Post-Game Discussion Raiders v Manly [Round 24, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Raiders
Vs
Sea Eagles
48 GIO Stadium
27 Aug 2022 15:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Stats as we know can be used to prove/disprove a point.
‘So, I’m going to throw some out and why. Just my opinion.
Guac runs for 6/56metres (14 pcm) plays 80 mins.
‘People have noted that De Luis was about the same, but he only played 33 minutes.
Then you have Foz with 18/160 metres (15 pcm).
Now cast your mind back to the middle of the year. Forget who we played.But Guac absolutely smashed it. Over 200 running metres. His best game by a country mile. Then they had Foz on the post match interview, and asked about Guacs form and the fact that Foz was putting him in holes all night. Foz replied that he told Guac to run hard and straight and he will continue hitting him all night. It was a classic Lyons/Beaver combo.
Now with what has happened since rainbow round, I look at those stats and I’m thinking there’s no way that there isn’t a big split in the group. The thing is Foz knows he’s out of here with one more game to go. He doesn’t have to worry about trying to heal the rift. He is still pissed off they pulled out of the Roosters game. I was watching his usually good combo with Guac at the Titans game two weeks ago. There were a cpl times in back play Foz was having words with Guac. But to no avail. It was clear not just Guac, but a few of the other seven were just going thru the motions.
So in my mind, looking at the stats, Foz has gone FU to Guac. I’m leaving here busting my arse like he has done all year.
That’s just the optics I’m seeing.
‘They say communications the key to any conflict.
Well there is going to have to be some much needed communication in the off-season, otherwise, things may get worse (if that’s possible).
This team is completely broken. And you may be right in that things will actually get worse in the short-term unless the 7 are released if legally possible (or at least the majority - particularly Aloiai, Sipley, and I hate to say it, but Guac and Sch too). Even then, with such a hit talent-wise, and being stuck with an injury-prone Tom, a slowing Jake, an out-dated coach, and of course DCE, this will be a long re-build. Unfortunately, with current owner a re-build may not even eventuate, and we could simply yo-yo between scraping into the 8 some seasons, and contending for the spoon in others. RIP Manly

Not to attribute all of yesterday's woes to team selections but Alioia starting as a 13 [ and Burbo as a centre seemed hardly the best way to go and up against it from the start . Totally unfamiliar position for Alioia and Burbo just not noted for his defence and particularly a bit wider . Not a case of easy in hindsight but would have thought the Walker or Schuster starting at 13 , Weekes full back and Koula centre a much better option . Some very effective Raiders bombs and koula did well to defuse most of them but surely would have improved that right edge defence at the very least as well as offering a lot more in arrack . Weekes has played enough at the back and as good a time as any to give him more N R L experience . . Also have rarely seen a side [ Manly ] receive such a bad run with bounce of the ball instances . Ruck and general defnce also seems at a historically low ebb as well for a range of reasons Line speed just not up to N R L standard . Jake has been a bigger out then i am sure most would have assumed and the lack of cohesion factor does not rest with the jersey 7 or any misplaced notion in that regard . Just put Schuster on from the start at 13 for the final game , have Parker . and koula together in the centres . Weekes at one , no more experiments with Alioia , Bullemor did O K , Davey will help if he is available . Not sure what has happened to D C E - Foz "s even minimum required roles . Best go forward prop in Paseka also being missed . Poor outcome again but did not help with a couple of very doubtful starting positions . Not too sure what has happened to Tui 's form level , Vaega looks a real goer
Haven’t watched the game but those thinking Jake T is overpaid are kidding themselves. The way I see it he is just as bigger out as Tom. Without him the team have no heart or soul. Will be very sad if he retires in the future having never won a premiership. 😢

Haven’t watched the game but those thinking Jake T is overpaid are kidding themselves. The way I see it he is just as bigger out as Tom. Without him the team have no heart or soul. Will be very sad if he retires in the future having never won a premiership. 😢
Huge out with Jake from the middle but of course just goes without saying . General defence and tidying up can never be underestimated and i am sure that it isn 't . Even his steading role in attack at 13 or prop . . Probably a bit on the high side with his contract value playing wise but his other benefits he provides just image and enthusiasm wise can make up the difference and being part of the package deal with Turbo . Sure that he would cherish or being a part of a Manly premiership before his career ends . Can only hope that it can eventuate within his remaining career and not just for his sakes .

Yes, for those who wondered what exactly Jake contributes to this team, now you know. Plus, he's still a better first receiver than Cherry.

Exactly, people love to act like it’s the forwards’ fault when DCE isn’t playing well (not saying they aren’t a problem) but the early kicks straight to the fullback, the terrible grubbers when we are already on their line, and the crabbing around in circles avoiding contact are all on him.

I guarantee you we don’t score our only try yesterday if he wasn’t the one playing the ball after getting lost and tackled before the last. Had he been at first receiver he would’ve thrown in any random kick and it might’ve just been the Raiders scoring another long range try instead.
Yeah, have to agree, DCE's kicking game as plummeted to new lows, chip kicks are the worse though. These usually get the opposition on the attack and by the 4th tackle there're pushing their own teammates away lining up for an easy barge over try. So much wrong with us, and I guess it's sort of unfair to single out one player, but he is on 1.2m tho.

Ben T is as slow as Jake but can’t tackle.
Croker can tackle but his delivery is **** and has no attacking ability.
Koula and Ole our only threatening players.
Sad to see Walker go. At least he tries.
Garrick and Aloiai can also hold their heads up high.

Just saw a replay of the "highlights" of this game. Jesus H. Christ, our defence was even worse than I thought it was at first viewing. Missed tackles, laziness at marker, poor reads, lack of commitment and effort. So unbelievably soft it was painful. I mean, a try out of dummy half when the defenders are right there but can't even be arsed to put enough effort into holding the bloke up? Just woeful.

I know Kevin Walters (who reminds me a lot of Tooves as a coach: ie, passionate but no tactician and probably out of his depth) ripped into his players after their last two floggings likely cost them a spot in the finals. I wonder if Des has had anything to say to our blokes after six weeks of total capitulation. To leak so many points so easily - and not once look like you might want to try and do something about it - just blows my mind.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4