Roosters’ cap crisis could send star to rugby, and force half to rival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
View attachment 23790View attachment 23791

They may need a billion dollar stadium as there new one isn't working.

My goodness I wish we were going better so I could enjoy the roosters downfall.

With every advantage they have roosters still there season imploding is comedy gold and I love it.
Rich Uncle Nick will have the cheque book out, the brown paper bags full, the photos of PVL and Abdo and the City Ford cars lined up to buy and bribe their way out soon. Should be a miracle turnaround in ref/bunker clown calls coming from next week.

Really annoys me when a club says it is happy to let a star player out of a contract to go to RU, but won't do same to let them go to another NRL club. It diminishes the NRL as a whole.
And right on time, here's the Roosters, the red, white and dumpsters.

The Roosters have indicated they will not release the back-rower from the final year of his deal to another NRL club, but would consider releasing him to the 15-man game.

Media reporting Joey Manu considering Japan RU contract between end and start of NRL contracts. Manu and Roosters seem to want to do what Benji and Wests Tigers were not allowed by NRL to do a decade ago. Contrary to some media today, Benji was trying to do exactly the same and he was not trying to do it in a NRL off season and mid contract.

Media reporting Joey Manu considering Japan RU contract between end and start of NRL contracts. Manu and Roosters seem to want to do what Benji and Wests Tigers were not allowed by NRL to do a decade ago. Contrary to some media today, Benji was trying to do exactly the same and he was not trying to do it in a NRL off season and mid contract.
I guess if he's between contracts he would have leeway that Benji might not have had, but fair dinkum the NRL need to stop turning a blind eye to the roosters' obvious rorts.

If they actually allow salary cap exemption for this uncle Nick will buy himself a rugby team and all the Roosters will sign 1 year contracts with everyone getting summer jobs on the rah rah team. Voila, unlimited salary cap.

If Joey wants to earn some extra coin between contracts he should be allowed to but any salary cap exemptions for rugby players needs to be for players that haven't played NRL for at least 3 years. It should also be capped at something around $200k.

If they actually allow salary cap exemption for this uncle Nick will buy himself a rugby team and all the Roosters will sign 1 year contracts with everyone getting summer jobs on the rah rah team. Voila, unlimited salary cap.

If Joey wants to earn some extra coin between contracts he should be allowed to but any salary cap exemptions for rugby players needs to be for players that haven't played NRL for at least 3 years. It should also be capped at something around $200k.
It should also be one player per club

The weird part is how the NRL allow a roosters to "invent" new rules that make a mockery of the cap.
It's gone on for years now and yet when they release 2 reserve grade players and replace them with Internationals it is called in the media as "shrewd" signings and the players involved want to miraculously play for Roosters for half of what they've worth.
When I talk to mates they get on this tangent that Manly used to sign all the good players but I would like to break the news that "there was NO salary cap" in those times, so zero relevance.

Ive mentioned it before, I'm related to an ex roosters player.
He would never say how or what but would hint at dodgy deals.
What he was reported to be signed for he lived a fantastic lifestyle and his wife was earning more then double what I was earning while only working a few hours week unlike me doing 40 hours.

I'm sure every club is doing something similar but the roosters are the masters at it.
The sooner they change the salary cap to a player based points system the better, money is easy to hide but you can't hide points.
You can pay a player $300,000 or $2,000,000 a season but his points value is what it is, a lot more transparent.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8