Game Day: Rabbitohs v Manly [Round 17, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And is how old???

He’s improving, and a reminder that we can’t afford a team of superstars!!
Parker and Walker in the centres is our best option.

We need Walker to get back to the 2017 hard running direct straight lines behind the ruck in the go forward sets and Parker running those hard lines also that he was showing this year.

That will give Manly four direct hard running straight go forward options along with Thomo and Siro which will serve Manly well and also help take the pressure off the front row and make them more effective.

Not sure what age has to do with the style of play we require, Suli is not a long term centre in my books.

Walker needs to stop playing for a penalty every damn time he gets tackled, stop crabbing across the field, stop giving away stupid penalties on the 4th and 5th tackle, stop flying up out of the defensive line all by himself, stop arguing with the refs.....basically needs to re-invent himself overnight.

Not likely.

Correct... but I bet it’s let go.

If that hit was on Ponga, the game is stopped, the hit is scrutinised in excruciatingly slow speed, and old mate gets binned.
Exactly
Can you imagine if say today souths were on the end of the 8-2 penalty count you would of not heard the last of it from everywhere in the media.
We plan and simply got royaly screwed today by the refs

The best thing about today i was reminded that i am so thankful i dont support that joke of a club souths, there supporters today reminded me of that.

So glad we get back to playing at home next weekend.

Manly for life.

Walker needs to stop playing for a penalty every damn time he gets tackled, stop crabbing across the field, stop giving away stupid penalties on the 4th and 5th tackle, stop flying up out of the defensive line all by himself, stop arguing with the refs.....basically needs to re-invent himself overnight.

Not likely.
He is not really a ‘Des type’ player. Or at least the general perception of what such a player should be.

Both late hits on chez and cust have been flagged for discussion by match review committee
My job is done :D
giphy.gif

I wonder if this game will have a silver lining, in that Walker is dropped for the GOAT?

Hank Scorpio is a better fit, and a far better “Manly” type of man, in my opinion.

Maybe not quite up to Walker’s level yet, but is a positive influence and a positive addition to the team.

Probably rested more due to his injuries this season than fatigue based, Jake is the one who required resting after Origin.

Might be a case of Tom back for the next game and Jake rested this time around.

Fox interviewed Tom at half time. He said he could have played, but with missing so many games with leg injuries the coaching staff felt backing up 3 days after Origin (and playing fullback where he would have done a lot of running) was a risk too far so he was rested. Definitely will play next week though.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8