Roosters’ cap crisis could send star to rugby, and force half to rival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Crisis, what salary cap crisis?

I see they just "bought" Dom Young from Newcastle.
Wingers they now have Tupu, Suali, Young and Corey Allen.

Guessing Suali will play centre or leave.
I believe Daniel Tupou is in the last year of his contract and apparently said he wasn’t likely to be re-signing.I’d suggest given Tupou is an Origin player,Young would take his $$$.There will be a watch on Keary though with his concussion history

Roosters had financial clout back in the day too , would have taken some decent coin to lure Bob Fulton from Manly [ but that was mainly courtesy of Kerry Packer ] Then not much latter out bid Manly for local junior John Harvey who was one of the best enforcers in the comp then . Seemed to go a bit quite then or just not getting value for money until the late 90 's and have always seemed to be at the fore front in the higher stakes recruiting field since . However or the ways and means they do it or did it , always a matter for conjecture of course . Probably some pretty dubious T P A "s in the mix as well

Roosters Cap Crisis - the funniest thing I ever read or heard! During this crisis they have managed to sign Dominic Young from 2024 onwards at 500K a season and are now trying to do deal with Newcastle to get him this season. That proposed deal must involves paying Newcastle money or swapping a player. Now if they pay money to Newcastle without a player swap does that count as part of their salary cap for 2023? Come on! I can't cop the rubbish the press feed us.

I glad our cap is in better shape then the Roosters, must be frustrating trying to attract players that I almost feel sorry for them.

The salary cap isn't working, its so easy to rort if you have billionaires involved like the roosters.
Jobs after retirement at the club or at companies owned by these billionaires, none of that comes under the cap.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t mind a cap crisis like theirs!
Thinking our backline was starting to develop nicely.
Then with a supposed cap crisis the Rorters seem to have no problems signing who ever they want, seems like a hell of a good problem when you can purchase a backline like this,

1 Teddy
2 Tupou
3 Suaalii
4 Manu
5 Young

With a backline like that, on top of their most recent signing controlling their ruck and a pretty decent set of forwards, I more than suspect they will be suiting up come October.
The whole salary cap nonsense is a circus, promoted by the NRL, headed up with staring acts from the Rorters, Dogs and others. Who polices this shambles, on the surface it appears the NRL is either incompetent, crocked or both, the inequity among playing rosters supposedly compliant with the so called salary cap should embarrass the NRL.

Just to play devils advocate.

Tupou is off contract and Sualii is has an option in his favour.

But yes if Young comes this year or all three are there next year then it is super suss

Just to play devils advocate.

Tupou is off contract and Sualii is has an option in his favour.

But yes if Young comes this year or all three are there next year then it is super suss
Well it wouldn’t surprise me, they’ll role something out, ie, Rorters have been able to ease their cap pressure as JWH announces his retirement, (700k) Keary agrees to a release, (850k), Crichton’s (700k) may even into calculations pending his personal circumstances, you can bet the spin doctors will role the BS out thick and strong, regardless.

“In 2022 they had Tedesco on $1.1m, Luke Keary on $850,000, Joseph Manu ($720k), Jared Waerea-Hargreaves ($700k), Angus Crichton ($700k), Sio Siua Taukeiaho ($625k) and Victor Radley ($510k) for a total of $5,205,000.

Serval of their players were set for upgrades in 23, incomes Smith on a 4 year, 4.4 million dollar deal.

Ok Sio’s 625 isn’t there anymore, but smith comes in Smith on 870 this year, they now have 7 players taking up $5.45m of their cap, (not including Suallii) not forgetting Walker has just signed a new 2 year extension, ( can’t find a number, but can’t see it being under 500) Lindsay Collins is on 500 and now they want Young this year on the reported 500, WTF.
I’m tired of looking at it, but that would be $7m on 10 players, what are the other 20 being paid? Which includes players like Satilli, Butcher, Watson and the other 17, (Suaalii)

Suaalii isn’t even considered in this number just reread my own post and see I left him out, remembering that south’s offered him $2.25 m in 21 before he was poached by the Rorters, can’t find his number, but considering souths offer!

No wonder the NRL had to look at a cap increase, without it the Rorters were fully exposed, remembering the 22 cap was 9.6m and the Rorters are 7m in on 10 players and that’s on the books (and that 7 doesn’t include Suaalii) embarrassing, corrupt or both? I’ll leave that as a question.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8