Reuben Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I remember at the beginning of the year stating that this team was a top 8 roster team all day every day .... and with any luck with injuries and with Des and his team in charge .... we would be there at the end of the year ...

Of course ..... I got howled down by the resident heavyweight Punchie champion ... who ..... in a 4 paragraph essay, pontificated that our roster was a bottom 4 embarassment left us by Barrett ... and that it would take Dessie 3 years to rebuild ......

Now of course ... the loudest voice championing our roster is same sad numbnut ..... consistency ... I guess ... is over-rated ....

On the other hand ... take @Ryan ... I don't always agree with him .. in fact often fight with him ..... but I will give him one thing .. he is consistent .. and he calls it as he sees it. ..... and that puts him miles ahead of the dimwit that told me I was a fool for saying that if Klemmer came to Manly he would be on the bench because AFB would start .... Now said dimwit is proclaiming to all who will listen that AFB is the greatest attaking prop in the world ...... FMD .....

Give me a consistent Ryan over the hindsight experts any day ....
I've missed something ..... who is the heavyweight punchie champion?

Agree, still love him as one of my favorites, but I think it's best we all just lavish praise in every player regardless of form and wins / losses.

Better to keep the peace, and just agree with everyone.

3 wins, 3 losses. 50%. Barrett finished 44% with a similar roster (probably worse, given no 5/8), Barrett was the devil spawned

Haha, it is good to see the nasty optimists back in form. I thought they may have been a little sheepish after the loss last night. Barrett was 2-4 last year, Hasler is 3-3. Massive difference!!

Well that was a confusing read from first post. Im guessing a few were on the turps last night. WOW just WOW
I am so mind fkd I don't even know what the thread is about.

I do know I am glad Des is our couch and will be the one doing the review and not any of this shat.

Well that was a confusing read from first post. Im guessing a few were on the turps last night. WOW just WOW
I am so mind fkd I don't even know what the thread is about.

I do know I am glad Des is our couch and will be the one doing the review and not any of this shat.
Des is your couch?Do tell....(jokes,just jokes)

@Woodsie....... who is the heavyweight punchie champion?

Sorry ... It's not you Whilst you are certainly a worthwhile and deserving contender ..... often punching well above your weight division .... I am afraid you are not in this blokes class ....

I remember at the beginning of the year stating that this team was a top 8 roster team all day every day .... and with any luck with injuries and with Des and his team in charge .... we would be there at the end of the year ...

Of course ..... I got howled down by the resident heavyweight Punchie champion ... who ..... in a 4 paragraph essay, pontificated that our roster was a bottom 4 embarassment left us by Barrett ... and that it would take Dessie 3 years to rebuild ......

Now of course ... the loudest voice championing our roster is same sad numbnut ..... consistency ... I guess ... is over-rated ....

On the other hand ... take @Ryan ... I don't always agree with him .. in fact often fight with him ..... but I will give him one thing .. he is consistent .. and he calls it as he sees it. ..... and that puts him miles ahead of the dimwit that told me I was a fool for saying that if Klemmer came to Manly he would be on the bench because AFB would start .... Now said dimwit is proclaiming to all who will listen that AFB is the greatest attaking prop in the world ...... FMD .....

Give me a consistent Ryan over the hindsight experts any day ....

Thanks mate ! Likewise, you're one of my favorite posters. And we can even disagree on stuff. Obviously a skill others lack.

Barrett had a fit Tom for most of 2018, along with Dylan Walker. The losses that made up Barrett’s 56% loss rate were in many cases blow outs, where our resolve in defence was lacking (even in 2017 where he had some success with a finals spot).

I never saw the hurt in the playing group that was evident last night, whilst Barrett was in charge.

Mate, be fair, I remember a presser where Barrett was in tears. DCE close behind. I don't agree with the fact they weren't hurting. Barrett was an emotional wreck in the coaches box.
Give him that at least. He wanted above anything else for this team to succeed. To say he didn't, or the players weren't on the bus...long bow string to draw mate.

I still say Barrett was okay. Des is great. But Barrett doesn't deserve the thrashing all the dimwits here give him. It's completely unfair. All he wanted was better conditions (that Des now has) for our team and club.

