Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumoured Signings

Jamie Jones Buchanan- English 2nd rower from Leeds, age 29 (beauty  ::)

Plays for Leeds

JJB would be sensational, a real tough mongrel of a player, don't think we will get him though or even be in the market to afford him

Didn't JJB and Gifty throw a few at eachother in the WCC during the Perry vs Peacock fight? Agro player if i remember correctly

Innes link said:
Didn't JJB and Gifty throw a few at eachother in the WCC during the Perry vs Peacock fight? Agro player if i remember correctly

I thought that was Choc when he belted Rob Burrow

Matai's offer has apparently been taken off the table by the Warriors, according to the LeagueUnlimited site.

probably saw his performance and his injury last night and probably don't want to take a 3 year risk, wish we could sign him for 2 only

I can't give you a name or anything, but apparently Ruben Wiki was on TV tonight and said that the Warriors will announce a "surprise" signing this weekend

Shane link said:
Please dont be Foran
It would take me a while to get over that if that happens.

Could you imagine losing both rookie halves at the same time... i just can't even bare thinking about that...

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I can't give you a name or anything, but apparently Ruben Wiki was on TV tonight and said that the Warriors will announce a \"surprise\" signing this weekend

Could it be Ruben himself???

Why is it Manly are the sluggiest machine to ever put pen to paper on any front...not just in The Lowe era...but ever???

Ryan link said:
Why is it Manly are the sluggiest machine to ever put pen to paper on any front...not just in The Lowe era...but ever???

Look around the clubs and every other side is in the same boat mate, I don't know if Jennings has even officially resigned with Penrith yet. Minichiello on the Footy Show the other night said he has pretty much agreed terms with the Roosters but would still be another couple of weeks before anything was signed etc

It is a bit of a different market this year as well, this is from RLW

"Rival clubs are filthy at the Storm for continually stalling on deciding the future of their star players as they try to fit under the salary cap for 2011. "The NRL, as usual, has done nothing to help us sort this mess out" one rival CEO says. "They should have set the Storm a deadline to decide who they are keeping and who they'll let go - they are holding up the whole game"

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=182270.msg282146#msg282146 date=1281135237]

Look around the clubs and every other side is in the same boat mate, I don't know if Jennings has even officially resigned with Penrith yet. Minichiello on the Footy Show the other night said he has pretty much agreed terms with the Roosters but would still be another couple of weeks before anything was signed etc

It is a bit of a different market this year as well, this is from RLW

"Rival clubs are filthy at the Storm for continually stalling on deciding the future of their star players as they try to fit under the salary cap for 2011. "The NRL, as usual, has done nothing to help us sort this mess out" one rival CEO says. "They should have set the Storm a deadline to decide who they are keeping and who they'll let go - they are holding up the whole game"
[/quote]

Let tonight show you why our team should be at the forefront when it comes to signings. The Storm are different. They don't NEED to sign  people- they already have a fantastic nucleus.

Manly presently have some glaring holes. Holes that should have been addressed and aren't - like our forwards.

Stewart, Foran, Ballin, Lyon, Matai and Watmough are a pretty fair nucleas here too mate

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Stewart, Foran, Ballin, Lyon, Matai and Watmough are a pretty fair nucleas here too mate

Then why are we potentially going to miss the top 8 for the first time in years. Why are we about the have our worst Brookvale Oval record since 2004?

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=182270.msg282271#msg282271 date=1281164685]

Then why are we potentially going to miss the top 8 for the first time in years. Why are we about the have our worst Brookvale Oval record since 2004?
[/quote]

That group haven't all been fit this year, we are sitting inside the 8, and we have 2 rookie halves.
Although many like to say otherwise, this much maligned group of players we have running around still has us in the thick of the comp with not many teams doing better than we are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7