Reuben Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well, he was selected as a City / Country coach dimwit, by people FAR more in the know than you, and he is also being sought by other teams.

Get a grip.

We came 6th overall not long ago with him as a coach .

But keep being negative all you want, when it suits you of course.

Not sure why you are throwing the insults around, but ok.

I have a very firm grip. Barrett is a trash head coach. He may be fantastic as a hit and run style that is SOO or City/Country, but over a long haul season...clearly no good.

Dimwit or otherwise, the results are in, and I can only interpret them one way.

Well, he was selected as a City / Country coach dimwit, by people FAR more in the know than you, and he is also being sought by other teams.

Get a grip.

Lets put things in perspective ....

The fact is...
We came 6th in 2017 when Bozo was head of football operations and had a big influence on our team

In 2018 Trent fell out with bozo and was cocky enough to think we would be his own man and do it his way

His solo effort led us to wooden spoon level .

Get a real grip mate

Get a grip.

I’d be a little careful about gauging anything off the City/Country coaching appointments, TBH. That’s a ‘jobs for the boys’ gig if ever there was one - there’s minimal actual coaching involved, it’s all about the bonding sessions and community visits, much like the All Stars.

Even the team selections are more about gifting a ‘rep’ selection to a lot of guys who wouldn’t otherwise be in the frame for a rep side. It’s all about the gits and shiggles rather than particularly high level footy.

if there was an olympic event for the 10m sprint i think a couple of the dragons players would have to be contenders, geez they were quick getting to us on our own line

Thought the same thing myself last night. There were a few times in the second half when we were coming off our line that the ball had barely got out of the dummy halves hands, yet their defence had already covered 6-7 metres.

Not even Usain Bolt at his best was that quick off the mark.

Lets put things in perspective ....

The fact is...
We came 6th in 2017 when Bozo was head of football operations and had a big influence on our team

In 2018 Trent fell out with bozo and was cocky enough to think we would be his own man and do it his way

His solo effort led us to wooden spoon level .

Get a real grip mate
Let me get this straight:

Barrett Coach 2017: Bozo Head of Ops: Bozo did all the work?
Barrett Coach 2018: Bozo Head of Ops: Barrett was all at fault?

This,ladies and gentlemet, sums up Silvertails forum atm. Simple as that. You ****ing know who you are - numbnuts !

I’d be a little careful about gauging anything off the City/Country coaching appointments, TBH. That’s a ‘jobs for the boys’ gig if ever there was one - there’s minimal actual coaching involved, it’s all about the bonding sessions and community visits, much like the All Stars.

Even the team selections are more about gifting a ‘rep’ selection to a lot of guys who wouldn’t otherwise be in the frame for a rep side. It’s all about the gits and shiggles rather than particularly high level footy.

Bellamy was selected remember? Maybe you don't. The current SOO coach too in Fittler, a series winner.

Who knows.

I reckon the 'dragons factor' got to him a bit tonight.

Made that early mistake, and had that dragoons crowd in his head.

He will bounce back next week vs the Dogs.

But I am sure Des will be all over him.
We play the 3rd placed Raiders next week, not the Dogs.
Brookvale, Sunday, 2pm, big crowd, be there!!
By the way, Garrick is in our team and is one of the reasons Sportsbet has us narrow favourites to win that game.

Bellamy was selected remember? Maybe you don't. The current SOO coach too in Fittler, a series winner.

Who knows.

I certainly don't think the skill sets that can make a great club coach will necessarily transfer to origin or city/country. Definitely not vice versa (although admittedly there is little evidence in the last 10/15 years of coaches who have excelled at both).

Who knows.

Fittler is looking reasonably good - so far - as Origin coach. Bellamy was a flat-out failure, if you recall. Steve Turner an Origin player? Please! Couldn’t take the Melbourne glasses off even for three games.

All I know is, Trent Barrett is back in the Shellharbour area (his kids are back at a local primary school, so there’s obviously some degree of permanence about it) - the Dragons don’t seem to be bending over backwards to give him a top-level coaching gig, so I wonder who is? One of the local Group 7 sides?

Point stands, regardless. Sure, there are coaches (and players) who go onto bigger things after City/Country or Allstars. Plenty who don’t, and will forever hang their hat on “I played for/coached *a* rep side” even though it was a Mickey Mouse one.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight:

Barrett Coach 2017: Bozo Head of Ops: Bozo did all the work?
Barrett Coach 2018: Bozo Head of Ops: Barrett was all at fault?

This,ladies and gentlemet, sums up Silvertails forum atm. Simple as that. You ****ing know who you are - numbnuts !

Fact are .....

The incomparable immortal was head of football operation meaning he was overseeing and having a big input in our team

Your mate Trent had the audacity and stupidity to fall out with the incomparable Immortal after the 2017 season and in 2018 when he did it his own way , and we know the capabilities he had on the team on his own as they fell to wooden spoon standards

More facts ...