Haha, it is good to see the nasty optimists back in form. I thought they may have been a little sheepish after the loss last night. Barrett was 2-4 last year, Hasler is 3-3. Massive difference!!

Hahaha, they never fail to disappoint. Like clockwork. Log on, and in on anyone talking about what they see in front of them.

Mate, be fair, I remember a presser where Barrett was in tears. DCE close behind. I don't agree with the fact they weren't hurting. Barrett was an emotional wreck in the coaches box.
Give him that at least. He wanted above anything else for this team to succeed. To say he didn't, or the players weren't on the bus...long bow string to draw mate.

I still say Barrett was okay. Des is great. But Barrett doesn't deserve the thrashing all the dimwits here give him. It's completely unfair. All he wanted was better conditions (that Des now has) for our team and club.

Fair point mate, there was definitely hurt from Barrett and to a degree the playing group. I just think that Hasler has improved this squad in a way that I don’t think Barrett could have (not to say he was a terrible coach). With the squad available (Tom out majority of these first 6 weeks along with Walker and AFB for what will be three weeks), Des has this team punching above their weight.

The facilities are no different to last year, some change in stuff but essentially like for like (S and C coach out, Donny in, Physio out James Rahme in, Football Manager our John Bonasara in).

Fair point mate, there was definitely hurt from Barrett and to a degree the playing group. I just think that Hasler has improved this squad in a way that I don’t think Barrett could have (not to say he was a terrible coach). With the squad available (Tom out majority of these first 6 weeks along with Walker and AFB for what will be three weeks), Des has this team punching above their weight.

The facilities are no different to last year, some change in stuff but essentially like for like (S and C coach out, Donny in, Physio out James Rahme in, Football Manager our John Bonasara in).

I think in june last year when Penn made it very clear he was not going to replace any of the staff that had left and was not going to supply the coaching resources promised ..... things went down hill in a hand basket quickly ...

No matter how committed the coach acts .... no matter how much the players say they are committed ..... everybody knows things are ****ed from the head office down .....and when push became shove ... it wasn't there .....

... add to that an injury list that saw us unable to name a 21 available players and we were diagnosable as clinically depressed ....

Whilst Dessie is a great coach .... make no mistake .... the biggest factor in turning this club around has been the confidence given to the players by the club employing a ... Donnie Singh .... Matt Ballin ... Crusher Cleal .... Monaghan ... sprint Coach .... a sports phychologist etc etc .... these are the big difference that would have convinced the players that the owners and head office are fair dinkum .....

The whole dynamic around the place would be charged .......

I will happily put my hand up as a dimwit, punchie, num nut, or whatever other insult you choose to throw around.

Barrett was trash as a head coach. Tactically inept.
Playing StGeorge last season, who were leading the comp at the time, or thereabouts, with the best attacking record in the comp.

We spent all game kicking the ball on early tackles, gifting the best attacking side at the time as much ball as they would have needed to win 5 games of footy.

That's one example that I can remember.

His (mis)use of Croker is another issue I have.

Heck, even Parker is twice the player in a half dozen games this season when compared to anything he showed last year.

Whilst Dessie is a great coach .... make no mistake .... the biggest factor in turning this club around has been the confidence given to the players by the club employing a ... Donnie Singh .... Matt Ballin ... Crusher Cleal .... Monaghan ... sprint Coach .... a sports phychologist etc etc .... these are the big difference that would have convinced the players that the owners and head office are fair dinkum .....

The whole dynamic around the place would be charged .......
Isn’t Donnie Singh an up and coming Indian all-rounder?

I will happily put my hand up as a dimwit, punchie, num nut, or whatever other insult you choose to throw around.

Barrett was trash as a head coach. Tactically inept.
Playing StGeorge last season, who were leading the comp at the time, or thereabouts, with the best attacking record in the comp.

We spent all game kicking the ball on early tackles, gifting the best attacking side at the time as much ball as they would have needed to win 5 games of footy.

That's one example that I can remember.

His (mis)use of Croker is another issue I have.

Heck, even Parker is twice the player in a half dozen games this season when compared to anything he showed last year.

Well, he was selected as a City / Country coach dimwit, by people FAR more in the know than you, and he is also being sought by other teams.

Get a grip.

We came 6th overall not long ago with him as a coach .

But keep being negative all you want, when it suits you of course.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10