Reuben Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There's a problem with "Clunkers"...only noticed when a team loses....there's several EVERY game....
He is generally pretty damn safe from what I've seen ??
If Manly win - there's NO bad talk about Garrick...only the heroics of an under strength Manly team collecting 2 points.....
I thought he went ok and not deserved of singling out after a loss in the last 2 minutes that the officials could easily and rightfully given us a shot at Golden pt....
Time will tell, but I rate the kid as a decent player...not the Hoppa , Turbo game breaker, but a quick outside back who could well feature in many Manly success in coming years.
There were many KEY moments worse than what Garrick produced to decide tonights game.

Agree, still love him as one of my favorites, but I think it's best we all just lavish praise in every player regardless of form and wins / losses.

Better to keep the peace, and just agree with everyone.

3 wins, 3 losses. 50%. Barrett finished 44% with a similar roster (probably worse, given no 5/8), Barrett was the devil spawned

Agree, still love him as one of my favorites, but I think it's best we all just lavish praise in every player regardless of form and wins / losses.

3 wins, 3 losses. 50%. Barrett finished 44% with a similar roster (probably worse, given no 5/8), Barrett was the devil spawned
That's the difference mate - I feel the way the game played out today we lose that game by 20 - 30 last season, yet today....unlucky not to win and be 4 and 2.

We played without the best attacking prop in the game, arguably the best attacking fullback in the game and one of the best attacking centres in the game.

We defended magnificently but just didn’t have the class to put them away. Take 2 plus million out of offence in the salary cap era and thats what you get.

Defend like that and add those three and only the Roosters and Melbourne possibly are out of reach. Great old school game. Enjoyed it immensely.

Reuben is a centre and as such kick returns and receptions aren’t his forte. He’s a good young player and will get a chance in his favoured position down the track and we’ll see the best of him.

The only thing that concerned me tonight is what role JetSki plays. He is all go and full of beans but just has no game awareness . That error late when we were about to finish them was a killer. Seems to be one or two a game unfortunately and many at key times.Still think Kelepi has a lot to offer as an alternative.Waddell is the real deal.

Proud of our lot tonight. Got three day pass for magic round and would love to see us hammer the broncos. Every chance with effort like that.

Last edited:
Once again, I've said he's been great 5 of 6 weeks, did you all miss that?

He had a clunker tonight. He needs to look at this game and improve.

Also, that last take 2.30 odd from finish, he takes that , we win imo.

Also, Tom Trbojevic did cost us in that game @lsz . But his good deeds, outweigh that mistake. Same as Garrick tonight imo.

Then we agree

My only comment is that even when players do not play their best it is pretty tough to attribute a lose to just one of them

[QUOTE="maxta, post: 1135098, member: 2334"he was dominated, was swamped by 3-4 players coming in on a compressed Defensive line that would have sent AFB backwards.
[/QUOTE]
if there was an olympic event for the 10m sprint i think a couple of the dragons players would have to be contenders, geez they were quick getting to us on our own line

[QUOTE="maxta, post: 1135098, member: 2334"he was dominated, was swamped by 3-4 players coming in on a compressed Defensive line that would have sent AFB backwards.
if there was an olympic event for the 10m sprint i think a couple of the dragons players would have to be contenders, geez they were quick getting to us on our own line[/QUOTE]
100%.....was prepared to let that factor slide as played at the Gong...all night got away with this but expected at a home ground, unless playing at Brookvale Oval.....

FMD:swear:

Shall we just sling a rope and hang the bastard @Ryan?

That was a super effort by the boys. Away to a top side without AFB and Turbo.

My problem with this thread is the classic ' need to bitch and blame someone ' mentality.

I for one am really proud of the boys tonight. Both dragon tries came from kicks and the winner on the bell was lucky at best. sure some could have played better, made different decisions but such is life.

Before this match tonight in our last 3 losses to Stmerge we leaked over 130 points. tonight it was 12. Good job lads. good job.

Whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge.

Some people are just incapable of being happy & always have to find something to complain about.

