Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters
Baz loves his players, hope he gets a technical coach to complement his man management skills :inlove:

20180704_165819.jpg

A real mans drink
Cheers :D
View attachment 8817

Actually I do have a bottle sitting in the fridge waiting for an appropriate celebration, Bozo. Havent been too many to celebrate in recent years though. The pendulum will swing again in favour of the Sea Eagles though and maybe Manly's three warriors playing in the SOO will get us started back with stand out games.

On paper this is not the worst team in Manly's history but our coach and leadership have created what is probably the worst performing team in our history.

Even the Northern Eagles did better than this team.

Northern Eagles Results under Peter Sharp

Season 2000
  • Finished: 12th
  • Wins: 9
  • Points for: 476
Season 2001
  • Finished: 10th
  • Wins: 11
  • Points for: 603
Season 2002
  • Finished: 9th
  • Wins: 10
  • Points for: 503
Northern Eagles Wins over 3 season: 30
Northern Eagles points for over 3 seasons: 1,582

Manly Results under Trent Barrett and Cartwright

Season 2016
  • Finished: 13th (would have been lower except Parra lost competition points)
  • Wins: 8
  • Points for: 454
Season 2017
  • Finished: 6th
  • Wins: 14
  • Points for: 552
Season 2018 (Up to round 17)
  • Finished: 13th
  • Wins: 5
  • Points for: 318
Manly wins over last 3 season: 27. To match the NE wins over 3 seasons we have to win 3 games in the remaining games...... not going to happen
Manly points over 3 seasons: 1,324.

Even though he improved our finishing ladder position each year Peter Sharp got the sack for poor results. After 3 years in charge Barrett and Cartwrong deserve the sack for these abysmal results.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

#sackbarrett#sackcartwrong#nextweek

Manly Results under Tooves

Season 2012
  • Finished: 4th
  • Wins: 16
  • Points for: 497
Season 2013
  • Wins: 15
  • Points for: 588
Season 2014
  • Finished: 2nd
  • Points for: 502
Season 2015
  • Points for: 458

Last edited:
On paper this is not the worst team in Manly's history but our coach and leadership have created what is probably the worst performing team in our history.

Season 2000
Season 2001
Season 2002

Season 2016
Season 2017
Manly wins over last 3 season: 27. To match the NE wins over 3 seasons we have to win 3 games in the remaining games...... not going to happen
Manly points for over 3 seasons: 1,324.

Peter Sharp got the sack for poor results. After 3 years in charge Barrett and Cartwrong deserve the sack for these abysmal results.

#sackbarrett#sackcartwrong
Very sad indeed with those stats but well done on doing them
I gave you a winner tag not because I like the poor results but the time and effort you put in finding them, I wish we as a club could turn them around but don't think this will happen in the short tem.

Very sad indeed with those stats but well done on doing them
I gave you a winner tag not because I like the poor results but the time and effort you put in finding them, I wish we as a club could turn them around but don't think this will happen in the short tem.
I was actually surprised by what I found and I thought they must be wrong as I thought I would find the Peter Sharp coached Northern Eagles results would be way worse than this Barrett coached Manly team ...... but the stats don't lie even the Northern Eagles did better than this team and Peter Sharp got better results with worse players and he had to deal with all the crap going on at the time between the Manly and Norths boardroom factions. He had more to deal with Barrett and Co do?

I'm no Peter Sharp fan but he gets hammered on here but he did better than Barrett under worse boardroom conditions and with a worse team. For reasons I don't understand Teflon Barrett seems to have a lot of supporters and apologists but he has brought nothing but failure to our once great club. We have clearly gone backwards under his coaching. He has to go.

#iampunchie#iamnumb-nuts

Last edited:
I was actually surprised by what I found and I thought they must be wrong as I thought I would find the Peter Sharp coached Northern Eagles results would be way worse than this Barrett coached Manly team ...... but the stats don't lie even the Northern Eagles did better than this team and Peter Sharp got better results with worse players and he had to deal with all the crap going on at the time between the Manly and Norths boardroom factions. He had more to deal with Barrett and Co do?

I'm no Peter Sharp fan but he gets hammered on here but he did better than Barrett under worse boardroom conditions and with a worse team. Teflon Barrett seems to still have supporters and apologists and has brought nothing to our once great club. We have gone backwards under his coaching. He has to go.

