Rainbow Jersey Press Conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
OMG so 2 marketing muppets have in the space of a few days have probably blown up our season and potentially our roster ,what a complete cluster f^%$ .
Unbelievable

The marketing muppets must have had an inkling of disaster .... I find it very coincidental that the 3 players (probably digitally altered) chosen to model the Rainbow Jersey were all of the numerical minority of non Islander background.

There are 7 non islanders in our starting side ... 3 were unavailable in isolation ... and 3 of the remaining 4 were used as models .. Keppie, Foran and Garrick ....

nah ... must just be a coincidence ... surely no one would have chosen their models with race as a factor ..

The marketing muppets must have had an inkling of disaster .... I find it very coincidental that the 3 players (probably digitally altered) chosen to model the Rainbow Jersey were all of the numerical minority of non Islander background.

There are 7 non islanders in our starting side ... 3 were unavailable in isolation ... and 3 of the remaining 4 were used as models .. Keppie, Foran and Garrick ....

nah ... must just be a coincidence ... surely no one would have chosen their models with race as a factor ..

It wasn't digitally altered, there's a video that shows them putting on the jerseys, etc.

Also, plenty of non-Caucasian players appear to be supporting the cause by continuing to play, so not sure how entirely relevant that point is?

I for one support the players right to do what they believe in. You don't have to agree with them, in fact I don't agree with them, but it's not my place to lecture them or threaten to walk away from the club in protest or any of this carry on. Freedom works both ways. I don't see why the players opinions aren't allowable.

They'll be back in a week and I'll support them in rd 21.

Sad it has to come to this. So unnecessary from the outset.

I agree with your last two lines there buddy...but the AFL? Nooooo!! Don't do it
I suggested one of my kids play it as soccer is too tame and poorly organised and nrl too rough for him. He and another of my kids watched a few games and have gone mad for it.

In fact the ADHD one I have never seen so involved in a watching a game for so long.

That and we have been offered members tickets so you know

Shameless bigs

No one from management front that press conference, that press conference should of been taken my management not him.

Only for putting my tips in every week I am personally taking a break from this forum. I have seen this forum for what it is and I just do Like the pile on of certain group of people.

For me this week has been a dark week for the club I love and are now questioning my support of them.
If they wanted to the NRL could fix this quickly and allow the pride version play along side the whitestrip version of jerseys....there's very little difference. Simple.
But apparently they've already canned that idea. And why wouldn't they. They get to see what reaction a Pride in league weekend would get. They already knew this would happen.
Anyway...is it possible Penrith might give everyone else a chance by using a pride jersey on GF day and having 10 players out.

Hang on mate. The players stood down di

didnt discriminate anyone. They just didn't want to wear a symbol that didn't align with their beliefs.
If your boss told you to go out the front of work and campaign for the political party you didnt vote for wo

Not correct. There are other players not included the 7 dead mentioned considering supporting the players sitting out so it may be worse by Thursday
It's the clubs jersey... they could have made a statement on their beliefs and then turned out for their side because they are committed to the team...
In the end this is a good thing if it gets rid of blokes that are truly committed to the team...

It wasn't digitally altered, there's a video that shows them putting on the jerseys, etc.

Also, plenty of non-Caucasian players appear to be supporting the cause by continuing to play, so not sure how entirely relevant that point is?

My point is that had the Marketing muppets gone to training with 3 rainbow jersey's and yelled out who wants to model these for us .... and Oslay, Guaca, Saab et al all said ... "no way numbnut !" ... they would have had cause to pause and reassess ...

That obviously didn't happen ... they are on record as saying they learnt about the jersey in the paper

And SO we come to the fact that the 3 players that were chosen to model the jersey were all vanilla and unlikely to hold adverse cultural values ... tells me that either the laws of probability have been breached .... OR ... the marketing muppets knew there might/would be backlash and tried to sneak it through and hope for the best ...

PSS .. Thanks for not digitally altered fact ..

Why can't the players just release a statement or whatever saying they don't support the message, but will still play and back their team.

Alternatively, why can't the NRL just make a f*cking exception and let the 7 wear the regular strip?

So many people are in the wrong here, but seems no-one wants to budge.

It amazes that that this club with these two fine gentlemen leading the way was the target to be eliminated by the NRL for so many years.

If I ever hear that type of talk again, I’ll show them this video and splash a cheap cocktail and used betting slips in they face and tell them to go F$&k themselves.

As well as all the goodwill that should be affording given this unprecedented initiative, you would think this club is critical to the future of rugby league for a long long time, and maybe it is this sacrifice that might finally show it to them.

NYEagle

Attachments

• 88A5EE08-7E7B-452A-AF2F-B39D50BBFDCA.png
    88A5EE08-7E7B-452A-AF2F-B39D50BBFDCA.png
    732.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 561DA6EB-A9C3-4149-90AA-7AF0F9E9B75A.png
    561DA6EB-A9C3-4149-90AA-7AF0F9E9B75A.png
    793.1 KB · Views: 5
Why can't the players just release a statement or whatever saying they don't support the message, but will still play and back their team.

Alternatively, why can't the NRL just make a f*cking exception and let the 7 wear the regular strip?

So many people are in the wrong here, but seems no-one wants to budge.
Both seem like rational solutions... probs why they are not on the table...

Why simply can’t the club backflip and wear normal jerseys.

Surely 2 premiership points is worth more than virtue signalling ??
Imagine what that would say about the values of our club?
The club and its statement of values is MUCH more important than whether 7 blokes are in our squad... players come and go but the club actually means something to the community - and sexual preference should never be a pre-requisite to inclusion within Manly...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6