Unbelievable- we were a chance of the wooden spoon last season, now we're either beating, making realistic comebacks against, or losing close matches to, teams seen as top 4 material (Souths, Roosters & Saints) & these people will always see the glass as half empty because of their agendas.

We played without the best attacking prop in the game, arguably the best attacking fullback in the game and one of the best attacking centres in the game.

We defended magnificently but just didn’t have the class to put them away. Take 2 plus million out of offence in the salary cap era and thats what you get.

Defend like that and add those three and only the Roosters and Melbourne possibly are out of reach. Great old school game. Enjoyed it immensely.

Reuben is a centre and as such kick returns and receptions aren’t his forte. He’s a good young player and will get a chance in his favoured position down the track and we’ll see the best of him.

The only thing that concerned me tonight is what role JetSki plays. He is all go and full of beans but just has no game awareness . That error late when we were about to finish them was a killer. Seems to be one or two a game unfortunately and many at key times.Still think Kelepi has a lot to offer as an alternative.Waddell is the real deal.

Proud of our lot tonight. Got three day pass for magic round and would love to see us hammer the broncos. Every chance with effort like that.
Well said Sue

you are a very sad little man

More focus on the poster, and less on what the forum or debate is about - Football. Is this all your life is @Zimbalist ? Attacking Manly fans? Mate, do you need help?

@47MVEagle I understand your sentiment. BUT, there are many elements of that game we could have done better at.
MUCH better. Des will work it. He won't be happy, that's for sure. We can't be happy with 13th, because we came 15th. 2017, we also came 6th - under Barrett

Last edited:
Then we agree

My only comment is that even when players do not play their best it is pretty tough to attribute a lose to just one of them

UNless you can say, like Tommy in that past game, against The Panthers, and the year before against The Dogs, he catch that, we win that game.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz

Agree re Jack. He is all effort but he does need to cut errors out of his game. One thing he does bring is a bit of mongrel...he doesn’t like being held down eh!

Barrett had a fit Tom for most of 2018, along with Dylan Walker. The losses that made up Barrett’s 56% loss rate were in many cases blow outs, where our resolve in defence was lacking (even in 2017 where he had some success with a finals spot).

I never saw the hurt in the playing group that was evident last night, whilst Barrett was in charge.

With about 3 minutes to go we shouldn't have even been at that end of the field with we gave them great field position by ****ing up the last tackle kick with about 3 minutes to go. We get that kick right and the result would probably have been different.

Last edited:

I’m really tired of the TB references and excuses. No sure why there are angry posters at the moment when our side is playing better than it has for years. We competed well last night without Turbo, AFB and Walker. There is no pleasing some people.

I’m really tired of the TB references and excuses. No sure why there are angry posters at the moment when our side is playing better than it has for years. We competed well last night without Turbo, AFB and Walker. There is no pleasing some people.
Some ppl got an axe to grind, and come hell or high water, that f@ckers getting ground
I was shocked by the negativity on here last night,after that gutsy loss.

I remember at the beginning of the year stating that this team was a top 8 roster team all day every day .... and with any luck with injuries and with Des and his team in charge .... we would be there at the end of the year ...

Of course ..... I got howled down by the resident heavyweight Punchie champion ... who ..... in a 4 paragraph essay, pontificated that our roster was a bottom 4 embarassment left us by Barrett ... and that it would take Dessie 3 years to rebuild ......

Now of course ... the loudest voice championing our roster is same sad numbnut ..... consistency ... I guess ... is over-rated ....

On the other hand ... take @Ryan ... I don't always agree with him .. in fact often fight with him ..... but I will give him one thing .. he is consistent .. and he calls it as he sees it. ..... and that puts him miles ahead of the dimwit that told me I was a fool for saying that if Klemmer came to Manly he would be on the bench because AFB would start .... Now said dimwit is proclaiming to all who will listen that AFB is the greatest attaking prop in the world ...... FMD .....

Give me a consistent Ryan over the hindsight experts any day ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6