Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumoured Signings

I would be over the moon if we got Thaiday, he is a player that gives his all and never backs down, he is my favourite QLD player I do go for NSW however.

Thaiday will never be let go from broncos, would be great to pick up a player of his calibre, i also rate him highly

c eagle link said:
Thaiday will never be let go from broncos, would be great to pick up a player of his calibre, i also rate him highly

I heard on the radio tonite he will be going to the Cowgirls if the Broncs let him go.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Dallas Johnson to Cowboys is a new rumour

He is a gun. It would be great to have him back in the game in any capacity. It's a shame he has to play for another club apart from Melbourne. Melbourne just seemed his "roots" if you will.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=182270.msg277911#msg277911 date=1279930603]
Dallas Johnson to Cowboys is a new rumour

He is a gun. It would be great to have him back in the game in any capacity. It's a shame he has to play for another club apart from Melbourne. Melbourne just seemed his "roots" if you will.
[/quote]

Good player mate, but I don't know about Gun, for me he was much like a Luke Williamson but with a bigger media following

Shane link said:
I didnt rate Williamson

Cougar was a gun, very under appreciated. So I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

As for the Mason to the dogs bit, I recon its a gee up by Mason to get a better deal at NQ.

For my liking he just dropped to much ball and his defense was sub par for the manly team circa 2006-2008
When he took a hitup i prayed he'd hold on to the ball
That said as a person i think his a champ

Shane link said:
For my liking he just dropped to much ball and his defense was sub par for the manly team circa 2006-2008
When he took a hitup i prayed he'd hold on to the ball
That said as a person i think his a champ

I like his work rate, and after he left we stopped attacking the line as much, more crabbing.

Shane link said:
Very good point but do you see mine also? :)

Yeah, he did make errors. I just preferred a few errors to some of the other plays we made which seemed so conservative. Especially late in the orford era.

Not that way now. We have plenty of players who push forwards and also plenty who are error prone. What we need now is a safe as houses prop who will just run at the line and soften up the other team in the middle.

Defence sub par is possibly the worst description I have seen for Williamson, that was his strong point

He was a vital part of the team for many years, often doing a lot of the unnoticed stuff that was valuable to free up some of the others to do their thing

Was a pretty big shame that after such a good career at Manly he did a hammy in the back-end of the 2008 season and was out for six weeks, and couldn't force his way back into the team...

He gave the club a lot over six seasons and deserved better than what he got in the end.

Was just reading last night that the same has happened again, he is looking at retiring at the end of the UK season, and has injured his foot and is unlikely to get another run in

You have any inside info on Matai at all mate ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Was just reading last night that the same has happened again, he is looking at retiring at the end of the UK season, and has injured his foot and is unlikely to get another run in.

He is well respected at 9, perhaps a media job lined up? They seemed to have him on a lot when he was around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4