Round 3: NON Manly games - discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon Chez Walks Turbos and possibly most importantly, Levi will lap it up off the back of our go forward.
Tommy destroys teams off the back of a bit of momentum without this rule. We saw what it did tonight. Tom will go crazy with this rule. He is hands down the best player in the comp off the back of momentum/go forward (Cook as well I concede).

Fast game. I'm liking this. A few sets of six in a row and you could be out of the game. Like Bris tonight. I thought the one ref was fair enough. Neither side was back the ten, closer to eight all game. But both teams got the benefit. Edge secondrowers will decide games this year for sure. Parra had second rower and centre pairings well drilled and it worked a treat. Boyd is past it and is either unable or unwilling to tackle. Not hating the crowd noise. Jamil was poor. Beer was only Great Northern so more "Beer flavoured water" than anything actually alcoholic... footy's back!!

I had Parra in the tipping all week, but you gibberers on here seemed to think Brisbane was the way to go.

Thinking that you all may get better news, etc I changed teams before going to bed.

Y'all owe me a point! (lol)

Seemed like a quick game. The recording didn't get the whole match in because I forgot that tv stations are incapable of knowing how long a game of sport is. Allowed 2 hours in its scheduling but didn't factor in all the yapping before and at half time.

The six again. I don't mind it as long as the refs understand it is still a big bonus for the team that receives it and that they really do give it out for a penalty worthy infraction and not less.

Listening to him talk about the improvements in the Eels halves in the post was pretty gross, surely he realises most people still listening are well aware of his bias.
Brown looked alot better.. moses had some good kicks. the eels always buckle against a better side which will be evident next week when we versus them. Unless the ref puts us out of the game like tonights game.

Tommy destroys teams off the back of a bit of momentum without this rule. We saw what it did tonight. Tom will go crazy with this rule. He is hands down the best player in the comp off the back of momentum/go forward (Cook as well I concede).
Agree. Tommy and Manly in general love to play unstructured footy. We like to push up through the middle and support and allow our talent to score off individual brilliance and support. Structure has always been a weak point in our game and this new rule goes along way to eliminating that.
It seems an attacking game but the teams with the best defence to withhold the opposition will be the best teams this year. The attack will just come itself with enough opportunities in such a fast paced game. I think the rule will definitely benefit us, its a shame we dont have Fainu but after watching Levi in the 9s, he carved up with the extra space and fast paced game. This has me even more excited for the year ahead

I agree with those who thought the flood of six-again calls to the Eels set up their win, Broncos tried hard but too difficult to recover from that opening 20 min.

Anyone got a stop-watch? I didn't notice how long the players were held down before the six-again calls, but didn't seem very long.
Plus, was there even a single six-again after half time? Maybe I missed it. But there were many tackles in the second half where players were held down at least as long as the ones that were six-agained in the first half
Also - not one off-side penalty all night? Or again maybe I missed it!

Parra looking like March premiers in May, the only positive is that their hopes will be high and so their pain will be greater if they don't go on with the job!

The big question I have is

Who reckons our side is suited to this “ new world” of super fast ad lib footy???

I certainly don’t think it’ll harm us in attack. Tom loves pushing up through the middle and getting on the back of quick play the balls against back peddling defence, so I can certainly see it being a bonus for us.

Our forward pack, whilst big, is reasonably mobile, so fingers crossed they can adapt.

I really think it will lead to some blow out scores and a pretty big gap between the good and bad teams.

And sorry but Gotherson more often than not takes the wrong option in attack. I’m glad he didn’t cone back to us. Overrated imo
Couldn’t agree more. I cannot stand him & his arrogance. Constantly flapping his arms around expecting a penalty. He’s slow, always gives the ball to his wingers when he takes a bomb coz he knows he’ll get smashed. I laugh when people refer to him as King Gutho Lolol.....more like Court Jester. And they try to suggest he’s on the same level as Tedesco & Tom T lolololol ....yeah right. Anyway glad he never came back coz he fits the worms perfectly!

There’re are 15 other fullbacks in front of “arm flapping” Gutherson. I’ve never seen anyone flap their arms in the ruck complaining of infringements as much as this twat!
The way he got burned to let in the Broncos first try was absolutely pathetic... Tommy doesn’t get done like that. It was almost Dariusesque

I can't stand those teams, so I skipped the game. Just caught the highlights on the NRL site.

Observations - the broncos have crap defence, can we please play them soon? Could they get the spoon I wonder?

Parra have lots of runners going through the defence off the ball - a few near shepherds in their tries, and a very messy approach where they are offside standing among defenders while the backline is still passing the ball.

Brad Arthur's contribution to the game may be encouraging his forwards to loiter in the defensive line while the backs pass it among themselves. Genius.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4