#iampunchie#iamnumb-nuts
I agree he really needs to go
And a management clean out also then a proper rebuild can happen..don't think we have actually had our proper one yet just patch work ones.

Who remembers the scourge of tertiary dorms, Ben Ean and Cold Duck. Many a suffering morning trying to hide that deadening throb behind the eyes

Ben Ean

FMD that was terrible cheap piss!!

How about Porfrey Pearl ( probably not right spelling but you’ll know it).

Season 2000
Season 2001
Season 2002

Season 2016
Season 2017

Even though he improved our finishing ladder position each year Peter Sharp got the sack for poor results. After 3 years in charge Barrett and Cartwrong deserve the sack for these abysmal results.

Season 2012
Season 2013
Season 2014
Season 2015
That team were also nomads to a degree, sharing home games and training venues between Brookie and the central coast.
Must've been a big disruption.

That team were also nomads to a degree, sharing home games and training venues between Brookie and the central coast.
Must've been a big disruption.
Exactly. Massive, massive disruption and I imagine they also had their share of injuries. Imagine the crap the Northern Eagles players and coaching staff went through trying to bring together the cultures of two clubs that were always bitter rivals on and off the field. Yet the Northern Eagles still managed better results on the field than the current mob and Peter Sharp is very often cited as a shocking coach. Why is Barrett immune?

In our history the Northern Eagles years are thought of the as the "lost years" in my opinion the new lost years are the years we've wasted under Barrett and Co.

Last edited:
Exactly. Massive, massive disruption and I imagine they also had their share of injuries. Imagine the crap the Northern Eagles players and coaching staff went through trying to bring together the cultures of two clubs that were always bitter rivals on and off the field. Yet they still managed better results on the field than the current mob and Peter Sharp is very often cited as a shocking coach. Why is Barrett immune?

The Northern Eagles years are thought of the as the "lost years" in my opinion the new lost years are the years we've wasted under Barrett and Co.
Interesting how the word immune applies in Barrett's case.
I love seeing Queen Arthur cop plenty because he's a treacherous, one trick pony.
But Griffin cops plenty from the media and Mary got it too.
TB escapes.
Don't know whether it's the bozo factor but they give us heaps about anything else but him.

Interesting how the word immune applies in Barrett's case.
I love seeing Queen Arthur cop plenty because he's a treacherous, one trick pony.
But Griffin cops plenty from the media and Mary got it too.
TB escapes.
Don't know whether it's the bozo factor but they give us heaps about anything else but him.

Barrett suffers from eternal rookie syndrome, and is this immune to media criticism.

Lets all put in $5 each and buy a Powerball ticket. We should have 80% of the numbers covered. When we win before we split the winnings we pay out TB's contract and get back to winning footy games.

Season 2000
Season 2001
Season 2002

Season 2016
Season 2017

Season 2012
Season 2013
Season 2014
Season 2015

Care to throw in the defensive stats on those Northern Eagles teams?

How about average points scored per game in those seasons? (For the entire comp)

I love the smell of a good stats skewing in the morning.

Barrett probably feels he is, as they say, between a rock and a hard place. He knows the side wont reach the finals but he also doesn't want to have the reputation for being the only coach to win Manly the uncovetted wooden spoon...hardly good reading on his CV.

He has obviously reverted to playing safe when so many injuries started and now is stuck in that mental inertia not wanting to take risks that may see Manly with the spoon. We can all see that he needs to experiment, try new ideas, new players in important positions, but we don't have to risk our future as first grade coaches.

In some senses I feel sorry for the guy. He's hardly in a good place, not only because of injuries but what's happening in the management of the club. I think he probably considers that Fulton sold him a turkey, when he took on the job. It looked like a good fit, but Manly at that stage and now need someone with experience and a level head eg Toovey, Cleary...even Hasler. Barrett needs to bite the bullet (oh I love those hackneyed sayings and speaking the obvious) and get his finger out of his derriere and take some sensible risks. He probably will, but it will probably be when the horse has bolted (there I go again).

Now back to my corn flakes. Good luck with the gig Trent. And if you ever need good advice, you know where to reach me.

Worse than Northern Eagles , well yes that is indeed bad.

But don’t keep wishing folks because in a blink of an eye we could be the Perth Sea Eagles.

And we would be truly ****ed then!!

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11