Round 18, 2018. Melbourne pregame discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate you keep harping on about Baz and his negative selections but when he tries something else that, mind you, has won us 3 tough games this season he's still not enterprising enough?

While we're at it, why not play the entire U20s team at first grade?

Fair dinkum, Baz has made many mistakes in his career but playing Dylan Walker at 6 is not one of them.
True.........but refusing to give T Wright a proper go is!!

Matty John's Show had a year 2008 commemoration segment.

So they show the 2011 (!) Gifty v Blair fight as MJ goes on about 'can't believe it's been 10 years. I was at Brookie that night....' :banghead:

So much for the fact checker department at Fox :fubar:

Sadly for Manly, Walker is unlikely to overcome a knee injury for Saturday evening's match, which is being billed as the 10-year anniversary of the 40-0 Grand Final triumph over the Storm.

Barrett said he would give his playmaker up until kick-off to prove his fitness, but he was an unlikely starter.

Barrett said Cherry-Evans also picked up a knock to his leg but would be fine, along with the Trbojevic brothers.

Manly have rolled out the maroon-and-white welcome mat to the 2008 premiership team, but only a handful are expected to be at the game.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ch...chance-last-year-barrett-20180712-p4zr1v.html

So Poor Kent says the scum should be offended by us promoting this game as 40 nil week anniversary.
To me it's our typical f*ck you arrogance.
Good to see it make a comeback.
Maybe they are getting the message.
This team is capable of beating any team.
Or losing badly.
But Kent can root his boot.
40 nil.
GO MANLY!!!!!!!!

So Poor Kent says the scum should be offended by us promoting this game as 40 nil week anniversary.
Or losing badly.
40 nil.
GO MANLY!!!!!!!!

As every rational person would know: It was much more offensive when the storm celebrated their two stripped premierships, with greenburg's approval.

edit: and that kent can pass himself off as a journo is quite bad as well.

Or losing badly.
40 nil.
GO MANLY!!!!!!!!

This is understandable. As a modern day 'journalist' he is no doubt offended by our use of facts in the promotional line used.

Kent did say that the Scumos would be more offended by Manly celebrating beating ( an illegally stacked Team) 40-0, than the reputation of fights during our matches

giphy.gif

#PleaseExplain

NRL should be promoting their recognition of the most emphatic GF win and lauding the achievements of Beaver :wait:

Steve+Menzies+Brett+Stewart+2008+NRL+Grand+Tcn4VBhz-iSl.jpg

Or losing badly.
40 nil.
GO MANLY!!!!!!!!
LOL and commemmorating the 2007 cheat grand final they were officially stripped of is ok?. I wonder what K.unt thought of that.
NYEagle

If Walker is likely out and with Barrett 's previous mindset , probably Hodko to 5 / 8 but if this does eventuate , another opportunity no doubt to bring Tom Wright in as 5 / 8 at some stage to then give Fainu a rest with Hodko in the 9 , similar to the Saints match . Matt Wright can also cover the 9 role but surely better for Tom W in the half's [ even though he could also cover the centres ] . Jorge is also apparently available but i think more appeal in giving Tom Wright another i st grade appearance and opportunity and presumably from the bench [ unless Barrett develops some unexpected .panache and includes Tom Wright in the run on team ]

So no Walker potentially ?? Hodko to 6 and TGWH onto the bench. Makes it a tougher assignment.

Billy Slater almost certain to be rested by the @storm tomorrow against @SeaEagles. Melbourne monitoring the rest of their players. I'd expect Manly's guys to back up given they have little other option. #NRL

Or losing badly.
40 nil.
GO MANLY!!!!!!!!
So what does Kent want us to do . Make a public apology to the Storm before the game for thrashing them 40 nil in the grand final ?
Does he want us to erase the 40 nil thrashing of the Storm from the NRL history books all together ?

images (1).jpg

"We're pretty sure Billy won't be playing but we will have to check on him," Craig Bellamy said.

"For Billy it was very emotionally draining for him. To play his last game up there and get the result that they got... it was a big occasion for him.

"He will probably sit out this week but hopefully he will be back next week."
None of Storm's six Origin stars will take part in Captain's Run in Melbourne this morning.

They will meet the side in Sydney later today before a call is made on their fitness.

"It might be tomorrow before we even know what we are doing," Bellamy said.

"We will probably be missing two or three to be quite honest, who they are at the moment I'm not too sure.

Sadly for Manly, Walker is unlikely to overcome a knee injury for Saturday evening's match, which is being billed as the 10-year anniversary of the 40-0 Grand Final triumph over the Storm.

Barrett said he would give his playmaker up until kick-off to prove his fitness, but he was an unlikely starter.

Barrett said Cherry-Evans also picked up a knock to his leg but would be fine, along with the Trbojevic brothers.

Manly have rolled out the maroon-and-white welcome mat to the 2008 premiership team, but only a handful are expected to be at the game.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ch...chance-last-year-barrett-20180712-p4zr1v.html

Yeap baz said in interview that walker was going to have a run today to see if he is fit to play. Turbos will play and DCE will be given some extra time to recover but is likely to play.

Hodko and TWright the obvious 2 should DCE and/or Walker sit out.

In terms of the mexicans, Slater is in doubt and a couple of other guys might be rested. Jacks/Croft may cover Munster.

If we win, we could potentially slide up to 11th. Given our horrid season, that would be amazing. Here's hoping. Both Walker & Taufua were out partying and drinking, so I'm assuming they are okay to play. Alternatively, they probably aren't doing everything within their powers to get back on the park.

X Bring Tom Wright into the side
X Jorge Taufua passes his fitness test
X Dylan Walker passes his fitness test

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Moses Suli
06. Tom Wright (plays just like Munster)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Shaun Lane
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Trent Hodkinson
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Lloyd Perrett

X No Matt Wright
X No Frank Winterstein

If we win, we could potentially slide up to 11th. Given our horrid season, that would be amazing. Here's hoping. Both Walker & Taufua were out partying and drinking, so I'm assuming they are okay to play. Alternatively, they probably aren't doing everything within their powers to get back on the park.

X Bring Tom Wright into the side
X Jorge Taufua passes his fitness test
X Dylan Walker passes his fitness test

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Moses Suli
06. Tom Wright (plays just like Munster)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Shaun Lane
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Trent Hodkinson
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Lloyd Perrett

X No Matt Wright
X No Frank Winterstein
We have always had a good team on paper . The incomparable Immortal made sure of that before he left .
Now we need coaching staff to get the best out of each player and fine tune them all into a Sensational Sea eagle flying machine

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8