Referees have ruined the game. Absolute disgrace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
the story Matty Johns tells, after we lost to melbourne before the 2008 finals series, he walked past a pub and saw wolfman etc in there
Yeah, Take that yarn with a pinch of salt mate, I have heard both versions of Matt Johns yarn one version has him wandering past the Harbord Hilton, the other has him wondering past the Steyne. I lived in Oliver Street for years and can't for the life of me think why you would be just wandering past the "Hilton", and "just passing the Steyne on spec",I smell a rat.

Yesterday I tried to find the current rules of NRL (its lockdown, OK??) but all I could find was one dated 2017! A lot has changed since then.
Maybe its there and I'm just too dumb to find it.
Pretty sure your not the first one. I reckon a few posters have emailed the nrl and they would only answer specific situations as opposed to here are the rules, knock yourself out.

Ive looked before and had no luck .

Glad we dont have to buy a rule book. That would be harder to keep current than team jerseys

Pretty sure your not the first one. I reckon a few posters have emailed the nrl and they would only answer specific situations as opposed to here are the rules, knock yourself out.

Ive looked before and had no luck .

Glad we dont have to buy a rule book. That would be harder to keep current than team jerseys
Yes 2017 is the latest version on the net but what constitutes a tackle being completed hasn't changed since then.
A player lying on the ground is deemed to be tackled when a defender places a hand on them. Covers Turbo being stripped of the ball.
If an attaker becomes involved in stopping a player being forced backwards the referee should call held. Covers when Saab tried to stop Harper being pushed into touch.
These are basic rules that a ref should know. The question is why weren't they applied.

Trial by video has changed the spirit of rugby league from a free-flowing spectacle to a CSI episode. The reviewing of incidents in minute detail in order to get what NRL law-makers expect to be 100% correct rulings is laughable. That's because they only review incidents within one play of a potential try being scored. Two plays earlier there could have been a howler let go and yet there is no review of it. If you want perfection either review every second of action or play a video game.
It's such a pity that the better team doesn't always win the match these days, and that the most influential persons in a result never touch the ball, score a try or make a tackle.

Spot on @The Who.

If anyone could be bothered have a quick look at this game.

8 minutes into the 2nd half (7.50 on the vid), Warriors on the attack 10m from Tigers line.
Bunty Afoa goes through the line and crashes into Liddle heavily, Afoa initiates the contact - he was never getting the ball and made no attempt to avoid the contact.
Liddle hits the deck, ( commentator Smith even briefly mentions it in passing ), gets up scrambles back to take his defensive spot the goal line and Afoa runs straight at him and scores.

Cummins was right there next to the play, no questions asked - a 400 game referee!
Does the bunker look at it? FIIK?
Why not a penalty to the Tigers instead of conceding six points in a game they ultimately lost by two?

When you see something like this let go because it didn't lead directly to a try but others pulled up for the minutest bump is why we lose faith in the product.

Does anyone else see this play differently to me?
I put this as an example to see without our Manly goggles on.

Last edited:
Not only that the ball carrying arm hit the ground. If he had tried to score a try at the other end from that it would have been a double movement. That was pretty much the point at which I knew we were no chance
Annesley's weekly review - Said it should have been a penalty. Both ref and touchies would not have seen Tom's arm touch the ground from the angles they were at. Storm didn't score from that set so no real harm done (apart from us getting a penalty and starting our set at halfway instead of defending our line ). None of the journo's asked and he didn't raise why the bunker could not have overruled on having a look at it like they do on other things in the game.

Annesley's weekly review - Said it should have been a penalty. Both ref and touchies would not have seen Tom's arm touch the ground from the angles they were at. Storm didn't score from that set so no real harm done (apart from us getting a penalty and starting our set at halfway instead of defending our line ). None of the journo's asked and he didn't raise why the bunker could not have overruled on having a look at it like they do on other things in the game.
Typically that is the only one he responds to

Typically that is the only one he responds to
Yes, the only two he wanted to 'bring up this week" were the
JAC ball strip on Turbo - which he said was wrong
Bradman Best holding back Isaako from Pong'a kick that the bunker said was fine but guess what? - whilst he didn't straight out say it was wrong, it was....wrong!

Yes, the only two he wanted to 'bring up this week" were the
JAC ball strip on Turbo - which he said was wrong
Bradman Best holding back Isaako from Pong'a kick that the bunker said was fine but guess what? - whilst he didn't straight out say it was wrong, it was....wrong!

I hate the way he mansplains without actually explaining it

There was an earlier game this weekend when the opposition striped the ball when the player was on the ground . Ref said "no the tackles complete".
Think it was late in the Parra game.
Bloody inconsistencies !.

Why don’t we have consistency in refereeing? There is no excuse and the only explanation is a complete lack of leadership and control. Who is really in charge of this circus?

Why don’t we have consistency in refereeing? There is no excuse and the only explanation is a complete lack of leadership and control. Who is really in charge of this circus?
clown GIF by Team Coco

With the bunker watching every thing and in the refs ear, there is no excuse for missing stuff. Just useless farkers that should be sacked. No use in Annasly saying they got something wrong. Get it right at the time. Can't be that hard when thousands of fans can respond on forums and Reddit within 5 seconds that it's a bad call.

With the bunker watching every thing and in the refs ear, there is no excuse for missing stuff. Just useless farkers that should be sacked. No use in Annasly saying they got something wrong. Get it right at the time. Can't be that hard when thousands of fans can respond on forums and Reddit within 5 seconds that it's a bad call.
So you may think it strange to reply to this after a huge win but it doesn’t change the facts.

Why does a slap in the head last night draw a (match winning ) penalty but a slap in the head tonight not? ( Garricks 1st try)

How does Sivo tackle Saab in the air in a tryscoring situation not even get looked at when other harmless, accidental bumps draw penalties?

So you may think it strange to reply to this after a huge win but it doesn’t change the facts.

Why does a slap in the head last night draw a (match winning ) penalty but a slap in the head tonight not? ( Garricks 1st try)

How does Sivo tackle Saab in the air in a tryscoring situation not even get looked at when other harmless, accidental bumps draw penalties?
Sivo swinging arm hit Turbo in the head with force. Crusher tackle on Schuster, Sivo tackled Saab in the air, Moses hits Garrick in the face, Manly penalty overturned because of a "late shot" by Walker on Moses... You get the picture.

And what about the late 6 again counts.. refs did everything to keep the squeel's season alive. We were just too good and the slime kept slipping....out of the top 4

NRL boss Peter V’landys has reaffirmed the code will review the match review and judicial process amid fears the shoulder charge is back and the charge down is dead.

“I’m not reacting to the current matters or saying this in light of any issues, but like any good organisation would, we’ll review our processes at the end of this season,’’ V’landys said.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10