Rainbow Jersey Press Conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I tell you listening to both DCE and especially Des, that if I was a player no matter what my beliefs , with the sincerity and passion and oblivious care for the players he shows I dead set would run thru brick walls for him ,even if he asked me to play in a rainbow Borat style man-kini ,long socks and sandals!!.
It reminds me when DES stood up for Brett S etc he might be a bit stubborn but once he is loyal to you he sticks and you know it e.g Brett ,Dylan , Manase etc .I hope the players whose mangers are allegedly agitating for releases remember what Des has done for them over the years.
After that presser it would be nice for the 7 to say we don't agree with this jersey ,but because of our team mates and Des we will play anyway .I'm probably being overly optimistic but anyway I can only hope.
Go Manly

brace yourself mate, been a bit rough around here the last 24hrs
I’m still in the land of no internet but a guy next door to me ( in the bush ) has Starlink so he’s let me use it.

I’ll start to get more internet in the next few days as we head back to the coast again after 6 weeks in some very remote areas.

Been critical of Des and DCE before never again a really classy heartfelt conference. The club owner is a joke is the best I could say about him.

The players who stood down I also understand and respect their choice. I'm just not sure how this player group ever recovers.

No matter who runs out on Thursday I will be supporting them and maybe we unearth a young star?

Almost 5pm

Will we have 17 who are firstly fit , and secondly want to play ??

What happens if we can only name 15???

I cannot disclose my position or my contacts for obvious reasons lest I be fired .
What I can add is that of the ten players selected to be included in 1st grade in light of recent events have declined based on the same reasons as the initial players and objections to the treatment of said players. Things are becoming much worse by the minute

my position not my contacts for obvious reasons

Well it's good to know what type of people we have representing our Club.

I cannot disclose my position or my contacts for obvious reasons lest I be fired .
What I can add is that of the ten players selected to be included in 1st grade in light of recent events have declined based on the same reasons as the initial players and objections to the treatment of said players. Things are becoming much worse by the minute

my position not my contacts for obvious reasons
Wow! I wonder if we forfeit citing lack of players!

I think you missed a number mate.

Of the 10 how many have declined?

Well there would be other players in reserve grade and or our flegg side that also would make themselves unavailable.. a mate of mine who works with the panthers juniors told me that if this happened at the panthers they would be lucky to field 17 from all the clubs roster including Windsor Wolves.. so i think we may be able to get to 18 but may be a few unknowns

If this issue was so important why didn't the club flag it at the start of the season, along with the myriad of other jersey designs our players have been forced to wear and we fans have been forced to endure?
The issue could then have been discussed over time and the ramifications understood by not just our club but the NRL and all other clubs. How many NRL clubs do you think will be following the Manly example?
This issue smacks of a marketing brainfart in the last few weeks rather than a genuine undertaking to support the rainbow nation.
Anyway, if it's such a good idea I look forward to seeing the jersey designs for the other 15 clubs in the NRL.

Back to Vulcan for you Mr. Spock. There is no room for logic either here on earth or within the NRL.

As I understand it, the marketing department was approached by a lobby group a number of months ago with the view of holding a pride event . The marketing team sought to get some data on sales of jerseys with the pride flag on it . Some idiot who I won’t mention decided to incorporate the pride flag into the womens round because there was no real symbol for woman to go in the jersey
The marketing department didn’t run the idea up the pole and had the designers put forward a concept for the jumpers which was then sent to the printers
The marketing dept then rang media to tell them to put out a media release then the shoot went ahead complete with video for the website
The papers ran the story with the media release and the players found out through the papers and at the gym
The **** hit the fan immediately and the idea was axed by the players but it was too late
The club decided to hang out the players instead of copping **** from the lobby group who threatened to go ballistic if the team didn’t run out in the jumpers
The players pulled out then the managers started calling to ask for immediate releases
Other players then joined the jumper boycott but were told it would be breach of contract because of a lack of a religious excuse. Players were told they would be breached if they didn’t wear it after threatening to sit out the game in support of the players already out
The lawyers sent emails to the club and managers
The players who formed the majority of those being bought in to fill the spots said no way either because of culture and religion or support for the others
The club is now looking to Blacktown to find the numbers else will forfeit the game
Heads will roll either way
Des and DCE can’t be taken to court over this
The board and CEO could have had they fronted the presser and made a mistake when talking
Hope this helps
If this issue was so important why didn't the club flag it at the start of the season, along with the myriad of other jersey designs our players have been forced to wear and we fans have been forced to endure?
The issue could then have been discussed over time and the ramifications understood by not just our club but the NRL and all other clubs. How many NRL clubs do you think will be following the Manly example?
This issue smacks of a marketing brainfart in the last few weeks rather than a genuine undertaking to support the rainbow nation.
Anyway, if it's such a good idea I look forward to seeing the jersey designs for the other 15 clubs in the NRL.
Five or six I was told

So, I assume the seven players will be required to attend the game as if they were injured.
I just hope our crowd shows that whilst disappointed they respect their decisions.

It’s going to be hard to support the seven players that stood down, from here on in...and not because of their religious beliefs (I couldn’t care less about that), but the fact that they care more about making a statement, than winning a game to give us a shot at playing the finals...

They obviously don’t care that much about winning and are largely there for a pay packet.

1658815632501.png
Looks like the majority of fans support the players stance, only the peanut brain lefties have a problem with it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4