Game Day: Rabbitohs v Manly [Round 17, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great to see that the bloody refs cement their place as the NRL front runners to win the comp. Every week with 100000 cameras, and state of the art equipment, they still are unable to get it right (this is not human error, this is a mixture between human stupidity and human corruption).

That hit on DCE from Knight should have been binned, if it was Cronk or Pearce I am sure the outcome would have been different. For those suggesting that we have a cry about refs? ABSOLUTELY and will continue to do so until it becomes an even playing field. I do not follow or watch NRL to see the refs play and destroy a game by blowing ridiculous penalties, and when a good game is available to be watched, it is destroyed because of excessive blowing of the whistle and ridiculous decisions. The NRL like to charge exorbitant fees to watch a footy game in good seats, here is a tip, get the refs up to professional standards.

I may be showing my age but I remember Manly teams who were known for their backline flair.

We need to get some speed and creativity into the backs.
Parker isn't that. They need to go find some blokes that have raw speed and develop them rather than a plodder like Parker.

(note: i think Parker has improved heaps this year but he aint no first grade centre)

Yes I agree he’s no superstar but he never lets us down and you can’t have a team of superstars these days can you ( well unless Uncle Nick is behind you).

Probably rested more due to his injuries this season than fatigue based, Jake is the one who required resting after Origin.

Might be a case of Tom back for the next game and Jake rested this time around.

Unless he was injured it was a sheite decision that probably cost us a top four position.

Not one question to Des in that presser about his thoughts on the no try to Cust and that last play that should've been offside.
Did Turdburger write the questions for the journos?

I may be showing my age but I remember Manly teams who were known for their backline flair.

We need to get some speed and creativity into the backs.
Parker isn't that. They need to go find some blokes that have raw speed and develop them rather than a plodder like Parker.

(note: i think Parker has improved heaps this year but he aint no first grade centre)
By the way I thought Suli played pretty well today, he was a handful for them all match.

So maybe Mr Reliable on one side and Suli on the other isn’t so bad( remembering the money we have to pay to keep Cherry, Marty, Addin and the brothers.

20190713_175857-1.jpg

Cade broken nose from late hit of #13
Sims got 3 weeks for exact same high hit

20190713_180635-1.jpg

Chez whiplash injury from late hit by #10
Absolutely unsighted even his arms are by his side as he had just passed the ball

MRC had better check in these 2 playmaker late hits :mad:

Last edited:
By the way I thought Suli played pretty well today, he was a handful for them all match.

So maybe Mr Reliable on one side and Suli on the other isn’t so bad( remembering the money we have to pay to keep Cherry, Marty, Addin and the brothers.
A handful and being effective are two different things.

Lacks a "turn of speed" and evasiveness and needs to lose more weight, gets caught out defensively also.

Would like to see Cust deputise at Hooker when Fainu comes off.
Just have a sense he could be explosive from there.
Croker to 6 when he is on.
Cade’s passing isn’t consistent enough at this stage to put him into hooker. I’d expect some good runs but also a couple of shocking passes that would cost us ground. Cade will be a good player but he has a way to go. I wouldn’t put Foz in to hooker either.

View attachment 11746

View attachment 11747
Absolutely unsighted even his arms are by his side as he had just passed the ball

Yep robbed I can’t belive it what a joke !!! Knights last night got a sin bin for the exact same late tackles

View attachment 11746

View attachment 11747

I'm still waiting for Sam Burgess to be charged from taking Cherry out a few years ago. He did get a warning letter though.

So dont hold your breath.

see how Des makes the players accountable today. Last year it would have been all about the no try to Cust, the apparent knock on to garrick with a few minutes remaining.

The team last year would have spent the week feeling excused as they were hard done by, not this year.

We will be a completely different team next weekend Sunday arvo game at home good luck parra des will have us up next weekend.

Not one question to Des in that presser about his thoughts on the no try to Cust and that last play that should've been offside.
Did Turdburger write the questions for the journos?
Did Des or the media mention the refs?

Which, given the emphasis on head knocks of late, should have been a sin binning and a penalty..

Bet there’s not even a charge though..
Well that's the job of the MRC as the 2 Refs missed it

The hit was late enough for Cade to be knocked out and the ball he passed being in the motion of being passed on by Jake :cool:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4