Realistically is 2019 a Top 8 Shot ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Look see where your coming from m8. That said jack goewiski been drunk for about 10 days going off his social media account he just as bad

Agree. I know I highlight some, but it's the whole team. Partying is one thing, but our boys are chaotic.

Sorry mate, you're off there, surely.

My brother died being irresponsible on a motorcycle.

So yes, phone in hand, while riding & filming yourself, watching the camera and laughing / talking (while in motion) down a main street is being irresponsible, football player or not.
Just because they throw a football to each other, doesn't make them above the law, nor does it allow them to put others/themselves in danger.

Then, they are in a position of celebrity, in the community. They chose the profession, they need to set the example, sorry.

I ride motorbikes myself so I know the dangers first hand (and I'm sorry you lost your brother in a motorbike accident). But in all reality, they have as much chance being killed or seriously injured by a drunk driver in Narrabeen late on a Wednesday night as they have of doing that while riding bikes on the Gold Coast for a bit of fun.

You can't stop people living their lives. Hell, Harold Holt went for a simple swim at the beach and was never seen again. And his position in life as the then Prime Minister of Australia was a tad more important in the scheme of things than being a professional footballer (his job was more important, not his life).

And TBH I doubt they would have been riding around with their phones in hand which is 100% illegal. They probably had something like a GoPro camera attached to their helmets.

Last edited:
Top 4 cmon mate we came 2nd last and now we have both centers out or gone! We will be lucky to make the 8 under these circumstances. Yes barrett was a crap coach but now with walker possibly getting sacked or at least be out for a few months we are in big trouble little China my friend. Lets hope Dessy boy can conjure something

How many times have you seen a team worthy of almost winning a spoon obliterate Melbourne IN MELBOURNE

Wake up and smell the roses, we had the attack to get into a shootout but our defense was abhorrent

This will not happen under Hasler, not no way not no how

It would be interesting to see when the two remaining main squad positions at Manly will be added to and whether there is an inclination right now to maybe add a couple of outside recruits or from the development squad eventually . Then there is still the unresolved Walker issue . Again quite a lot of potential in the players from the present rooster that have not played much or any i st grade so naturally also some tempered confidence will probably have to be the main outlook in terms of all of the rookies being able to successfully make the step up . Maybe guys like Jetski and even Perrett can do better next season [ Perrett should be expected with the coin that he is on , but no guarantees ] The one positive again is that all of the rookies have plenty of natural ability , whether they can all produce when it really matters is of course another matter. Would have to have some reasonable confidence that Albert Hoppa [ when he is eligible ] and Cory Waddell should be able to do quite well if they receive the call up .

Top 4 cmon mate we came 2nd last and now we have both centers out or gone! We will be lucky to make the 8 under these circumstances. Yes barrett was a crap coach but now with walker possibly getting sacked or at least be out for a few months we are in big trouble little China my friend. Lets hope Dessy boy can conjure something
Ahh finally someone brings out the reality stick.

How many times have you seen a team worthy of almost winning a spoon obliterate Melbourne IN MELBOURNE

Wake up and smell the roses, we had the attack to get into a shootout but our defense was abhorrent

This will not happen under Hasler, not no way not no how
Ok then who in your mind is going to play in the centers? Because if we had walker and even kelly who was the worst defenders and just a stupid player maybe but we have neither so....
Our backline will be the following
1. Tom
2. Taufua
3. Suli
4. Parker
5. Elliot

Other contenders
Garrick
Anderson
Tevita
Hoppa

We are in BIG trouble thanks to walker the wanker. I was really looking forward to next season now its going to be **** house. Unless des can conjure something but i doubt it.

Ok then who in your mind is going to play in the centers? Because if we had walker and even kelly who was the worst defenders and just a stupid player maybe but we have neither so....
1. Tom
2. Taufua
3. Suli
4. Parker
5. Elliot

Other contenders
Garrick
Anderson
Tevita
Hoppa

We are in BIG trouble thanks to walker the wanker. I was really looking forward to next season now its going to be **** house. Unless des can conjure something but i doubt it.

The sky isn't falling. No point stressing over Walker until the ruling is handed down. We still have a few spots to fill in our roster so there are players still to be moved around. Until the squad is settled no point speculating who will be lining up where

1. Tom
2. Taufua
3. Suli
4. Parker
5. Elliot

Other contenders
Garrick
Anderson
Tevita
Hoppa

No Walker, I'd maybe go:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Moses Suli
05. Brendan Elliott
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

But you are right, no matte how you look at that, it's awful, just awful.

