Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Might be understandable if it involved systematic and calculated cap rorting, cheating and manipulation such as the Storm"s and Eels instance but in relation to the present implausible delay and weasel mouth excuses from Greenberg and in Manly "s case at present and previously, this delay and N R L procrastination really should be not occurring . Greenberg and the N R L no doubt felt uncomfortable and uneasy with the fact Manly could not be incriminated in the so called betting scandal and are looking for any way or avenue now to avoid any unfavorable fall out from this current investigation if and as seems very likely that Manly do not really have a case or serious case to answer .

I tell ya it’s 1st of July, been saying it for weeks.

So 28 players it is!
Didn"t Manly play through 2017 with only 28 listed available ist grade squad players taking into account the Snake and Matai situation ? Maybe i am wrong and not saying it was ideal and for this season hopefully Greenberg will not be able to hold out for too much longer delaying a decision . .

Either we don't really have a case to answer, or if we have actually done something its relatively minor.

But it seems increasingly obvious that whatever it is, no matter how insignificant it might or might not be, Greenturd wants to throw as much of the book at us as possible.

Yet I am still filled with memories of not too long ago with the NRL led by the same bald headed prick that is trying to shaft us, bending over backwards to help doesn't-matta when they were caught cheating in an almost Melbourne-esk like way. Rules for one and rules for another. Guess which club is in the vital part of town where the NRL are trying to win a turf war.....

Either we don't really have a case to answer, or if we have actually done something its relatively minor.

But it seems increasingly obvious that whatever it is, no matter how insignificant it might or might not be, Greenturd wants to throw as much of the book at us as possible.

Yet I am still filled with memories of not too long ago with the NRL led by the same bald headed prick that is trying to shaft us, bending over backwards to help doesn't-matta when they were caught cheating in an almost Melbourne-esk like way. Rules for one and rules for another. Guess which club is in the vital part of town where the NRL are trying to win a turf war.....
This is the way I see it
-Parra were found to be systematically rorting the CAP for about 3mil over multiple years. Their penalty was be under the CAP for the current year(which they weren't hence they had to shed players,even with Greenburgs help in getting Whatmough taken off the books) a 1M fine and 12 points(I think) . In relation to Manly s alleged TPA issue (if we can believe what we have read) its 80k a year over 4 or 5 years and falls in what is obviously a very very grey area otherwise Greenburg would already have thrown the book at us ,an opportunity given his pathological hatred of us and resentment of our success that he would not be able to resist
Secondly we are and have been under the CAP as per us getting a tick at the end of last year from the NRL auditor ?
So given the above I think old door knobb head knows that its a very grey area ,and that it could effect multiple clubs (remember when this 1st broke there were stories of other clubs being caught up in it ,but strangely that story disappeared,no mention of other clubs)
So is he caught between a rock and a hard place knowing that he has little on Manly such that if he came down on them then he could blow the whole can of worms apart and himself with it ? How does he extricate himself from this mess that he has created while still retaining some faint dignity, semblance of authority and shred of integrity?

How indeed! someone mentioned on here that he may use our situation as an excuse to try and clean the TPAs up.That is a possibility,in which case we clearly cannot be effected by a salary cap penalty because we are and have been under the cap(unlike Parra). Finally its going to be hard for him to fine us heavily for something that is an interpretation error at best or borderline legal use of the NRLs own rules at worst.So for mine no CAP penalties(I cant see how that can be justified given the Parra punishment) and maybe a fine of substance but not outrageous with maybe half suspended and a re clarification or re doing of the TPA rules so long as uncle Nick signs off on it

The last piece of the puzzle is the player managers involved with the Parra rort ,how do they fit in if at all to this?.This I don't know but would like to know.
Anyway happy to be corrected on any errors of fact or indeed interpretation and looking forward to what I hope is an emphatic win on Sunday so GO MANLY !!!!!!!!!

If there is nothing serious to answer for, then if this delay interferes with Manly's recruitment, surely there MUST be compensation given by the League. Otherwise Manly have been so far penalised by having their contracts with held, a major penalty, for what possibly will be a minor infringement.

If there is little to answer for, Manly League must seek compensation and we as a supporters community must petition the League for wrongful punishment. We must not be quiet about this if what is suspected, comes to pass. We should get on every site and bag the League, no matter the Manly haters responses, and let them know they have failed the supporters of the northern suburbs.

Ok,yes we asked for the extensions, but its been 3 weeks now, so surely they could come up with a solution. It couldnt be that hard, but I guess, the longer it takes, the more it will destabilise our team and club. I feel its the Toddy and Nick show happening right now. I think Nick feels we are a real threat to his beloved roosters than he first thought

He hates Manly more than ever because Des failed to bring players over to the dogs, then failed to win a title.
This isn't a small matter like the lodge one. This is $80,000.
And one day, it will all come out. He knows Manly have him over a barrel on the Hasler stuff.

Just like someone else has him cornered on the Barba issue. He is a crook.

Now pass the port bottle.

It’s a farce now.

Charges made 7 days to respond, first farce.

Eagles request extensions, 3 of them, really not sure if that was needed???.

Eagles present case, finally.

NRL thinks “ wtf they might be on to something so let’s slow down the process so they don’t get to use any of their cap, the second farce.

NRL now thinking “ how the **** do we get out of this saving face”, no real idea here but hey let’s really really slow down the process maybe to say July then they can’t spend the rest of that spare Cap anyway”.

NRL, “ golly gosh that’s a big win win for us and the bonus is we get 4 more months to conjure up a face saving penalty for something, anything , well at least a small fine, maybe.

Never have I seen a more farcical situation involving our club, we are being totally screwed over, big time!

It’s a farce now.

Charges made 7 days to respond, first farce.

Eagles request extensions, 3 of them, really not sure if that was needed???.

Eagles present case, finally.

NRL thinks “ wtf they might be on to something so let’s slow down the process so they don’t get to use any of their cap, the second farce.

NRL now thinking “ how the **** do we get out of this saving face”, no real idea here but hey let’s really really slow down the process maybe to say July then they can’t spend the rest of that spare Cap anyway”.

NRL, “ golly gosh that’s a big win win for us and the bonus is we get 4 more months to conjure up a face saving penalty for something, anything , well at least a small fine, maybe.

Never have I seen a more farcical situation involving our club, we are being totally screwed over, big time!

Its plain to see Toddy is desperate to nail our club with something, so far he has nothing, but he wont stop till he has something otherwise he will look like a bigger goose than he is. It has to be obvious to the other clubs out there, but No one is saying anything, probably because they are guilty. When this all started, there were suppose to be other teams as well, but the target was well and truly locked on our great club and remains fixed on us. He is desperate to derail our season. Surely the club has to be frustrated and angry with the way this is being drawn out. Its pointless sounding out any players at the moment, because they then know who they can warn away from joining us, its a f....g joke. No wonder the NRL is dying a slow death

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12