Round 3: NON Manly games - discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is what everyone gets wrong about knock on's.

The ball can be knocked backwards by a player when they have just dropped it ... but if the first bounce is forwards, i.e. towards the opposition try line, then it is actually classified as a knock on.
You sure about that ? If you throw a pass backwards that hits the ground and bounces forward it's not a knock on.

I didn't see any of the game, but my big fear with the immediate six again rule is that it's going to take a hell of a lot out of the defence - no chance for even the slightest breather. So if you get stung by a spate of repeat sets, the contest could be over real soon. Teams that aren't good at keeping possession - which hasn't been one of our strong points of late - are going to be under even more pressure than before.

Are the Parra players drinking beer?

Apart from the odd SOO & GF, I don't think I've seen footy players cracking beers in the changeroom after a game for years.

They're usually on the Gatorade & recovery drinks.

I didn't see any of the game, but my big fear with the immediate six again rule is that it's going to take a hell of a lot out of the defence - no chance for even the slightest breather. So if you get stung by a spate of repeat sets, the contest could be over real soon. Teams that aren't good at keeping possession - which hasn't been one of our strong points of late - are going to be under even more pressure than before.
You're spot on even though you didn't watch. Fatigue is about to become the single most important metric in the game. It's early days but I believe we are witnessing the end of the 120kg prop and the renaissance of the smaller, quicker, fitter, smarter player.

Thats exactly how it played out tonight .

The game was effectively over at the 20 minute period.

Eels , three straight sets after two six again’s, then a dropout , then another double set and fair dinkum the Donkeys were ****ed!

They never recovered and fatigue caused a lot of dropped balls and even more possession to the Eels.

It’s almost touch footy and the game can be over in the blink of an eye.

Super fit, fast , nimble players are going to revel in it , big ambling forwards could really struggle.

Payne Haas was all at sea tonight , I’m really worried at the makeup of our side, we have some that will love it but many who won’t.

You're spot on even though you didn't watch. Fatigue is about to become the single most important metric in the game. It's early days but I believe we are witnessing the end of the 120kg prop and the renaissance of the smaller, quicker, fitter, smarter player.

Yep, one rule change but it’s an important one, our big fellas aren’t going to be as important as they were.

Agile , fast , nimble forwards who can backtrack quickly in defence are going to be the new kings.

Thats exactly how it played out tonight .

The game was effectively over at the 20 minute period.

Eels , three straight sets after two six again’s, then a dropout , then another double set and fair dinkum the Donkeys were ****ed!

They never recovered and fatigue caused a lot of dropped balls and even more possession to the Eels.

It’s almost touch footy and the game can be over in the blink of an eye.

Super fit, fast , nimble players are going to revel in it , big ambling forwards could really struggle.

Payne Haas was all at sea tonight , I’m really worried at the makeup of our side, we have some that will love it but many who won’t.
Totally agree except for Hass, dude played 80min in the middle made 50+ tackles and more metres than he was entitled to every time he took a hit up. He is heads and shoulders above every other prop in the game. He did look slow but his stats tell a different story.

Super glad we will have 5 more games of data to go off before we play because they will be continually tweaking the new rule. Would've been nice to see a touchy call someone for offside tonight just to put teams on notice. The 10 meters was a joke tonight.

All I can think is that the touchies were probably a bit touchy that that were touchies instead of refs so decided to go on strike apart from the occasional 50/50 forward pass call.

Eels were 2-3 metres in fromt of the ref all night
I hope they don't get away with it against Manly, frustrating to watch and I hate Broncos
The Eels hooker in white head gear was jumping out so quick on the last he had his hands on the kicker every time, as he caught the ball ??
Not once a Penalty....usually it's penalty Broncos if the opposition sneeze....unless its Eels...

Are the Parra players drinking beer?

Apart from the odd SOO & GF, I don't think I've seen footy players cracking beers in the changeroom after a game for years.

They're usually on the Gatorade & recovery drinks.

Plenty of time to recover, the NRL made sure of that - 9 days till they play us.

Eels were 2-3 metres in fromt of the ref all night
I hope they don't get away with it against Manly, frustrating to watch and I hate Broncos
The Eels hooker in white head gear was jumping out so quick on the last he had his hands on the kicker every time, as he caught the ball ??
Not once a Penalty....usually it's penalty Broncos if the opposition sneeze....unless its Eels...
Yep, that will be pointed out tonight and the teams that play tomorrow will suffer the consequences.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7