You complain that people get personal with you and play at the man and not the ball and here you are getting getting personal labeling posters numbnuts

Last edited:
Fact are .....

The incomparable immortal was head of football operation meaning he was overseeing and having a big input in our team

Your mate Trent had the audacity and stupidity to fall out with the incomparable Immortal after the 2017 season and in 2018 when he did it on his own way and we know the capabilities he had on the team on his own as they fell to wooden spoon standards

More facts ...

You complain that people get personal with you and play at the man and not the ball and here you are getting of the topic labeling posters numbnuts
Bozo, that comment wasn't expressly directed at you, mate. I'm sorry I said it in reply to your post. I could have raised it anywhere. What I said was that the post highlighted where our forum mentality as it at the moment, which includes numb-nuttery.

Here's why I said that:

There are people here hell bent on making sure everything spoken about is rosy , positive, and supportive (but on THEIR terms only, and of who they choose). They then vocalise and attack those that dare to critique.

These same people then rip certain other parts of our team apart, as though that's okay? I don't get it Bozo. You're a good fella, I'm sure it is strange to you, as well. Here's some actual examples to back up what I'm saying, so there can be no mistake.

One poster, rips into absolutely everybody and anybody. They come on after a win, and give it to anyone who dared to show voice for concern. They vehemently defend players like Suli and others (their perogative) but then rip directly into posters (name calling, abusing, telling long term fans to get lost, fans like Fluffy and Pittwater Legend and others) Next minute, low and behold, they are posting that Brendan Elliott is ****, and not first grade standard?

Surely you agree that's numb-nuttery, yeah?

Then there are others , who think it's okay to tear shreds off Trent Barrett, Lewis Brown, Brian Kelly, Brad Parker, then absolutely tear into anyone who makes negative comment (or who will critique) anything about Des Hasler, Moses Suli or the current state off affairs.

You see that as blinkered right?

Then you have posters who see me write, Garrick is one of my favorite players, he's played wonderfully for 5 of 6 games, but he had a clunker in 1, then they get personal talking about how negative I am, forgetting that pretty well the whole board agrees he's been absolute gold in all other games. These same people cherry pick posts, forget others to attempt to sway sentiment towards an individual poster.

You get that, I know you do. Therefore, to be fair, don't you think it's probably appropriate to suggest there's some numb-nuttery afloat Bozo?

Be honest. I hope you see my point here.

Bozo, that comment wasn't expressly directed at you, mate. I'm sorry I said it in reply to your post. I could have raised it anywhere. What I said was that the post highlighted where our forum mentality as it at the moment, which includes numb-nuttery.

Here's why I said that:

There are people here hell bent on making sure everything spoken about is rosy , positive, and supportive. They then vocalise and attack those that dare to critique.

These same people then rip certain other parts of our team apart, as though that's okay? I don't get it Bozo. You're a good fella, I'm sure it is strange to you, as well. Here's some actual examples to back up what I'm saying, so there can be no mistake.

One poster, rips into absolutely everybody and anybody. They come on after a win, and give it to anyone who dared to show voice for concern. They vehemently defend players like Suli and others (their perogative) but then rip directly into posters (name calling, abusing, telling long term fans to get lost, fans like Fluffy and Pittwater Legend and others) Next minute, low and behold, they are posting that Brendan Elliott is ****, and not first grade standard?

Surely you agree that's numb-nuttery, yeah?

Then there are others , who think it's okay to tear shreds off Trent Barrett, Lewis Brown, Brian Kelly, Brad Parker, then absolutely tear into anyone who makes negative comment (or who will critique) anything about Des Hasler, Moses Suli or the current state off affairs.

You see that as blinkered right?

Then you have posters who see me write, Garrick is one of my favorite players, he's played wonderfully for 5 of 6 games, but he had a clunker in 1, then they get personal talking about how negative I am, forgetting that pretty well the whole board agrees he's been absolute gold in all other games. These same people cherry pick posts, forget others to attempt to sway sentiment towards an individual poster.

You get that, I know you do. Therefore, to be fair, don't you think it's probably appropriate to suggest there's some numb-nuttery afloat Bozo?

Be honest. I hope you see my point here.

Mate this is what this forum is all about , All of us having the right to say it how we see it and in the right spirit without getting off line and getting personal .

No one agrees with every thing with any one wether it is their mother , partner or forum member and I do not agree with you on Barrett but I agree with you on many other things

No need for headbutting and numbnutting on here .

Fittler is looking reasonably good - so far - as Origin coach. Bellamy was a flat-out failure, if you recall. Steve Turner an Origin player? Please! Couldn’t take the Melbourne glasses off even for three games.

All I know is, Trent Barrett is back in the Shellharbour area (his kids are back at a local primary school, so there’s obviously some degree of permanence about it) - the Dragons don’t seem to be bending over backwards to give him a top-level coaching gig, so I wonder who is? One of the local Group 7 sides?

