compete on a level playing field and might cut his losses with a fine. I’m pretty sure he will maintain his stance that we haven’t knowingly or systematically done anything wrong.

Interesting that it’s being reported we won’t receive a cap penalty as such. Maybe Todd is playing it safe to a degree. Large fine, a portion suspended and no cap impairment in the hope Penn accepts the ruling and the Todd looks as though he’s won.

Exactly, he’ll make the perfect politician one day!

Interesting that it’s being reported we won’t receive a cap penalty as such. Maybe Todd is playing it safe to a degree. Large fine, a portion suspended and no cap impairment in the hope Penn accepts the ruling and then Todd looks as though he’s won. At the end of the day Penn’s main concern would likely be that the club can compete on a level playing field and might cut his losses with a fine. I’m pretty sure he will maintain his stance that we haven’t knowingly or systematically done anything wrong.

Bulldog Ritchie, who would have already been passed information given the club would now be aware, tweeted the we are facing larger salary cap deduction although amount suspended.

ABC mentioned a Manly press conference at midday Implying it was a club presser), but must be confused and it is the NRL presser about Manly.

All said and done, just a bunch of noise and over the top scandalous hype, with a fair dose of smoke for special effect. It is hardly in the category of the Storm, Bulldogs, Sharks and Parramatta. We are not getting stripped of any premierships, and not been hobbled by a loss of competition points, or not being able to play for points. A storm in a teacup kerfuffle.

In no way is it an excuse for cheating whichever way we have. I hope our punishment is a fair penalty and a sufficient deterrent. Do the crime cop the fine.

But how do I hope we really do have the contract offer to Kieran Foran so that Todd has to cop his own penalty.

Convenient day for the NRL to release the findings....

Roosters said they will likely mount a legal challenge.

Could be Manly and Roosters vs NRL.

Again from Ritchie

BREAKING: Manly deducted $600,000 from their salary cap over two seasons. Club fined $750,000 with $250,000 suspended.

So it seems like we may be hamstrung again in 2019. Great stuff.

In no way is it an excuse for cheating whichever way we have. I hope our punishment is a fair penalty and a sufficient deterrent. Do the crime cop the fine.

But how do I hope we really do have the contract offer to Kieran Foran so that Todd has to cop his own penalty.

While we wait for the findings, the big issue is that the concesus by the club is that we are playing by the rules and most clubs are doing what we are doing cause the TPA system is broken.

Again from Ritchie

BREAKING: Manly deducted $600,000 from their salary cap over two seasons. Club fined $750,000 with $250,000 suspended.

So it seems like we may be hamstrung again in 2019. Great stuff.

But no reasons why!!

Yes James Hooper alluded to the 2019 penalty yesterday!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8