[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des I think has his greatest challenge ever as a coach in 2021 with the squad we have.

I think if we fInish anywhere around 13-16th place again at seasons end question’s will have to be asked of his long term viability to the club.

i Hope Des does turn our squad around this year and make us competitive but not confident though of that happening.
I think a lot will depend on injuries again , The team definitely needs the same players playing week in week out , As in Walker playing all season at centre, Foran playing majority of games not minority be with it 40 60 mins per game , Schuster getting more game time , Tom coming back and playing the rest of the season without injury , With the addition of Aoliai and Davey gives a bit more aggression and more go forward .
It is stating the obvious but if that can happen the team will be competitive and be pushing for a top 8 spot

WTF @Woodsie ....I just logged on thinking people might be discussing the results of the trial and outcomes and I walk into this.....you are a naughty boy Mr Woods......don't play the innocent lol. ;)

Actually Joe ... my comment " there is no God" .. was a reference to the scene in Caddyshack where the Bishop's best ever round was interrupted by lightning and tempest and in despair he forsakes the Lord ...

It was a comment meant to reflect my feelings at the loss of Tommy and the disastrous trial form ... it was never intended to be taken literally .... oops ..

nd if I see that complete lack of passion in the coach’s box again this year, I may just be forced to remind him what passion is!
I hope for Manly’s sake that I’m wrong.
Have to admit I'd love to see him rip a door off its hinges again.
I can understand him not getting all het up last year, it wouldn't have achieved anything except make things worse. This year though we need to start with full intent.
I'll be extremely surprised if we don't come out super focused if not outright aggro against the Chooks.

Actually Joe ... my comment " there is no God" .. was a reference to the scene in Caddyshack where the Bishop's best ever round was interrupted by lightning and tempest and in despair he forsakes the Lord ...

It was a comment meant to reflect my feelings at the loss of Tommy and the disastrous trial form ... it was never intended to be taken literally .... oops ..
was des in caddyshack ?

was des in caddyshack ?
No, it was just someone who looked like him.
1614726557917.png

I think a lot will depend on injuries again , The team definitely needs the same players playing week in week out , As in Walker playing all season at centre, Foran playing majority of games not minority be with it 40 60 mins per game , Schuster getting more game time , Tom coming back and playing the rest of the season without injury , With the addition of Aoliai and Davey gives a bit more aggression and more go forward .
It is stating the obvious but if that can happen the team will be competitive and be pushing for a top 8 spot
Agree @Fibro Eagle it really does boil down to this if we stay fit. I just want us competitive , I hate seeing us the way we are now as a club.

Just warming this up in case Sunday morning I’m hungover after Saturday night.

Haha.

Poor old Des. The games changing at a fast pace, and unfortunately, for whatever reason, we as a team haven't adapted or been able to change with the times. We need to find a whole other gear (I'm worried we aren't capable of finding).

It's been quite some time since we've almost been able to predict the results before a ball was kicked off, and you'd mostly be right (especially when we had Stewart, Lyon, Ox, Matai etc etc in the team).

You can almost do the same again, but from the other side. I literally think there is 0 chance we beat The Chooks. Understand they have quite a few players out (we only have one), but they are still stacked.

Haha.

Poor old Des. The games changing at a fast pace, and unfortunately, for whatever reason, we as a team haven't adapted or been able to change with the times. We need to find a whole other gear (I'm worried we aren't capable of finding).

It's been quite some time since we've almost been able to predict the results before a ball was kicked off, and you'd mostly be right (especially when we had Stewart, Lyon, Ox, Matai etc etc in the team).

You can almost do the same again, but from the other side. I literally think there is 0 chance we beat The Chooks. Understand they have quite a few players out (we only have one), but they are still stacked.

Some chance , but very little , just hope to get a fight out of them.

• 🌈
Reactions: Ned
Haha.

We actually have two players out in reality, both of them superstar's who would ordinary make up half our spine.

Certainly not ideal.

People often call me pessimistic, I prefer “ realistic “.

If you remember back to that rebuild period in the early 2000’s we had some great youngsters coming through , the Stewart’s , Watmough et al, but we needed a few key players.

Kite
Lyon
Orford

I sort of feel we are about at the 2005 point now.

Hooker is vital, if we don’t have Fainu we need to go out big time for another one.

I’m not convinced DCE will get us to another GF, but I’m not too hard on him like some.
Don’t forget BK. He was massive for us.

We actually have two players out in reality, both of them superstar's who would ordinary make up half our spine.

Certainly not ideal.
Not Ideal at all but Adversity can bring out the best in us

These dominating players who are not available have opened an opportunity for us to learn to be more resilient and dominate other teams without them

Adversity reveals character . We had lost our character last season
But our new Season will be defined on how our players respond this season

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4