Point stands, regardless. Sure, there are coaches (and players) who go onto bigger things after City/Country or Allstars. Plenty who don’t, and will forever hang their hat on “I played for/coached *a* rep side” even though it was a Mickey Mouse one.

But Bellamy did only have a few weeks to come up with a plan to defeat a lot of the monsters that HE himself created.

Mate this is what this forum is all about , All of us having the right to say it how we see it and in the right spirit without getting off line and getting personal .

No one agrees with every thing with any one wether it is their mother , partner or forum member and I do not agree with you on Barrett but I agree with you on many other things

No need for headbutting and numbnutting on here .
Fair call, and I agree, but as you can see from the examples, that's not what is happening with a few. You and I are exactly on the same page.

If I'm wrong on a subject or topic, hand up, I'll take it on the chin. People can even laugh at my massive calls like Cuthbertson on the wing hahaha.

But do it all by debating the subject. Not the poster. Especially if your going to rip into current or past players yourself (not you Bozo - others), then slice into anyone that dares critique other parts of the team you like.

That's hypocracy to the extreme.

It offends me seeing people dare to question Fluffies , or Mark from Brisbane's support levels. These guys are true Manly legends. Rip their opinions, with counter opinions, sure, but to question their outlooks as people? No way mate. And I'll always stand up for that - hence my possibly ill directed message to you in that post, which I should have clearly stated was being general, and not about you, I'm sorry mate.

Honest truth? I like Trent Barrett, and I think he got shafted by The Penn's good and hard. I liked Lewis Brown. Much maligned, he gave his all, was a survivor , and an International. I loved Brian Kelly, who's now starting to showcase his wares. Again, I thought his criticism by some (yes, including you) was very unfair.

Not once when people ripped these types of people apart did I attack them. I tried to debunk their argument with stats, facts and solutions. Yet apparently I'm negative? These are the same people who bully anyone who says anything about Suli, but 5 seconds later, tells everyone Elliott is rubbish! Ugh. So frustrating, hence comments mate.

But, we are on the same page. I just wish it would soak.in to others.

Fair call, and I agree, but as you can see from the examples, that's not what is happening with a few. You and I are exactly on the same page.

If I'm wrong on a subject or topic, hand up, I'll take it on the chin. People can even laugh at my massive calls like Cuthbertson on the wing hahaha.

But do it all by debating the subject. Not the poster. Especially if your going to rip into current or past players yourself (not you Bozo - others), then slice into anyone that dares critique other parts of the team you like.

That's hypocracy to the extreme.

It offends me seeing people dare to question Fluffies , or Mark from Brisbane's support levels. These guys are true Manly legends. Rip their opinions, with counter opinions, sure, but to question their outlooks as people? No way mate. And I'll always stand up for that - hence my possibly ill directed message to you in that post, which I should have clearly stated was being general, and not about you, I'm sorry mate.

Honest truth? I like Trent Barrett, and I think he got shafted by The Penn's good and hard. I liked Lewis Brown. Much maligned, he gave his all, was a survivor , and an International. I loved Brian Kelly, who's now starting to showcase his wares. Again, I thought his criticism by some (yes, including you) was very unfair.

Not once when people ripped these types of people apart did I attack them. I tried to debunk their argument with stats, facts and solutions. Yet apparently I'm negative? These are the same people who bully anyone who says anything about Suli, but 5 seconds later, tells everyone Elliott is rubbish! Ugh. So frustrating, hence comments mate.

But, we are on the same page. I just wish it would soak.in to others.
Where exactly are people getting overtly personal/insulting? Specifically, as in the names of the posters who are being mistreated, what’s being posted, and by whom. If @Fluffy wants to make a statement that Des is sh1t, not a Manly man, and has not as yet, improved the side in any way, then surely he is open to reading the responses from other posters who disagree with this point of view. There is a real soft underbelly about this joint at the moment. Try not taking things to heart so much. I mean, who really cares if people agree/disagree with each other, or how many people on here think so and so is a great bloke. The closest thing to abuse which I have read on here of late has come from you mate, offering to meet @brad behind the sheds, @47MVEagle last night, calling people dim witted, hypocritical, negative, numb nutted and the like. If you post a point of view as often as you did in regards to how utterly sh1t we are after two rounds, then surely you must expect that people will point it out to you in return. You posted (again, on several occasions) how the positive people deserve everything coming their way after the Roosters loss, but scream blue bloody murder when it gets mentioned. Mate, I couldn’t give a toss about what your views on the side are, or whether you agree/disagree with any of mine. I made a few outlandish statements the other night while on the p1ss with a mate and he gave it to me with both barrels, later in the evening it was somebody else’s turn. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but they need to be prepared to defend it against a counter view, without screaming about injustice each and every time. Otherwise, it’s just dribbling sh1t from the rooftops with a megaphone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8