Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters
H8terz gunna h8!

barrettt637383.jpg

It was a Brandivino or flagons of cheap royal reserve port for me, >40 years later still can't drink port and the youth of today can thank God that they probably don't even make that horrible Brandivino crap anymore.
Nothing like a cold Guinness feathered friend . Mothers milk ;)

Nothing like a cold Guinness feathered friend . Mothers milk ;)
Brandivnio was DISGUSTING but it was cheap @ <$2 a bottle! We'd save our lunch money during the week, tell our parents we were going to "Young Life" which was some religious thing held on a Friday nights and then not go and get thoroughly wasted instead. Amazing thing is that the bottle shop was doing a good business selling cheap piss to kids aged from Year 8 to Year 10 who did look their age and did not look even close to 18 ...... agh simpler and better times.

Brandivnio was DISGUSTING but it was cheap @ <$2 a bottle! We'd save our lunch money during the week, tell our parents we were going to "Young Life" which was some religious thing held on a Friday nights and then not go and get thoroughly wasted instead. Amazing thing is that the bottle shop was doing a good business selling cheap piss to kids aged from Year 8 to Year 10 who did look their age and did not look even close to 18 ...... agh simpler and better times.
Looks like you got away with murder back then feathered friend .

Looks like you got away with murder back then feathered friend .

Who remembers the scourge of tertiary dorms, Ben Ean and Cold Duck. Many a suffering morning trying to hide that deadening throb behind the eyes

'But when asked what chance Barrett was to replace Griffin at Penrith, Gould replied: "None. He's never been considered."'

So why would Gould, who highly recommended Trent to Manly, not even consider him?
hmmm

Because he is under contract for another 2 seasons.

And if Barrett has made it clear he is here for the long haul, why would Gould not shut down the rumours to ease pressure on a bloke who he clearly has a pretty close relationship?

And if Barrett has made it clear he is here for the long haul, why would Gould not shut down the rumours to ease pressure on a bloke who he clearly has a pretty close relationship?
At the end of the day
The only thing guaranteed in life is death and taxes

... and also because to have said yes would have been an explosive admission that they are actively seeking to replace Griffin .....

what a numb-nut question .... what other answer was Gould ever going to give ...

If Barrett does stay, I hope he starts to use a little more imagination than we have been seeing. I'm not against him staying, I'm against him continuing his policy of safe and very slow, and one dimensional strategies. He's been a talented five eighth and knows how breaks are made and what is needed defensively. Just needs to use that stored knowledge for a change. If he's here next year I hope he gives kids like Tom W and Anderson the chances they need to go to the next level, not send them out there just because of injury. Pick the player who is likely to win you a game, not the player there just to hold the fort.

The only way Barrett will leave before the end of his contract is if he is sacked and paid out. Why the heck would Gould want him back he has achieved nothing here and he achieved nothing at Penrith.

There is no 100% clarity on mushy rumours, but there is common sense.
Barrett has had below average success thus far with admittedly, a disrupted club....but has he shown enough to be considered to steer a team who has legitimate claims as a Premiership winning threat ?
I can't see it - then again, Gould may have sent Barrett to Manly to send us spiraling out of control and for this scenario - its almost mission accomplished....so now he gets rewarded with the Penrith gig :wondering:

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10