Post-Game Discussion Raiders v Manly [Round 24, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Raiders
Vs
Sea Eagles
48 GIO Stadium
27 Aug 2022 15:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Stats as we know can be used to prove/disprove a point.
‘So, I’m going to throw some out and why. Just my opinion.
Guac runs for 6/56metres (14 pcm) plays 80 mins.
‘People have noted that De Luis was about the same, but he only played 33 minutes.
Then you have Foz with 18/160 metres (15 pcm).
Now cast your mind back to the middle of the year. Forget who we played.But Guac absolutely smashed it. Over 200 running metres. His best game by a country mile. Then they had Foz on the post match interview, and asked about Guacs form and the fact that Foz was putting him in holes all night. Foz replied that he told Guac to run hard and straight and he will continue hitting him all night. It was a classic Lyons/Beaver combo.
Now with what has happened since rainbow round, I look at those stats and I’m thinking there’s no way that there isn’t a big split in the group. The thing is Foz knows he’s out of here with one more game to go. He doesn’t have to worry about trying to heal the rift. He is still pissed off they pulled out of the Roosters game. I was watching his usually good combo with Guac at the Titans game two weeks ago. There were a cpl times in back play Foz was having words with Guac. But to no avail. It was clear not just Guac, but a few of the other seven were just going thru the motions.
So in my mind, looking at the stats, Foz has gone FU to Guac. I’m leaving here busting my arse like he has done all year.
That’s just the optics I’m seeing.
‘They say communications the key to any conflict.
Well there is going to have to be some much needed communication in the off-season, otherwise, things may get worse (if that’s possible).

Y
If we lose next week, in his 4 years back, it'll be the second time we've matched the club's worst ever losing streak in our 75 year history.

The worse stat for me though was having the 2nd worst defensive stat over 20 games in the history of NRL or fist grade rugby league in history (the worst being the western suburbs Magpies) under Des.
Yes, agree. That defensive stat which was only marginally better than Wests in 1999... is very sad indeed. Let's not forget, even the great Bozo lost 7 straight to start the '99 season before handing over the reigns to Sharp.

Y

Yes, agree. That defensive stat which was only marginally better than Wests in 1999... is very sad indeed. Let's not forget, even the great Bozo lost 7 straight to start the '99 season before handing over the reigns to Sharp.

Before recognising he needed to hand over the reigns being the pertinent thing there. And it's the second time in 4 years mate.

When was the last time you've heard a team only beating a top 4 team once in 2.5 years? A top 8 team twice in an entire season?

Something has to give imo.

Wow yet another rubbish press conference. Media yet again letting Des and the Chook of the hook, no hard questions whatsoever. Des is just painful to listen to.
No accountability. Delusional Des at his best. And it’s time for Jake to Captain. He’s a better leader than DCE and DCE needs less on his plate the final few years. We are stuck with him so let him play his best.

Schuster played himself out of a jersey he didn't even work hard enough to deserve in the first place. Was very unfit and seemingly didn't want to be a second rower. So what does he want? Needs some accountability and for mine Des probably shouldn't have picked him at all; particularly around that middle-portion of his season
I agree he probably shouldn’t have been picked at all but that has been Des’s choice to bring him off the bench and only on in awkward situations where the game is already lost. He would’ve been expecting to play 2nd row as he did last year but he copped an injury and admittedly struggled to get back into shape and full fitness. I reckon it’s rubbish that so many are judging him on the errors he’s made in these stints he’s had, when he’s still one of the most talented and dangerous players we’ve had in a while (evidenced by creating our only try today while Foz and DCE had shockers)

Wait until he has his own position locked up next year and then judge him. A lot of you will be surprised

I remember a time when Hasler would be angry at the post match presser. Mostly at officials or decisions, or he’d be tearing doors off.
But, now he just agrees with the journos.
Eg- “Would you agree Manly’s defence was poor today?”

“Yes, ah yes, it was poor…”

Serenity now. A changed man.
A54957AD-9418-4A3C-A150-F3ABD4626360.jpeg

I remember a time when Hasler would be angry at the post match presser. Mostly at officials or decisions, or he’d be tearing doors off.
But, now he just agrees with the journos.
Eg- “Would you agree Manly’s defence was poor today?”

