Round 3: NON Manly games - discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The great @HappilyManly would usually start one of these so without further ado and with a lot less finesse...

Here tis:

Broncos v Eels
Cowboys v Titans
Roosters v Rabbitohs
Warriors v Dragons
Sharks v Wests Tigers
Storm v Raiders
Panthers v Knights

First up is the Broncos v Eels.

Brisbane are hoping they can quickly adapt to "playing on a thursday" (sheesh)

From nrl.com

Broncos: Matt Lodge, returning from a partial ACL tear, has been included on the extended bench but is set to come into the game-day 17 after getting through Wednesday's captain's run with flying colours. "He trained really well, he’s been training all week," captain Alex Glenn said.

"Our trainers put him through a few tests that he passed easily. Lodgey’s fit and ready to go. He’ll come off the bench though whereas normally he’ll start on the field. He’s pumped to just be back out there and adds strike force to our team." The Broncos have won four of their past five games against the Eels at Suncorp.

Tesi Niu and Xavier Coates were omitted from the reserves list 24 hours prior to kick-off.

Eels: No changes expected. Marata Niukore replaces Nathan Brown (suspended, round five) at lock, with Ray Stone joining the bench. Hooker Reed Mahoney has been named to start after breaking his foot in round two. The Eels have the best defensive record in the NRL after two rounds.

Jaeman Salmon and David Gower were cut from the squad on Thursday night.

3 things, this week and every week. Manly win. Storm broncos lose.
I hate this **** game first game back.

If you want to attract fans the storm canberra game is the game we want on tv tonight. Eels , donkeys, pfffft. More footy interest in norths v Newtown ffs

I have a feeling the Donkeys will be up for this one , and I’m sure the 58-0 score line will be getting plenty of airplay at their training.

They aren’t quite at full strength so Eels in with a great chance but at home with no travel, it’s Donkeys for me ( sadly someone has to win).

Last edited:
To me, on paper, tonight's game is a match between's Doesn'tmatta's very strong backline and the Bronco's very strong forward pack.
As I stress, on paper the Eels have one of the top three set of backs in the comp (the other two being Easts and Souths).
Brisbane has the most 'exciting' set of forwards in the comp. I don't see any other pack as having their attacking potential. The test will be whether they can defend for sustained periods, like Easts and Melbourne have proven you need to be able to do in order to win premierships.
I don't like either team. In fact, they are my two most despised clubs, but I'm tipping Doesn'tmatta to win a free-scoring affair.

I will be watching tonight's game with the expectation of a Schadenfreude sufferer hoping for satisfaction .... injuries, suspensions ... doesn't matter .... both will bring great joy ...

The scary part about Broncos is the forward pack.
Still looks capable of earning them a win, even with Fifita and Pengai Jnr with Ben Teo likely to be added later also....this is a Super pack at full strength.
As Mark from Bris Vegas mentioned above, that 58 - 0 should be enough ammo to have them UP for this game, I tipped Bris but Eels have a bit of wood on this mob so go with your gut I reckon...its like a 55/45% type game.

IMO If the Broncos shut down and frustrate Moses they will win. If they give him time and space they will loose. I expect grumpy will have lectured them no end about the importance of shutting Moses down. I don't take much out of the result last time as the Broncos just didn't turn up mentally. Plus its a Suncorp, crowd or no crowd it just psychological. The Eels are not the same side away from Bankwest. Broncos by 12.

@globaleagle ... in the telecrap today they had a big article saying over 300million people would be watchinhg tonights game ... and who is showing it in which countries ....

@globaleagle ... in the telecrap today they had a big article saying over 300million people would be watchinhg tonights game ... and who is showing it in which countries ....

I have set the dvr box (it's on at 2.50am) but it's also.... er.... I don't really enjoy watching non Manly games anymore (well internationals and soo I watch). I used to. Maybe a lack of time - which I've noticed can be short when one has a partner that isn't into the footy, lol...wah.

So sportsnet show about 3 games a week. I turfed watchnrl but I'll still see all the Manly games...
:)

PS had a look for the article but couldn't find it.

I have set the dvr box (it's on at 2.50am) but it's also.... er.... I don't really enjoy watching non Manly games anymore (well internationals and soo I watch). I used to. Maybe a lack of time - which I've noticed can be short when one has a partner that isn't into the footy, lol...wah.

So sportsnet show about 3 games a week. I turfed watchnrl but I'll still see all the Manly games...
:)

Who knows ... if they get the expected viewers in Canada and America it could lead to more games being shown ...

Who knows ... if they get the expected viewers in Canada and America it could lead to more games being shown ...

We used to be able to subscribe to 'sportsnetworld' which showed all the footy (esl as well) for an extra $20 a month (or ten toonies, or 20 loonies as they are known) but then the nrl went... "Nah we want every moose lover to use 'watchnrl' so shove off!

Well, its 28 May and the footy is about to re-start.

I admit, I was wrong. When they suspended the season two months ago I never thought it would happen. I honestly thought that we wouldn't see any footy until at least 2021.

I'm happy to have been wrong.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4