Referees have ruined the game. Absolute disgrace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Not one 50/50 went our way. How was Aloioi's mistake a knock on ?? Ruben went ok but shish he can't grab a bouncing ball FFS. How many restarts did they get? They were laying a 'll over us but nothing our way. We can absolutely beat these bastards with some 50/50 calls. The Shu was every average tonight too.
Yeah agree regarding Schuster, he seems to be slow and overweight. Had a bad missed tackle for a Storm try late. He doesn't really get in and do the hard tough straight run when we need it. I wouldn't swap him for anyone but he does need to put on a bit of muscle and lose his baby fat!

Wish we had the dogs next week. We need an opponent that you can really lay the boot into and the referees just don't care
Oh yeah. No doubt scumatta will get legged up next week as sh*t as they are.

Cherry needs to speak up and get in the refs heads. The amount of time they step off the mark, And draw six agains for markers not square or off side penalties is a joke, it’s coaching to cheat and inept referring not calling it. Then you have the forward passes, it makes such a difference controlling the advantage line and storm do it by cheating and not getting called.

It should be a penalty (like it used to be)for stepping off the mark or deliberate forward passes

The refereeing was one-sided but we were on top when Tent got hurt and that seemed to change the momentum of the match.
The slippery conditions didn't help us. It's a pity all the big matches are played at night; it affects handling and to beat the Storm you have to have at least 50% of possession. We has 43%.

I though Melbourne were allowed to play their game and officials are used to them winning, so will always win those 50/50 calls
Great performance against the odds and what Pi..Ed me of more than the penalty and 6 again calls was the fact they got away with being 3 metres offside almost every tackle....really hope they are held closer to 10m in the finals or will be impossible to beat

I really try not to bag the refs all the time but several times this year by Christ its been hard. We've copped heaps this year in a few games.

That said...if we dont make some basic and horrendous errors we win this. Against the odds and against the benchmark team... there's a lot to like out of tonight.

There was 3 costly errors from our boys tonight Tommy Rubin's and Joshys they scored 2tries from 2of them but at the end of the day we can get them down the track hopefully next time we aren't playing 14 of them cause that ref was discraceful and it's not the first time he's stewed us over this year it's not Greg Hartley's Son is it

We might of lost but really what a job dessies dun with this side go U mighty eagles proud as hell of this bunch of boys if it was another team tonight Melbourne would of put 40, on them this side we have can go all the way I've been a manly man sunset I was 5 years old and watched a thousand watched manly all my life and what they have achieved this season is remarkable and keep hateing us cause we like it like that manly Melbourne grand final this year and it will be our boys who come out on top they got us twice in 2008 and remember what happened in the big dance 5050ball tonight and even with our mistakes it would of been a different result cheating ref or not

There was 3 costly errors from our boys tonight Tommy Rubin's and Joshys they scored 2tries from 2of them but at the end of the day we can get them down the track hopefully next time we aren't playing 14 of them cause that ref was discraceful and it's not the first time he's stewed us over this year it's not Greg Hartley's Son is it

Just on the Josh Aloiai drop from the re-start, there weren't too many replays on Fox but the ones I saw didn't look like the ball had travelled forward. Wondering why we didn't challenge that one. Sometimes I think a team should challenge if only for a chance for a mental "reset" - even if you're not 100% sure and you lose the challenge, it's worth a shot. As it is, we didn't use a captain's challenge all game.

Last edited:
You forgot Crokers on the first which led to their first try.

How was Addo-Carr able to strip the ball from Turbo right at the start of the game? He was lying flat on his back not moving, I thought as soon as he is touched the tackle is complete, but Storm was allowed to wrestle the ball from him?
Clearly complete but I’m sure sone around here will say that was Melb just dominating us again like they did all night. Seriously go watch the game again anyone like I just did. We shot ourselves in the foot with errors for sure and still competed. We play even half better than we did and we win this game.

Just on the Josh Aloiai drop from the re-start, there weren't too many replys on Fox but the ones I saw didn't look like the ball had travelled forward. Wondering why we didn't challenge that one. Sometimes I think a team should challenge if only for a chance for a mental "reset" - even if you're not 100% sure and you lose the challenge, it's worth a shot. As it is, we didn't use a captain's challenge all game.
I thought the same live but none of our guys questioned it really so that kind of gave it away.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10