Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kevinward777

First Grader
All these derogatory words against the ones running the game don't really help. Sure it is nice to vent, but it serves no real purpose for the club.
ST should adopt a classy.more analytic approach perhaps.
But I do get the frustration and sheer anger ppl
If there was a you’re kidding button, I would have signed up to this site under multiple channels just to press it. Almost as bad as my “Todd is doing the right thing by registering Matt Lodge post” Man I really hope you’re drunk.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thanks Mark - it’s only taken me near on 3 years to post since I first started trawling through The Daly Cherrygraph!!

The delay has been more than frustrating, but I am just glad that we have not rolled over even thought it may have cost us a signing or two.

Yes wasn’t that a thread and a half, only matched by the infamous Kieran Forum.

Look I think Penn would have it well in hand BUT remember they make and enforce the rules.

Toddy wants major face saving , so I expect it to be harsh, hopefully only money and not points.

eagle40

Reserve Grader
That is the other option of course but I have a feeling that after gunning for us for over 2 years Toddy won’t let this one go through to the keeper.

And remember it’s not a court of law where a precedence has been set, this is nothing more than a Kangaroo Court!!
The mind boggles Mark, Uncle Nick with the largesse Sombrero, must have some great knowledge against the NRL, because he just keeps spending, bottomless Cap

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Im just watching league life and Im sure that James Maloney just said that Nick Politis took the Roosters team to Vegas to celebrate their Grand Final win. How does that fit into the salary cap?

Todd will add it to Manly’s Cap because we were robbed of that GF.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I understand why some people think we have brought it on ourselves by asking for extensions to submit our response, but if the newspaper reports are to be believed, the breach notice was issued without the NRL having interviewed the TPA issuers in question. The extra time Manly requested was presumably for the purpose of submitting evidence; evidence the NRL could have acquired before issuing the breach notice. In my mind it is clear we are dealing with a Kangaroo Court...

For what it is worth, similar to what snake has just said, I think the outcome will be “negotiated” with there being a bit of face saving for everyone.

Btw - Long time reader, first time poster. And Bozo strong armed me into joining the tipping comp...
Good read Ranga , You have come up with some good points .
Thank you also for supporting our Silvertails forum from the "heart" by joining the Tipping comp . Good luck with your tips feathered friend .
52d5f83457222dafe13a0acacca7894c.jpg

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Sea Eagles keep Koroisau and Sironen (sort of)

March 14, 2018, 8:59 am By Joel

The Sea Eagles mightn’t be allowed to sign any players until their salary cap investigation is resolved, but that isn’t stopping them getting deals lined up ready to go when that finally happens.

According to Nathan Ryan on Fox Sports, the Sea Eagles have reportedly agreed to extensions with hooker Apisai Koroisau and back-rower Curtis Sironen, with one, small caveat – they can’t register the contracts.

The agreements are reportedly both for three years, and are expected to be ratified the moment that Manly are cleared to register new deals.

In theory, should another team gazump them in the meantime (or if the NRL impose sanctions on the Sea Eagles) the situation could potentially become messy, but at this point, it seems like it’s business as usual on the Northern Beaches, salary cap investigation be damned.

Koroisau has played 72 first grade games for the Sea Eagles, Panthers and Rabbitohs, and 12 Tests for Fiji.

Sironen has played 81 matches for the Sea Eagles and Tigers.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
To some degree it ties Greenbergs hands as he can’t cross Politis.

Interesting point, if he absolutely nails Manly then Kelly has to be nailed to the cross as well, or they sweep Kelly under the carpet and say he was unaware of what was happening ( very very lame excuse though).

rosco

Reserve Grader
Is anyone able to explain why we can't sign players for 2019. I would think with a number of players coming off contract this year we would have a few mill to spend. Can't remember any other club being stopped from signing players for future years.

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20