Rest in Peace thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Comedian Sean Lock has died from cancer at the age of 58, his agent has confirmed.

A comedy panel show favourite, Lock was a team captain on the series 8 Out of 10 Cats, hosted by Jimmy Carr.

He also appeared on QI, The Last Leg, Have I Got News for You, and The Big Fat Quiz of the Year.

Paying tribute, comedian Bill Bailey said: "It's heartbreaking to lose my dearest friend Sean Lock, he was a true original, a wonderful comic."

Jon Richardson, who appeared opposite Lock as a fellow team captain on 8 Out of 10 Cats, tweeted: "I idolised Sean as a comic long before I became a comedian myself and 10 years working alongside him didn't diminish that in the least. An incredible comic brain and a truly unique voice."

:(

Comedian Sean Lock has died from cancer at the age of 58, his agent has confirmed.

A comedy panel show favourite, Lock was a team captain on the series 8 Out of 10 Cats, hosted by Jimmy Carr.

He also appeared on QI, The Last Leg, Have I Got News for You, and The Big Fat Quiz of the Year.

Paying tribute, comedian Bill Bailey said: "It's heartbreaking to lose my dearest friend Sean Lock, he was a true original, a wonderful comic."

Jon Richardson, who appeared opposite Lock as a fellow team captain on 8 Out of 10 Cats, tweeted: "I idolised Sean as a comic long before I became a comedian myself and 10 years working alongside him didn't diminish that in the least. An incredible comic brain and a truly unique voice."

:(
Saw this earlier, was quite shocked. He was a seriously funny guy.

I always found this hilarious

Last edited:
Don Everly, one half of the rock’n’roll duo the Everly Brothers, has died at his home in Nashville at the age of 84.

A spokesperson for the family confirmed Everly’s death with the Los Angeles Times, but did not disclose a cause.

A statement from the family said: “Don lived by what he felt in his heart. Don expressed his appreciation for the ability to live his dreams … with his soulmate and wife, Adela, and sharing the music that made him an Everly Brother.”

Don Everly, one half of the rock’n’roll duo the Everly Brothers, has died at his home in Nashville at the age of 84.

A spokesperson for the family confirmed Everly’s death with the Los Angeles Times, but did not disclose a cause.

A statement from the family said: “Don lived by what he felt in his heart. Don expressed his appreciation for the ability to live his dreams … with his soulmate and wife, Adela, and sharing the music that made him an Everly Brother.”

Very sad. I knew their music as a kid, because my old man was a huge fan. But not as much as my Uncle Ray. His parties were great, because you knew once the Everly Brothers came on, the party had kicked up a gear. What that meant for me and my cousins was it’s hit the streets for a bit of knock and run fun, cause the adults were having to much fun.
Sadly my Uncle Ray is doing it tough in palliative care down in Wollongong with lung cancer. I sent him a text today, just reminding him of this time in the 70’s, and how much fun the Everly brothers gave to us kids, as well as him.

Awww...

Not Ed Asner too. :(

Ed Asner, the burly and prolific character actor who became a star in middle age as the gruff but lovable newsman Lou Grant, first in the hit comedy The Mary Tyler Moore Show and later in the drama Lou Grant, has died. He was 91.

Asner's representative confirmed the actor's death in an email to The Associated Press. Asner's official Twitter account included a note from his children: "We are sorry to say that our beloved patriarch passed away this morning peacefully. Words cannot express the sadness we feel. With a kiss on your head- Goodnight dad. We love you."

Norm Macdonald, the deadpan comedian, actor, writer and “Saturday Night Live” star, has died after a battle with cancer, Variety has confirmed. He was 61.

Macdonald privately battled the disease for almost a decade. “Norm was an original! He defined American humor with honesty and blunt force,” Jeff Danis, president of DPN Talent and one of Macdonald’s reps, told Variety in a statement.

Norm Macdonald, the deadpan comedian, actor, writer and “Saturday Night Live” star, has died after a battle with cancer, Variety has confirmed. He was 61.

Macdonald privately battled the disease for almost a decade. “Norm was an original! He defined American humor with honesty and blunt force,” Jeff Danis, president of DPN Talent and one of Macdonald’s reps, told Variety in a statement.
Oh not Norm. One of my favourites, and was known to be the comics comic on bus tours, where’d they’d have several comedians perform. Off to YT to pay my respects.

John Elliott dies

Former Carlton Blues boss and federal president of the Liberal Party John Elliott has died 10 days before his 80th birthday.

The news was first confirmed by his son, 3AW radio host Tom Elliott, on Thursday night.

"It is with great sadness that we announce the death of John Dorman Elliott," he said.

"He died Thursday evening at the Epworth Hospital in Richmond after a short illness.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4