Referees have ruined the game. Absolute disgrace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Clearly complete but I’m sure sone around here will say that was Melb just dominating us again like they did all night. Seriously go watch the game again anyone like I just did. We shot ourselves in the foot with errors for sure and still competed. We play even half better than we did and we win this game.
Likewise, Tom was lying on his back holding the ball tightly, tackle complete, how the ref allowed this is beyond me.

Thought the DCE obstruction call was a huge momentum killer for us. Have seen lots of these sort of passive obstruction plays let go.
Another one of those strange calls, technically correct but again no feel by the refs in the context of play.

Riddle me this.
Why is it when a player realises he’s run behind his teammate but then stops and gives himself up, why is it okay?
Still technically a shepherd so….?

Hey, for us really dumb people , could we really stop using acronyms for players so I can actually understand who your talking about. I am not the better for your comment even given the possible sense you are making?

But...but... but... it's the Australian way, President pizza! (see...supreme a type of pizza, president - a type of leader)

n-e-way...

Shoe = Schuster
Lawman = Lawton
Sir-loin = Sironen
Walker = walker (lol)

AFAIK

We just gave the ball away too many times. Storm didn't win the game. We lost it. Not the ref. It was us.
Next time we will win. We won't make the same mistakes. We were too excited. and impatient.
We will beat the Storm next time.
Bellamy knows Manly is the one with the X factor now, as we speak Des is slowly formulating a plan to break down our eternal enemy piece by piece. We've been down this road before, it's virtually going to be trench warfare now with this mob. We will bring our inner Mattai like we did in 2008 and 2011, so looking forward to the weeks ahead.

Riddle me this.
Why is it when a player realises he’s run behind his teammate but then stops and gives himself up, why is it okay?
And when they stop to avoid giving away a penalty, why aren't they penalised anyway for a voluntary tackle? Same as fullbacks fielding bombs then lying down to avoid getting pushed back to the in-goal? I suppose there is no such thing any more as a voluntary tackle!
(Sorry I know it's absurd to try to make sense out of the rules of the game, especially in these, um, 'agile' times)

Another one of those strange calls, technically correct but again no feel by the refs in the context of play.

Riddle me this.
Yeah...have thought about this also, this really needs to be more clarified for mine.

Likewise, Tom was lying on his back holding the ball tightly, tackle complete, how the ref allowed this is beyond me.
Not only that the ball carrying arm hit the ground. If he had tried to score a try at the other end from that it would have been a double movement. That was pretty much the point at which I knew we were no chance

Yeah...have thought about this also, this really needs to be more clarified for mine.
Because he hasn't gained an advantage. The rule has that as a trailing context, runs behind player and gains an advantage. If you stop and drop to the ground you haven't gained an advantage

Bellamy knows Manly is the one with the X factor now, as we speak Des is slowly formulating a plan to break down our eternal enemy piece by piece. We've been down this road before, it's virtually going to be trench warfare now with this mob. We will bring our inner Mattai like we did in 2008 and 2011, so looking forward to the weeks ahead.
I like the story Matty Johns tells, after we lost to melbourne before the 2008 finals series, he walked past a pub and saw wolfman etc in there and they called him in for a beer, they were all confidence, and when he mentioned Melbourne, they said something along the lines of "No, we wont lose to them again, we know how to beat them now"

And, well we beat them

Because he hasn't gained an advantage. The rule has that as a trailing context, runs behind player and gains an advantage. If you stop and drop to the ground you haven't gained an advantage
Well you have gained the advantage of being able to retain the ball after playing behind your own man, which is technically an obstruction and should result in a penalty, however no advantage seems to nullify the obstruction, time to hire the best legal counsel.
Also at what point via the rules is it considered an advantage? It’s speculative and open to the advantage of the referees.

I hate the term defence obstructed. When a player is getting pushed into touch or in goal and 2 of his team mates push him back, get in the way of defenders and grapple with them , how is this not defence obstructed. Get out of there with your mini attacking wedge .

Some wishy washy runaround and oh my god ,

Remember though the best way to tinker with the product is for no one to really understand the rules except the powers that be. 20 years ago every decent fan knew every rule in the book, now its WTF Footy and more like a tech company

Referee error means we are no longer running the correct software and thats the fans fault.
Where can i get a copy of software ? You current system doesnt support it .
Can i have a hard copy ? As we are under system maintenenece that is currently offline . Updates are random and spasmodic and will supercede the printed copy in 5,4,3,2,1.

The NRL needs to go back to move forward but that only suits the fans . We have moved to this system due to TV and in particular 9 . The game is a worthy product and would be stronger now if execs hadnt sold it out .

Well you have gained the advantage of being able to retain the ball after playing behind your own man, which is technically an obstruction and should result in a penalty, however no advantage seems to nullify the obstruction, time to hire the best legal counsel.
Also at what point via the rules is it considered an advantage? It’s speculative and open to the advantage of the referees.
I believe advantage is defined in the glossary. However generally making a territorial gain is considered advantage, which is usually why the player with the ball when sprung takes a step back and drops to the ground

I like the story Matty Johns tells, after we lost to melbourne before the 2008 finals series, he walked past a pub and saw wolfman etc in there and they called him in for a beer, they were all confidence, and when he mentioned Melbourne, they said something along the lines of "No, we wont lose to them again, we know how to beat them now"

And, well we beat them

And, well we beat them
That was our golden period, as fans we were spoiled and blessed with a side everyone feared. lots of good junior talent coming through now. We are now building nicely for the years ahead.

Trial by video has changed the spirit of rugby league from a free-flowing spectacle to a CSI episode. The reviewing of incidents in minute detail in order to get what NRL law-makers expect to be 100% correct rulings is laughable. That's because they only review incidents within one play of a potential try being scored. Two plays earlier there could have been a howler let go and yet there is no review of it. If you want perfection either review every second of action or play a video game.
I hate the amount of time wasted in deciding if a player 'bobbled' the ball, played the ball slightly awkwardly, or the ball brushed a player's pinky finger etc. My eyes have been telling me what I saw since I started watching RL 60 years ago and I accept what I saw without some Vidiot interpreting them differently -- and biasedly.
And now we have players feigning 'Crusher' tackles, falling over in faux-obstruction incidents, lying down when they think they have been hit high, and players throwing their hands in the air and calling foul in order to gain a penalty. There is more bad acting and mock outrage in an NRL match these days than an episode of Bold and the Beautiful.
It's such a pity that the better team doesn't always win the match these days, and that the most influential persons in a result never touch the ball, score a try or make a tackle.

I hate the term defence obstructed. When a player is getting pushed into touch or in goal and 2 of his team mates push him back, get in the way of defenders and grapple with them , how is this not defence obstructed. Get out of there with your mini attacking wedge .

Some wishy washy runaround and oh my god ,

Remember though the best way to tinker with the product is for no one to really understand the rules except the powers that be. 20 years ago every decent fan knew every rule in the book, now its WTF Footy and more like a tech company

Referee error means we are no longer running the correct software and thats the fans fault.
Where can i get a copy of software ? You current system doesnt support it .
Can i have a hard copy ? As we are under system maintenenece that is currently offline . Updates are random and spasmodic and will supercede the printed copy in 5,4,3,2,1.

The NRL needs to go back to move forward but that only suits the fans . We have moved to this system due to TV and in particular 9 . The game is a worthy product and would be stronger now if execs hadnt sold it out .
Yesterday I tried to find the current rules of NRL (its lockdown, OK??) but all I could find was one dated 2017! A lot has changed since then.
Maybe its there and I'm just too dumb to find it.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10