The sky isn't falling. No point stressing over Walker until the ruling is handed down. We still have a few spots to fill in our roster so there are players still to be moved around. Until the squad is settled no point speculating who will be lining up where
Oh hes definitely getting done for something he did it and there are witnesses only his level of guilt is to be determined imho. Common assault is what he will get but he will still have to be suspended. And does he play while the trial is on? The nrl will come down on him hard as he plays for manly.

No Walker, I'd maybe go:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Moses Suli
05. Brendan Elliott
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Haha its pitiful for some reason i believe des will turn parker into a good player. As a center because he definitely cant play wing.

No Walker, I'd maybe go:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Moses Suli
05. Brendan Elliott
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

No matter how you look at our 2018 back line Ryan, it was awful, just awful. Turn styles . Wooden spoon stuff !
I dont think the 2019 Sea eagles will be as bad as the 2018 . Do you ?

Last edited:
1. Tom
2. Taufua
3. Suli
4. Parker
5. Elliot

Other contenders
Garrick
Anderson
Tevita
Hoppa

Let's not be overly pessimistic in relation to lacking experience in the Centres, yes not the best position to be in but if Manly don't control and own the middle defensively even experienced centre pairings will make errors.

New players might rise and surprise (i have no idea about potential replacements to back this up), a power game of the sharp direct variety through the middle might alleviate(to a degree) the need for creative high output centres in attack.

I worry about the limitations of Tom in a variety of aspects of the game which i don't think are going to improve much other than maybe fine tuned a little with experience and coaching.

I'm unsure who will run out in the backs with Dce , Kane, Tom and Suli but have confidence in our coaching staff looking forward. With the odd hiccup thus far im pretty excited about what lies ahead . Remember Danny Moore , no world beater when he arrived but turned out to be quite a good centre / wingman went on to represent his state so all is not gloom.

Let's not be overly pessimistic in relation to lacking experience in the Centres, yes not the best position to be in but if Manly don't control and own the middle defensively even experienced centre pairings will make errors.

New players might rise and surprise (i have no idea about potential replacements to back this up), a power game of the sharp direct variety through the middle might alleviate(to a degree) the need for creative high output centres in attack.

I worry about the limitations of Tom in a variety of aspects of the game which i don't think are going to improve much other than maybe fine tuned a little with experience and coaching.
How bout defensively?

I know you aren't having a shot at Turbo, but don't forget he has just turned 22 and is perhaps a couple of years from his best. Lets not forget the dominance he and his brother displayed in recent SOOs, and that includes DCE. We have three of the very best in the game and they are about to come under the influence of one of the best coaches in the game. I have no problems, other than injury issues, about these three. They are the foundation of what could be a serious premiership contender in a year or two.

The way I see it is with or without Walker we have to have some hope.

Lets face it the 6th, 7th and 8th teams are almost always pretenders, often lucky to make 8 themselves.

From the top 8 sides this year I'd say only Roosters, Bunnies and maybe Panthers are assured to be in the finals in 2019.

I'd fully expect Storm and Sharks to fall away. Lets hope so anyway.

That leaves Dragons, Warriors and Bronco's of which none look particularly strong.

The Tigers were 9th this year, that alone surely gives everyone hope.

I know you aren't having a shot at Turbo, but don't forget he has just turned 22 and is perhaps a couple of years from his best. Lets not forget the dominance he and his brother displayed in recent SOOs, and that includes DCE. We have three of the very best in the game and they are about to come under the influence of one of the best coaches in the game. I have no problems, other than injury issues, about these three. They are the foundation of what could be a serious premiership contender in a year or two.
Tom is a good player already at the age of 22 and yes still will develop some ,it's just that i don't see big improvements left in him other than performing better behind a better improving squad.

Doesn't have football speed or a change of speed or even able to sharply change direction or running lines, lacks footwork also.(does push up nicely through the middle though) Has height and building size nicely but lacks the aggression to one on one over power an opponent like Inglis did in his early years at the Storm.

Passing is average but will develop with maturity, defensively down low at the try-line has been exposed, also not the greatest organizer from the back but yes that will improve over time also.

Kick returns are inconsistent, sometimes lacking energy and purpose.

Doesn't have great hands in general but will improve in this area for sure.

Origin experience will help harden up his attitude.

I just see a player that stood out in his younger years due to his height and the openness of weak defenses allowed his top speed to run away from defensive lines in open space.

How bout defensively?
I already addressed my defensive concerns about new centres, that doesn't mean there are not ways to limit this impact be it through coaching, overall team performance, improved structures etc etc---which is merely stating the obvious.

Yes without Walker and Kelly our strike power out wide is reduced along with missing all the benefits of a consistent lineup(defensively and in attack) but Manly have to do a lot of other things well through the middle third first otherwise it makes little difference in attack or defense who we have out-wide.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10