Rest in Peace thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DMX had a very, very colourful life. Not all of it good.
15 kids and about the same stints in prison.
Wonder if it's hot?

Ever seen the actuall family tree? Inbreeding to the point of creepy.
Saw a picture of most of the European royals gathered somewhere in Denmark in the early 1900 's . Some of the facial similarities of the male monarchs was uncanny , Just the way of the world back then no doubt . Sad that the resident monarchs of England , Germany [ Prussia ] and Russia were all i st cousins at the time and apparently did try to stop an all out war between some of the major European countries but were largely ignored by their military hierarchies at the time . Guess that the Royal powers at the time were no match for state rivalries and military power plays unfortunately .

Saw a picture of most of the European royals gathered somewhere in Denmark in the early 1900 's . Some of the facial similarities of the male monarchs was uncanny , Just the way of the world back then no doubt . Sad that the resident monarchs of England , Germany [ Prussia ] and Russia were all i st cousins at the time and apparently did try to stop an all out war between some of the major European countries but were largely ignored by their military hierarchies at the time . Guess that the Royal powers at the time were no match for state rivalries and military power plays unfortunately .
Good points, but even back then it was enterprise / private business that was a big factor, and also the church in rome playing both sides.

Good points, but even back then it was enterprise / private business that was a big factor, and also the church in rome playing both sides.
No doubt a heap of factors at play , don 't know much about the Vatican "s role in W W 1 but some of it":s conduct in the second world war was pretty sus . Austrian - Hungarian empire was causing a lot of pre war friction prior to W W 1 and some of the treaties seemed a bit counterproductive as well . Yet Italy and Japan were allies against the so called central European powers in the i st world war and 20 years latter , enemies , Weird world sometimes

No doubt a heap of factors at play , don 't know much about the Vatican "s role in W W 1 but some of it":s conduct in the second world war was pretty sus . Austrian - Hungarian empire was causing a lot of pre war friction prior to W W 1 and some of the treaties seemed a bit counterproductive as well . Yet Italy and Japan were allies against the so called central European powers in the i st world war and 20 years latter , enemies , Weird world sometimes
And in WW2 we were on the same side as China and Russia. Albeit because it suited us and more about mutual enemies i guess but now we must fear them.

And in WW2 we were on the same side as China and Russia. Albeit because it suited us and more about mutual enemies i guess but now we must fear them.
Not too sure about fear, definitely some caution and self determination considerations . , A whole lot less fear mongering probably wouldn "t go astray either

Not a monarchist by any stretch of the imagination but those shots of the Queen sitting alone at Phillips funeral were quite sad to me. Just bad timing because of Covid restrictons, but he probably deserved a slightly more celebratory send off.

Charles Grodin, the droll, offbeat actor and writer who scored as a caddish newlywed in The Heartbreak Kid and later had roles ranging from Robert De Niro’s counterpart in the comic thriller Midnight Run to the bedeviled father in the Beethoven comedies, has died. He was 86.

Grodin died Tuesday in Wilton, Connecticut, from bone marrow cancer, his son, Nicholas Grodin, said.

:(

Desmond became the first woman to win a Gold Logie, for her variety show “The Lorrae Desmond Show”, in 1962.

But she was best known for playing Shirley in the long-running A Country Practice, appearing in more than 800 episodes in the 1980s and early 90s.

Desmond was born in the New South Wales town of Mittagong and her writing and performing career spanned more than half a century.

Gavin MacLeod, the veteran supporting actor who achieved stardom as Murray Slaughter, the sardonic TV news writer on The Mary Tyler Moore Show, before going on to even bigger fame as the cheerful Capt. Stubing on The Love Boat, has died. He was 90.

MacLeod died early Saturday, his nephew, Mark See, told Variety. MacLeod's health had been poor recently but no cause of death was given, the trade publication reported.

iu

Gavin MacLeod, the veteran supporting actor who achieved stardom as Murray Slaughter, the sardonic TV news writer on The Mary Tyler Moore Show, before going on to even bigger fame as the cheerful Capt. Stubing on The Love Boat, has died. He was 90.

MacLeod died early Saturday, his nephew, Mark See, told Variety. MacLeod's health had been poor recently but no cause of death was given, the trade publication reported.

iu
My old mans pretty quick to text me celeb deaths.(He’s a wireless talk back freak).
For the first time yesterday he texted me that Clint Eastwood turned 91 the other day...and he’s ALIVE! lol. (My old man has a striking resemblance in appearance to Clint, but he hates it when I call him Clint) I say to him, it is the alter-mate complement, there is no praise higher for an old bloke I reckon.

My old mans pretty quick to text me celeb deaths.(He’s a wireless talk back freak).
For the first time yesterday he texted me that Clint Eastwood turned 91 the other day...and he’s ALIVE! lol. (My old man has a striking resemblance in appearance to Clint, but he hates it when I call him Clint) I say to him, it is the alter-mate complement, there is no praise higher for an old bloke I reckon.

So your Dad is Wayne Bennett! (as they get compared a fair bit) lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4