Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters
Well this is getting interesting... no doubt Gould would love to have a yes man in Barrett back at Penrith. Cleary if he does leave the tigs will be at the Roosters so they can get his son there too. Kitchen sink and then some won’t get Cleary near this place as we are a bigger basket case atm than the Tigs ever were.

Tooves is the only, the only coach available on the market that can help restore any pride back in this club but the Penn family would struggle with that portion of humble pie they would have to eat. Not to mention that Tooves would not have an easy time here again knowing what happened last time.

Des, is an option (not preferred for me) but there would be some pretty watertight clauses that might get in the way of an agreement.

But if there was a package deal that included Des, Tooves and Singe i could maybe just maybe cop Des back here as it’s a proven formula.

Mag is another option but might be hard to swallow for ppl on here who want former
Player as coach.

But back to the first point media will connect any dot to dot assumptions to make any story so we’ll see what happens.

Trent at a Paddington cafe ?

That's closer to Penrith than Brookie is.
The deal is obviously sealed.

I agree Mark in part. I think Barrett has had two cruel years out of three with excessive injuries and given the clubs financial woes, some fairly ordinary back up players in the 30 allotted for the season. Part of that problem though was caused by his own selections at the beginning in not trusting some of the younger players like Anderson, Fainu etc and not giving those younger players like Tom Wright a chance earlier when he knew he was in trouble with injuries. He relied too much on experienced reserve graders, who are competent but don't win games. Some of his strategies also seem one dimensional. Manly also had the disadvantage of not having many top rank experienced players (again not his fault) and have had to rely on a number of inexperienced but developing players especially in the forwards. To me he reminds me of Brown (present Newcastle coach) who started off a little too close to the players with a tendency for favouritism...and I don't think Brown has still learned from those mistakes

Trent was spotted by an acquaintance at a Paddington Cafe in discussion with another person, when they recognized who it was they tried to listen in and all they heard was,, if you decide to leave these are your options.

Alright right edge
Alright

It was me having coffee and the options I said were you pay for coffee now and I won’t tell everyone back down the coast that you can’t surf and never could and let’s go to pizza moncur at woolara which is arguably the best pizza joint in Sydney

Signed left edge

Phil Gould's actually taken offense at my tweet, but debated it respectfully with me (kudos to him for that).

I think we can safely say, it's rubbish guys.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Phil Gould's actually taken offense at my tweet, but debated it respectfully with me (kudos to him for that).

I think we can safely say, it's rubbish guys.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Because honest Gus never, EVER has an agenda does he?

I find it hilarious how 'journos', like Booze Rothf*ck, say they heard a rumour BEFORE Saturday's game that all is not well at the riff, but mention it afterwards.
No mention of where he heard it so I can only assume that cheap bottles of Brown Muscat can talk...

It comes back to the players we have to execute the coachs plan. Last year we were number one in attack remember? Tommy was statistically the best fb and imho it was because of green. Now we dont have a proper half to execute the game plan this is why we have no set plays. Barrett has a good attacking game plan but some of his decisions are inexcusable like his bench selections or lack of use of the bench players not dropping uate not dropping dce the hastings debacle letting green go and using that park footballer croker. We were good last year because barretts game plan was executed thanks to green getting us to the spots we needed to get to on the park to get our set plays in motion, now we have dce who cant do it and hodkinson offers nothing but a back on the inside ball and kicking out ot seems. Who do you want to coach us? There isnt anyone other than dessy id like him back but not many would
Cliffy

I find it hilarious how 'journos', like Booze Rothf*ck, say they heard a rumour BEFORE Saturday's game that all is not well at the riff, but mention it afterwards.
No mention of where he heard it so I can only assume that cheap bottles of Brown Muscat can talk...
He’s a complete p1ssed up fool... why would anybody in the game want to share secrets with that little drunkard?

The only way I as a fan would ever accept having Des return as coach was so long as it was written into his contract that he may be able to go after or retain the players he wants.....but that he has absolutely zero to do with their contracts.

Anyone who gives him or even suggests that he have carte blanche like he had here previously and like he had at the Dogs should be taken out behind the Jane Try Stand and shot by firing squad.

However, I think Des' days as a coach are done. He did his dash at the Dogs and there wouldn't be many clubs willing to go down the path that has seen both Manly and the Dogs struggle because of salary cap issues.

Dear oh Dear...

And we get stuck into 'sports journos' for making rumours up and continually discussing them.

How are you lot going to be when you find out the coaching staff are either safe, or have had contract extensions?

DeRp dE dErP

lol

Please don’t mention cheap Brown Muscat it’s the first thing I got pissed on when I was 15. I went camping with my mates in the bush up the wakehurst parkway and I laid out in the pouring rain all night spewing my guts up and I’ve never touched the stuff again in 45 years. Oh to be young again.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7