Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters
I'm not convinced either way on barrett, but if this is true, I just worry about who we then get as a coach, there isn't anyone available, and before anyone says des, even overlooking what he has done to us last time round, the last time he coached his structure, tactics and gameplans were horribly antiquated and ineffective.

Then we have the Penrith/Blacktown/manly conundrum, we could lose all kind of players over that little situati

Lol, all the conspiracy theories. Hahaha.

Just want to get this right:

Phil Gould is colluding with Trent Barrett to breach his contract (illegal).

Then, Trent has spoken to Marty about breaching his contract (illegal).

And that news is from a senior official of the Panthers club.
So you are saying that coaches and players never negotiate their futures outside of their contract terms and that contracts are never terminated early? Awesome... altho you may need to explain the finer details to Geoff Toovey, Aaron Woods, Mitchell Moses, Jason Taylor etc etc etc... For the record, when was the last time an individual or club was penalised for one of these 'illegal' out-of-contract negotiations?

Personally, i have less faith in contracts than your good self and I also believe TBs statement sounded hollow from the get go whuch makes me wonder whether there are backroom transactions underway....

So you are saying that coaches and players never negotiate their futures outside of their contract terms and that contracts are never terminated early? Awesome... altho you may need to explain the finer details to Geoff Toovey, Aaron Woods, Mitchell Moses, Jason Taylor etc etc etc... For the record, when was the last time an individual or club was penalised for one of these 'illegal' out-of-contract negotiations?

Personally, i have less faith in contracts than your good self and I also believe TBs statement sounded hollow from the get go whuch makes me wonder whether there are backroom transactions underway....

Doesn't make it right mate. Just because murders happen every day around the world, doesn't make it acceptable.

I hope if Barrett leaves, the club sues Penrith, and gets fair and equitable compensation.

Then, if Marty follows, again, serious compensation should be demanded.

G'day All,

I have just got home from an interesting afternoon at my mates 55th birthday at a watering hole out Penrith way. Now I will preface this with the words allegedly and heresay. I had a lengthy chat with a person who is heavily involved with senior footy out that way. I reminded them of yesterdays game and my love of the mighty Sea Eagles. After a few beers talk got onto our rookie coach TB and how I think the bloke should be charged with impersonating an NRL coach. I was then told by my new best friend that they were privy to information, allegedly, that Griffin is on the way out and had been on the nose since April and that part of the rookie coaches meeting in May over his contract with the Sea Eagles was to do with him taking on the coaching job at Penriff in 2019.

He reckons it is still on the cards, so I guess all we can do is hope...…Sorry for any spelling mistakes etc as I am writing this with beer googles on.
Interesting story . Thanks for sharing feathered friend

Lol, all the conspiracy theories. Hahaha.

Just want to get this right:

Phil Gould is colluding with Trent Barrett to breach his contract (illegal).

Then, Trent has spoken to Marty about breaching his contract (illegal).

And that news is from a senior official of the Panthers club.
What is a contract worth these days ?

Well if thats true then we can be confidant that Marty has 1 foot out the door too because TB has assured us that he wants MT at the club "whilever he is here"...

Watch this space I reckon because Gus is TBs biggest fan and the language from TB regarding Tapau always sounded a bit suspect imo...

Yet there were reports as recently as last week saying they (TB and Marty) are barely on speaking terms. Go figure.

Yet there were reports as recently as last week saying they (TB and Marty) are barely on speaking terms. Go figure.
They may not be. Im not suggesting that they are in cahoots but it wouldnt surprise me if the "whilever I'm here..." line was a throw-off by TB because it just didn't sound like a rock solid defence to me...
I do love a good conspiracy theory tho lol...

They are both clowns.
When the moon is full
and the leaves begin to fly
when the bats a seen
throughout the night sky
Listen closely and you will hear..........
The sound of bozo's loud and clear
The clowns are calling YOU
They hope youll attent
and be fearless till the very end
Have a nice day feathered friend ;)

406373.jpg

You are relentless feathered friend .
Persistent
Persevering
Tenacious
The Silvertails forum is the voice of the Manly Sea eagles supporters
Mind you there are some on here that love Trent so you have a bit of competition @strone33 ;)

I don’t love Barrett but I’d like to see him have a year where we aren’t injured ravaged before getting out the chopping block!

But like many some of his selections are frustrating to me, although let’s not forget we are not at training every day either!!

I don’t love Barrett but I’d like to see him have a year where we aren’t injured ravaged before getting out the chopping block!

But like many some of his selections are frustrating to me, although let’s not forget we are not at training every day either!!

Neither is most of the team, given the amount of ball we managed to drop on Saturday.

Injuries aside, our game plans are pathetic, our tactics boring and we offer nothing in attack beside a inside ball...

That comes back to the coach

I evaluate a teams performance on how they compete on the field regardless on how many injuries they have
We have always fielded a team that is more worthy of the spoon position we are vying for .
We have a team that is capable of competing for the top 8 and our season is over
Nothing personal against Trent . I only give a fck about Manly winning .

Injuries aside, our game plans are pathetic, our tactics boring and we offer nothing in attack beside a inside ball...

What about our sterling defence against the 'Riff, who are one of the top attacking teams in the comp. We let in just one try in 80 minutes.
Is that defence attributed to the coach?
Also, we scored four tries against the 'Riff (one unfairly disallowed by the vidiot). So our attack did improve.
Is that improvement attributed to the coach?
Why don't we see if our improved form on the weekend continues for the rest of the year. Twenty has had to deal with 31 or 32 players in our top team, so our injuries have been horrendous. Mary McGregor has used 19 players all season because Illawarra has had no injuries. Last year McGregor was on the verge of being sacked; this year he is a genius coach.

So how do you rate premiership winner Trent Robinson as an attacking coach?

With all the stars under his salary cap sombrero the Chooks have scored 4 more points, 322 to Manly's 318, from the same number of games.

We have scored more points than the Broncos and Sharks too, and more than those scintillating attacking outfits, the Panthers & Warriors.

Also more than the Tigers, Titans, Dogs, Eels Cowboys and Knights.

Not that I think our attack has been good, I don't, but I point this out in the interests of a little perspective, something in short supply around here during this disappointing season

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8