Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Day: Rabbitohs v Manly [Round 17, 2019]

HappilyManly

Premium Member
The stats claim that DCE didn't make one run nor gain one metre.
I've been watching this sport for 60 years and now I'm going to have to re-evaluate what a run is.
https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-17/rabbitohs-v-sea-eagles/

3 try assists, second most receipts after the hooker with 66, 117m run, 100% tackle efficiency on 22 tackles, 3 days after SOO - Chez is giving 100% :clap:
@Dan may get his stats from another source

Or Chez' hyphenated name cuts out the feed :p

Technical Coach

At some point players have to realize that club comes first. Hats off to Jamie Lyon.
Turbo plays jack shieite all season. Rushed back for origin then gets rested in a huge game.

Gives me the sheites....
Probably rested more due to his injuries this season than fatigue based, Jake is the one who required resting after Origin.

Might be a case of Tom back for the next game and Jake rested this time around.

American Eagle

Pretty devoid of attacking flair today. Had so many chances to win that game today and came up with the wrong answer every time.
Elliot may be serviceable but gives us nothing in attack and is super f***ing slow
Walker is pretty much done isn't he? Offers little and probably wouldn't get a game anywhere else these days.

Another stupid Kapow mistake that cost us big.

Such a frustrating day against a massively understrength Souths who have lost their last four.

Almost as deflated as after the Titans loss.

urulion

Great to see that the bloody refs cement their place as the NRL front runners to win the comp. Every week with 100000 cameras, and state of the art equipment, they still are unable to get it right (this is not human error, this is a mixture between human stupidity and human corruption).

That hit on DCE from Knight should have been binned, if it was Cronk or Pearce I am sure the outcome would have been different. For those suggesting that we have a cry about refs? ABSOLUTELY and will continue to do so until it becomes an even playing field. I do not follow or watch NRL to see the refs play and destroy a game by blowing ridiculous penalties, and when a good game is available to be watched, it is destroyed because of excessive blowing of the whistle and ridiculous decisions. The NRL like to charge exorbitant fees to watch a footy game in good seats, here is a tip, get the refs up to professional standards.

American Eagle

Walker will save a lot of money if not renewed , to be honest I’d renew Parker before him and NEVER thought I’d say that .........EVER!!!
I may be showing my age but I remember Manly teams who were known for their backline flair.

We need to get some speed and creativity into the backs.
Parker isn't that. They need to go find some blokes that have raw speed and develop them rather than a plodder like Parker.

(note: i think Parker has improved heaps this year but he aint no first grade centre)

Mark from Brisbane

Living the dream
Premium Member
I may be showing my age but I remember Manly teams who were known for their backline flair.

Parker isn't that. They need to go find some blokes that have raw speed and develop them rather than a plodder like Parker.

(note: i think Parker has improved heaps this year but he aint no first grade centre)
Yes I agree he’s no superstar but he never lets us down and you can’t have a team of superstars these days can you ( well unless Uncle Nick is behind you).

Jerry1

Probably rested more due to his injuries this season than fatigue based, Jake is the one who required resting after Origin.

Might be a case of Tom back for the next game and Jake rested this time around.
Unless he was injured it was a sheite decision that probably cost us a top four position.

Rackets

Beware of the man with a skull on his chest.
Not one question to Des in that presser about his thoughts on the no try to Cust and that last play that should've been offside.
Did Turdburger write the questions for the journos?

Mark from Brisbane

Living the dream
Premium Member

By the way I thought Suli played pretty well today, he was a handful for them all match.

So maybe Mr Reliable on one side and Suli on the other isn’t so bad( remembering the money we have to pay to keep Cherry, Marty, Addin and the brothers.

Simonmyers11

If we only concede three tries to one of the comps best attacking sides we are fine to keep cust developing as a half in both attack and defence
I think we are even stronger in defence with api starting and parker in the centres. Will need strong defence to go deep in the finals. We have points and a willing side

HappilyManly

Premium Member
20190713_175857-1.jpg
Cade broken nose from late hit of #13
Sims got 3 weeks for exact same high hit

20190713_180635-1.jpg
Chez whiplash injury from late hit by #10
Absolutely unsighted even his arms are by his side as he had just passed the ball

MRC had better check in these 2 playmaker late hits :mad:

Last edited:

Technical Coach

By the way I thought Suli played pretty well today, he was a handful for them all match.

So maybe Mr Reliable on one side and Suli on the other isn’t so bad( remembering the money we have to pay to keep Cherry, Marty, Addin and the brothers.
A handful and being effective are two different things.

Lacks a "turn of speed" and evasiveness and needs to lose more weight, gets caught out defensively also.

Cioran

Would like to see Cust deputise at Hooker when Fainu comes off.
Just have a sense he could be explosive from there.
Croker to 6 when he is on.
Cade’s passing isn’t consistent enough at this stage to put him into hooker. I’d expect some good runs but also a couple of shocking passes that would cost us ground. Cade will be a good player but he has a way to go. I wouldn’t put Foz in to hooker either.

Luke_m

View attachment 11746

View attachment 11747
Absolutely unsighted even his arms are by his side as he had just passed the ball

Yep robbed I can’t belive it what a joke !!! Knights last night got a sin bin for the exact same late tackles

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
see how Des makes the players accountable today. Last year it would have been all about the no try to Cust, the apparent knock on to garrick with a few minutes remaining.

The team last year would have spent the week feeling excused as they were hard done by, not this year.

mave

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
View attachment 11746

View attachment 11747

I'm still waiting for Sam Burgess to be charged from taking Cherry out a few years ago. He did get a warning letter though.

So dont hold your breath.

davohan123

2019 Tipping Competitor
see how Des makes the players accountable today. Last year it would have been all about the no try to Cust, the apparent knock on to garrick with a few minutes remaining.

The team last year would have spent the week feeling excused as they were hard done by, not this year.
We will be a completely different team next weekend Sunday arvo game at home good luck parra des will have us up next weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom