Reuben Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Where exactly are people getting overtly personal/insulting? Specifically, as in the names of the posters who are being mistreated, what’s being posted, and by whom. If @Fluffy wants to make a statement that Des is sh1t, not a Manly man, and has not as yet, improved the side in any way, then surely he is open to reading the responses from other posters who disagree with this point of view. There is a real soft underbelly about this joint at the moment. Try not taking things to heart so much. I mean, who really cares if people agree/disagree with each other, or how many people on here think so and so is a great bloke. The closest thing to abuse which I have read on here of late has come from you mate, offering to meet @brad behind the sheds, @47MVEagle last night, calling people dim witted, hypocritical, negative, numb nutted and the like. If you post a point of view as often as you did in regards to how utterly sh1t we are after two rounds, then surely you must expect that people will point it out to you in return. You posted (again, on several occasions) how the positive people deserve everything coming there way after the Roosters loss, but scream blue bloody murder when it gets mentioned. Mate, I couldn’t give a toss about what your views on the side are, or whether you agree/disagree with any of mine. I made a few outlandish statements the other night while on the p1ss with a mate and he gave it to me with both barrels, later in the evening it was somebody else’s turn. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but they need to be prepared to defend it against a counter view, without screaming about injustice each time. Otherwise, it’s just dribbling sh1t from the rooftops with a megaphone.

I agree. But why not do it in a footy way, on a footy forum? Yes, I won't let barb's go, I bite back and resort to the name calling as well. I won't be an easy target, and if someone wants a go, I'll have a go in return.

But people come here for the footy. The team. People's opinions (like Fluffys with Des) may or may not have credence. Debate that, with reasons why he's wrong (or right) don't tell him he's a crap fan for it.

It's not about being open to being abused for opinion, it's about respect. Why do you think I had a go after two games at those in the off season who presented their theory I was wrong? It's because they did it disrespectfully. They did it childishly, so yeah, I acted in kind (probably childishly too).

Jesus, have an adult conversation. It's not that hard (again, not directing that at you, I'm speaking generally) . Your outlook that we need thicker skins because it's accepted as Australians we get into each other is way off the mark mate. That's high school mentality.

I'm not sure about your social group, but when I'm at a gathering, I don't stand there and call people dickheads for their opinions. I don't say, disrespectfully to **** off and go support another team. I don't tell people "we are sick of them for X, Y and Z".

Okay, when I was just out of high school, when I was 17, maybe so. And yes, we do have younger people who post here, do maybe there is an element of that. But I look at the young fellas like Harry, and he's courteous and respectful with his approach and his opinion.

I don't know mate, maybe I'm just out of touch. Maybe I expect too much? Maybe I miss the old vibe that was open, honest and respectful, and I have to let that go, because abuse is now just expected and accepted.

You see, we differ to a degree. I DO give a toss what your opinions, ideas and thoughts are on the team mate. Jesus, we've known each other here for many years.

Lastly, you're intimating I'm at fault for all the vigorous interactions I've had here. It's 50 / 50, and ill always give what I get. I'm no-ones mooch or punching bag. Once again though, that's an unfair example. Did I say those things? Yes. But why did I say them? Because people were being kind and respectful? Well, no.

Honestly, the threads here where people communicate with respect, and put forward their ideas appropriately, are so fun to be a part of. I know it's not as entertaining as the abuse to some, but to me mate, I'd much rather a healthy discussion . And again, if I'm wrong, I'll always put my hand up.

I agree. But why not do it in a footy way, on a footy forum? Yes, I won't let barb's go, I bite back and resort to the name calling as well. I won't be an easy target, and if someone wants a go, I'll have a go in return.

But people come here for the footy. The team. People's opinions (like Fluffys with Des) may or may not have credence. Debate that, with reasons why he's wrong (or right) don't tell him he's a crap fan for it.

It's not about being open to being abused for opinion, it's about respect. Why do you think I had a go after two games at those in the off season who presented their theory I was wrong? It's because they did it disrespectfully. They did it childishly, so yeah, I acted in kind (probably childishly too).

Jesus, have an adult conversation. It's not that hard (again, not directing that at you, I'm speaking generally) . Your outlook that we need thicker skins because it's accepted as Australians we get into each other is way off the mark mate. That's high school mentality.

I'm not sure about your social group, but when I'm at a gathering, I don't stand there and call people dickheads for their opinions. I don't say, disrespectfully to **** off and go support another team. I don't tell people "we are sick of them for X, Y and Z".

Okay, when I was just out of high school, when I was 17, maybe so. And yes, we do have younger people who post here, do maybe there is an element of that. But I look at the young fellas like Harry, and he's courteous and respectful with his approach and his opinion.

I don't know mate, maybe I'm just out of touch. Maybe I expect too much? Maybe I miss the old vibe that was open, honest and respectful, and I have to let that go, because abuse is now just expected and accepted.

You see, we differ to a degree. I DO give a toss what your opinions, ideas and thoughts are on the team mate. Jesus, we've known each other here for many years.

Lastly, you're intimating I'm at fault for all the vigorous interactions I've had here. It's 50 / 50, and ill always give what I get. I'm no-ones mooch or punching bag. Once again though, that's an unfair example. Did I say those things? Yes. But why did I say them? Because people were being kind and respectful? Well, no.

Honestly, the threads here where people communicate with respect, and put forward their ideas appropriately, are so fun to be a part of. I know it's not as entertaining as the abuse to some, but to me mate, I'd much rather a healthy discussion . And again, if I'm wrong, I'll always put my hand up.
Again.., who has disrespected @Fluffy, and what have they posted? Specifically.

Not sure if that's a sexual, factual, positive or negative thing, but I did eat Japanese last night, and I am quite gassy. ;)
And giving it to someone doesn’t equate to calling them a d1ckhead etc... my point is who cares mate? Really? This is a forum... that’s all.

Not sure if that's a sexual, factual, positive or negative thing, but I did eat Japanese last night, and I am quite gassy. ;)

Hahaha, I am on your side. Just look the term up.

What you have talked about is pretty much why I am merely a sniper on here these days. I miss guys like Darren, Bones and Mark from Brisbane as I respected what they posted. I know Mark still posts but even he cops rubbish on here at times. Darren was run right out of town, but he was a fan that attended a lot of junior footy and was informative in this area. I didn't always agree with Kiwi Eagle but he kept it classy and was never insulting. Where is he these days?

I have something to say ... anybody that can manage to use the words "I" or "I'm" more than 26 times is one post is a first class wanker and narcistic dribbler .....

PSSS ... that is just my opinion on a forum that no one should care what any body says and is in no way meant to be offensive to the wanker so mentioned ...

I see there is a direct reference to myself here @Ryan, which is completely your perogative.
As stated before, I am 99% supportive of all things Manly, but happy to express when I see a poor effort or in fact give a particular view of game day playing performance.
I am well aware you have many pals on here and that is great too.
But please for the love of God stop acting Ike a complete hypocrite.
When you get drunk you unload mercilessly on anybody that dares put forth an alternate view.
And heaven help anybody who gives you a dummy spit or laughing emoticon on one of your posts.
You are trying so hard lately to gather your sycophants in your little war, that it has become dare I say childish.
I’m not sure what more I can do, but to dispel your theory once and for all, “I completely support your efforts for free speech, and sometimes agree with what you say”
On other occasions when I feel you are carrying on like a pork chop trying to gather support from some of your mates, I call it out.
It’s a two way street, just learn to live with the fact that we can agree to disagree.
There is an element of posters who come here (a minority one) that is completely aggrieved by the treatment of Trent Barrett, and that is fine too. But don’t be surprised when the greater % of the forum pour scorn over these posters. It’s not personal, but it is very personal to those who believed he was running the great club down the dunny.
I am not one of your sycophants Ryan, I will always say what I want, and sledge those who I feel I need to from time to time.
I’m not going anywhere, and provided I post to the rules of the site, you will have to continue being outraged by me.
I don’t subscribe to trolling my posts to find a negative comment about Brendon Elliot being a reserve grader ample evidence that I sledge our players. I support them to the hilt, even Elliot, who despite his shortcomings has done a reasonable job as a fill in. Personally I hope he improves adequately to being a fully fledged first grader that is the first one picked in the team.
Chill out, put the weekend behind you, and try and start fresh from next week.
Apologies for the long post, but I thought it may add some balance
BTW in my eyes I am the No. 1 legend supporter on this site. That’s how I see it, passionate since I knew what footy was. Thinking I wasGraham Eadie until I was 15 ha ha. Oh well resume normal transmission :clap:

Fair enough on all fronts Z, and we'll articulated. Well, apart from 1 thing.

I most certainly don't have a clique, or a group of friends, that would ever support me. Yes, I have many friends, but they vehemently disagree with most of my outlooks on the team.

I have one mate (one of my besties), who comes round on boys games night, who says I'm the most negative fan he knows, and tells me why I need to lift haha.

I feel like a bit of a line wolf tbh, and I'm happy that way. Know how.many times Dan's pulled me into line. He phoned me one time, and stated, Ryan, don't go full retard. Hahaha. Or maybe that was messenger...forget. Memory like a sieve (head bang and all).

As for fandoms, I've got no chance being a Bears fan originally. I remember walking through Brooky Leagues club just after the dissolved the Northern Eagles, with Byso, Dan, Pepsi and a few more of the originals, and as I did, I was speaking about The Bears. Choc Watmough walked past, stopped, looked in and said, "mate, who the HELL are the Bears!!" Hahaha.

Therefore I'll always be in the reserves bench mate haha.

But I agree. I'm over the crap. I do take things to heart, and I don't let them go. We are in an upward trajectory as a team, and that's great.

And unfortunately, yeah, I did like Barrett. I didn't think he was driving the team into the ground. I think there were many unfortunate events and under currents that made things unsustainable for him. Kind of sad really. Then again, I actually wish Tooves never got shafted in the first place..then AGAIN...I wish Des never left us before THAT! And for that, it's a big F U to Todd Greenburg for aligning things to make that happen (in my books, illegally )

What you have talked about is pretty much why I am merely a sniper on here these days. I miss guys like Darren, Bones and Mark from Brisbane as I respected what they posted. I know Mark still posts but even he cops rubbish on here at times. Darren was run right out of town, but he was a fan that attended a lot of junior footy and was informative in this area. I didn't always agree with Kiwi Eagle but he kept it classy and was never insulting. Where is he these days?
Mate, @Darren was gold when it came.to the juniors. Total font of knowledge. Better than the papers, I'd come here to read his stuff before them and the official club website !

Kiwi Eagle has posted as recently as today and Darren posted on Saturday so they’re both still around

Fair enough on all fronts Z, and we'll articulated. Well, apart from 1 thing.

I most certainly don't have a clique, or a group of friends, that would ever support me. Yes, I have many friends, but they vehemently disagree with most of my outlooks on the team.

I have one mate (one of my besties), who comes round on boys games night, who says I'm the most negative fan he knows, and tells me why I need to lift haha.

I feel like a bit of a line wolf tbh, and I'm happy that way. Know how.many times Dan's pulled me into line. He phoned me one time, and stated, Ryan, don't go full retard. Hahaha. Or maybe that was messenger...forget. Memory like a sieve (head bang and all).

As for fandoms, I've got no chance being a Bears fan originally. I remember walking through Brooky Leagues club just after the dissolved the Northern Eagles, with Byso, Dan, Pepsi and a few more of the originals, and as I did, I was speaking about The Bears. Choc Watmough walked past, stopped, looked in and said, "mate, who the HELL are the Bears!!" Hahaha.

Therefore I'll always be in the reserves bench mate haha.

But I agree. I'm over the crap. I do take things to heart, and I don't let them go. We are in an upward trajectory as a team, and that's great.

And unfortunately, yeah, I did like Barrett. I didn't think he was driving the team into the ground. I think there were many unfortunate events and under currents that made things unsustainable for him. Kind of sad really. Then again, I actually wish Tooves never got shafted in the first place..then AGAIN...I wish Des never left us before THAT! And for that, it's a big F U to Todd Greenburg for aligning things to make that happen (in my books, illegally )

Hey Ryan, just on that last paragraph. I’m not in favour of Barrett but I won’t have a dig at him either. It was a decision by our club that he ended up as our coach and when he was here, he was under-resourced. When there is a problem and you want a solution then you go right to the source of the problem and for a while there, the decisions that Penn was making were the source. I applaud Penn for bringing back a lot of Manly legends to the coaching ranks at the end of last year but the sacking of Geoff Toovey and everything that followed until late last year was a ****show.

I’ve got no problem if people want to argue respectfully in favour of Trent Barrett because as it stands, our club’s admin had a lot to answer for on many things.

Last edited:
I have something to say ... anybody that can manage to use the words "I" or "I'm" more than 26 times is one post is a first class wanker and narcistic dribbler .....

PSSS ... that is just my opinion on a forum that no one should care what any body says and is in no way meant to be offensive to the wanker so mentioned ...
"Is one post is"
Classic.

Hey Ryan, just on that last paragraph. I’m not in favour of Barrett but I won’t have a dig at him either. It was a decision by our club that he ended up as our coach and when he was here, he was under-resourced. When there is a problem and you want a solution then you go right to the source of the problem and for a while there, the decisions that Penn was making were the source. I applaud Penn for bringing back a lot of Manly legends to the coaching ranks at the end of last year but the sacking of Geoff Toovey and everything that followed until late last year was a ****show.

I’ve got no problem if people want to argue respectfully in favour of Trent Barrett because as it stands, out club’s admin had a lot to answer for on many things.

This but unfortunately the sheep cannot understand

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4