Rainbow Jersey Press Conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've lost a lot of respect for these 7 players.

I don't know if I can ever get behind them 100% with my support again.

It's very disappointing they've taken this stand - yes, they're exercising their religious freedoms which they have the right to do - but I'm flabbergasted these young guys have such outdated & narrowminded beliefs.

I've lost a lot of respect for these 7 players.

I don't know if I can ever get behind them 100% with my support again.

It's very disappointing they've taken this stand - yes, they're exercising their religious freedoms which they have the right to do - but I'm flabbergasted these young guys have such outdated & narrowminded beliefs.
Believe what they like but insisting that the club align its behaviours with their discriminatory mindset and, worse still, abandoning their team mates at a critical point of the season is inexcusable... I dont care about winning if it means watching self-centred pricks like this succeed in our jersey - and we are talking half the team! I hope they are all playing for the tigpies next year...
Kudos to those guys who may share those belief systems but chose to stand with their team...

I often give it to DCE in game day threads (only when deserved lol). However, I have to stand up and commend him on how well he handled that. Not just his ability to articulate clearly, but to have a deeper grasp of the issues and juggle the complexities while staying focused. Well done! :clap:

Des didnt write the presser statement.

The players not playing this week were stood down
Thanks for the update. If those players wish to seek a release, I am sure I won't be the only fan who will happily see them leave. Aside from the club, I blame christian missionaries. They have a lot to answer for!
because the didnt want to wear the pride jersey. They should not be forced to accept politics in their team on this scale IMO

Poor ole Des looks shattered at this press conference, basically apologising to the entire world for the Manly club fuk up and jersey decision that he was not involved in.

Where is the so called CFO? He should be here.

Truly a sad day.

Handled respectfully and very well by Des and DCE. Unlike our club management.
You are right about management the good news is it will change on Monday.

This crap will not happen on Tony Mestrov watch, he is a great operator and understands the game and the club.

Taking away everything about the jersey and who won't wear it.....how p1ss weak is this of our clubs leadership to make Des and DCE to this presser?

I dont care that Penn is in New York, modern technology makes location irrelevant...
On the one hand, agreed. Why are they forced to take the heat?

On the other, someone had to show leadership. Something that’s lacking elsewhere in the organisation.

This whole action was extremely disappointing.
The fact that DCE and Des were forced to front is pathetic. Let me assure you all. They were both told to front the presser.
The marketing department, whom is headed by those two who shall for now remain nameless, will be gone by Friday and have been served .
The lack of accountability has been noted and further heads WILL roll by Friday.
Des understated the division in the side and some managers are asking for an immediate release from contracts. NO, it is not safe to assume all the absent players this Thursday will EVER play for the club again. This presser is by far not the end of this whole debacle.

If you have any decent questions hit me up because I cant be bothered to write down the many conversations I have had over the last four days nor would I .
I typically stay well away from politics within the club and will continue to do so on the whole but this is unprecedented minus the Super league wars.
Happy to answer questions where I can.
RamboFan
OMG so 2 marketing muppets have in the space of a few days have probably blown up our season and potentially our roster ,what a complete cluster f^%$ .
Unbelievable

I am going to head down to support the team on Thursday

To be honest I am not sure when I will head down again. Much like the players who are choosing not to play I struggle to support players who have beliefs which are against my own core values.

And before the pile on about respecting each other etc there is a fair difference (in my view) of someone who can not choose their sexuality and the life that some gay people face due to something they can not control v religious beliefs
I'll be there ... hopefully with my new jersey on. And like you, not sure where my disappointment in the Sadsack Seven goes from here.

You are right about management the good news is it will change on Monday.

This crap will not happen on Tony Mestrov watch, he is a great operator and understands the game and the club.
I did imagine him out at some godforsaken greyhound track watching this unfold!

I'll be going to my first footy game since 2019 this week, but wont be the NRL will be headed to the AFL. This is just too much of a mess. The NRL has just gotten worse and worse and this is just one n a line of crap that has been dished out.

I support the club on the jersey and think this is the most immature and selfish **** from these 7 players. They have plenty of talent among them, but I will be happy if they never play for Manly again

Let's hope Tony doesn't backflip over all this. I mean seriously on his first day at work on Monday morning this s**t show is what he's going to have to deal with. What a way to start your new job. Good luck Tony hope you make all the right decisions and take this great club to new heights. 🦅
Mate i think this is nothing compared to what he confronted when he started at greyhound nsw. We will be ok

Hang on mate. The players stood down di
Believe what they like but insisting that the club align its behaviours with their discriminatory mindset and, worse still, abandoning their team mates at a critical point of the season is inexcusable... I dont care about winning if it means watching self-centred pricks like this succeed in our jersey - and we are talking half the team! I hope they are all playing for the tigpies next year...
Kudos to those guys who may share those belief systems but chose to stand with their team...
didnt discriminate anyone. They just didn't want to wear a symbol that didn't align with their beliefs.
If your boss told you to go out the front of work and campaign for the political party you didnt vote for wo
@Rambofan2

Do you know if the talk of the 3 backflipping
Not correct. There are other players not included the 7 dead mentioned considering supporting the players sitting out so it may be worse by Thursday

I'll be going to my first footy game since 2019 this week, but wont be the NRL will be headed to the AFL. This is just too much of a mess. The NRL has just gotten worse and worse and this is just one n a line of crap that has been dished out.

I support the club on the jersey and think this is the most immature and selfish **** from these 7 players. They have plenty of talent among them, but I will be happy if they never play for Manly again
I agree with your last two lines there buddy...but the AFL? Nooooo!! Don't do it

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7