“Yes, ah yes, it was poor…”

Serenity now. A changed man.
View attachment 22088
Does anybody really have any interest in Des's pressers anymore....same ole dribble again.

He has perfected his dribble....ahhhhh mmmmm, errrrr, yehhhhhh...the effort was there....painful and embarrassing to listen to. Des watch the game carefully before u dish out that rubbish. Take some accountabilty...

Last edited:
Y

Didn't Bozo hand over the reigns because his wife got sick? Not because he was past it.

Best thing about next week is it’s 6pm Friday. So nobody will watch it and the result may go unnoticed.
Hope the dogs flog us and the media get into des he deserves everything he gets over the coming summer.

DCE getting off light from the cult fan base - Typical.

What has DCE done these last few weeks when Manly needed him the most ? Absolutely NOTHING.
It’s a joke that DCE is well regarded by anyone who follows the sport. And Anyone who does rate him is instantly discredited.
There’s quite a few do-nothin-with-you-attacking-passing game halves in the NRL at the moment, but DCE is up there as the most useless in that regard.
DCE NEVER runs to the line to engage any defenders ( unlike Foran), has nearly 0 passing vision, doesn’t read what opponent defenders are doing….it’s just all round ball in hand trash.
Cliffy Lyons is my favourite player of all time and he’s the one who got me into rugby league, but watching DCE is like watching a blind donkey.

Extrnding DCE proves that this club hates success.

DCE getting off light from the cult fan base - Typical.

What has DCE done these last few weeks when Manly needed him the most ? Absolutely NOTHING.
It’s a joke that DCE is well regarded by anyone who follows the sport. And Anyone who does rate him is instantly discredited.
There’s quite a few do-nothin-with-you-attacking-passing game halves in the NRL at the moment, but DCE is up there as the most useless in that regard.
DCE NEVER runs to the line to engage any defenders ( unlike Foran), has nearly 0 passing vision, doesn’t read what opponent defenders are doing….it’s just all round ball in hand trash.
Cliffy Lyons is my favourite player of all time and he’s the one who got me into rugby league, but watching DCE is like watching a blind donkey.

Extrnding DCE proves that this club hates success.
Exactly, people love to act like it’s the forwards’ fault when DCE isn’t playing well (not saying they aren’t a problem) but the early kicks straight to the fullback, the terrible grubbers when we are already on their line, and the crabbing around in circles avoiding contact are all on him.

I guarantee you we don’t score our only try yesterday if he wasn’t the one playing the ball after getting lost and tackled before the last. Had he been at first receiver he would’ve thrown in any random kick and it might’ve just been the Raiders scoring another long range try instead.

Not to attribute all of yesterday's woes to team selections but Alioia starting as a 13 [ and Burbo as a centre seemed hardly the best way to go and up against it from the start . Totally unfamiliar position for Alioia and Burbo just not noted for his defence and particularly a bit wider . Not a case of easy in hindsight but would have thought the Walker or Schuster starting at 13 , Weekes full back and Koula centre a much better option . Some very effective Raiders bombs and koula did well to defuse most of them but surely would have improved that right edge defence at the very least as well as offering a lot more in arrack . Weekes has played enough at the back and as good a time as any to give him more N R L experience . . Also have rarely seen a side [ Manly ] receive such a bad run with bounce of the ball instances . Ruck and general defnce also seems at a historically low ebb as well for a range of reasons Line speed just not up to N R L standard . Jake has been a bigger out then i am sure most would have assumed and the lack of cohesion factor does not rest with the jersey 7 or any misplaced notion in that regard . Just put Schuster on from the start at 13 for the final game , have Parker . and koula together in the centres . Weekes at one , no more experiments with Alioia , Bullemor did O K , Davey will help if he is available . Not sure what has happened to D C E - Foz "s even minimum required roles . Best go forward prop in Paseka also being missed . Poor outcome again but did not help with a couple of very doubtful starting positions . Not too sure what has happened to Tui 's form level , Vaega looks a real goer

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8