Reuben Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gee this guy has improved. In fact I think he is now better suited to FB than winger. His next contract will be interesting as he is going better than a few other fullbacks out there and he is a goalkicker and currently the leading pointscorer this year (after a stellar year last year).

I thought he had an average 2020 but was great last year. But this year he is next level almost makes you think could turbo play in the centers. I said almost.

I know he got banged up last night but the one thing about rubes that's has been concerning this year is his goal kicking and it has cost us wins against parra and the cows.

Granted we make it hard for him scoring out wide a lot but we need him back kicking in the mid 80s
Just on goalkicking - haven't watched much of him but Val Holmes smashes them straight over the black dot from anywhere. Has he always been that good?

If Manly can get a week or 2 into the finals Garrick will be a chance for Kangaroo selection. Especially if we go further than the Chooks, who have a few contenders. And if any more top fullbacks are rubbed out through injury he'll be a very strong chance. I think Meninga chose him a year or two ago for some end of year reps sides so he is already on the radar.

Of all the improving players Garrick is a standout. How he's not being considered for SOO somewhere amazes me. He and Croker have been two who have gone from strength to strength at Manly
The Origin thing is a funny one...players seem to be picked on a criteria as opposed to any club form. Garrick has been in better form than most wingers for two years now, but when you put form aside and objectify his skill set, he loses out to a guy like Joseph Suaalii, who’s played a handful of FG games.

To’o is the best yardage winger in the game. Tupou is great under the high ball. Adds-Carr is lightening quick and enthusiastic, etc. Garrick is not better than the aforementioned at each of their strengths, but collectively in all areas, he is arguably a more valuable player. He’s faster than Tupou, a bigger and better yardage carrier than Addo-Carr, and better at defusing kicks than To’o. On average, he is the sum of all parts that amounts to greater value.

Thus, it could be his lack of any one superior skill over all others, that sees him slip under the radar. I wouldn’t swap him for any of the other wingers in the NRL.

The Origin thing is a funny one...players seem to be picked on a criteria as opposed to any club form. Garrick has been in better form than most wingers for two years now, but when you put form aside and objectify his skill set, he loses out to a guy like Joseph Suaalii, who’s played a handful of FG games.

To’o is the best yardage winger in the game. Tupou is great under the high ball. Adds-Carr is lightening quick and enthusiastic, etc. Garrick is not better than the aforementioned at each of their strengths, but collectively in all areas, he is arguably a more valuable player. He’s faster than Tupou, a bigger and better yardage carrier than Addo-Carr, and better at defusing kicks than To’o. On average, he is the sum of all parts that amounts to greater value.

Thus, it could be his lack of any one superior skill over all others, that sees him slip under the radar. I wouldn’t swap him for any of the other wingers in the NRL.
Ruben of all trades. There is barely any skill in the game that he isn't at least a 7/10 at. Was forced to put up a bomb against the Knights and struck it beautifully.

Sandwich is the perfect club player. He is well above average as a fullback and winger, and could no doubt handle centre and 5/8. He isn't regarded by State and Australian selectors highly enough to make representative teams so he is always available to play for Manly. He is rarely injured. He's exactly what our club needs.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8