Game Day: Rabbitohs v Manly [Round 17, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great to see that the bloody refs cement their place as the NRL front runners to win the comp. Every week with 100000 cameras, and state of the art equipment, they still are unable to get it right (this is not human error, this is a mixture between human stupidity and human corruption).

That hit on DCE from Knight should have been binned, if it was Cronk or Pearce I am sure the outcome would have been different. For those suggesting that we have a cry about refs? ABSOLUTELY and will continue to do so until it becomes an even playing field. I do not follow or watch NRL to see the refs play and destroy a game by blowing ridiculous penalties, and when a good game is available to be watched, it is destroyed because of excessive blowing of the whistle and ridiculous decisions. The NRL like to charge exorbitant fees to watch a footy game in good seats, here is a tip, get the refs up to professional standards.

If this was a Ch.9 game, Johns would have been blowing up deluxe about that hit on DCE.

I'm still waiting for Sam Burgess to be charged from taking Cherry out a few years ago. He did get a warning letter though.

So dont hold your breath.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.....Sam never saw him coming.
fa6d80aee84737e2a1b284ff7c28e4ea

We need to ditch Dylan crab walker asap. The guy is a defensive liability and has done f*ck all since he got here. Can't run straight, can't tackle, can't score a try, can't slide, can't fight (unless it's a woman) and costs more than Parker and suli combined. The only thing he ever had going for him was his trash talking, which is pathetic anyway if that's your main asset. If he tries that **** now he'll quickly get called out for being a wife bashing ****. Hope des punches him in the eyeball. He was never manly and never will be.

Just finished watching the presser. How refreshing to see a coach only briefly mention the refs and penalty count, and actually hold his own players to account.

The refs were against us today, that much was obvious. But scoring 4 tries to 3, we definitely had our chances to win and Des knows that.

Telegraph report on the game mentions how Souths would have been filthy if they lost due to contentious decisions against them.
They must be kidding ,if that referee display was not corrupt it was at best incompetent disgusting and disgraceful
Souffs should hand the points back if there was any justice we were disallowed a fair try and refs only penalised one side
Under the circumstances we were lucky to be “allowed “ to get within one point

We need to ditch Dylan crab walker asap. The guy is a defensive liability and has done f*ck all since he got here. Can't run straight, can't tackle, can't score a try, can't slide, can't fight (unless it's a woman) and costs more than Parker and suli combined. The only thing he ever had going for him was his trash talking, which is pathetic anyway if that's your main asset. If he tries that **** now he'll quickly get called out for being a wife bashing ****. Hope des punches him in the eyeball. He was never manly and never will be.
Don't hold back, Jabuh - tell us how you really feel about him:)

Think we got what we deserved today. Don't know the team played to their strengths all day. I think the forwards especially were still in holiday mode.

The only good sign today was the score was close.

Next week is going to be HUGE.

I wonder if this game will have a silver lining, in that Walker is dropped for the GOAT?

Hank Scorpio is a better fit, and a far better “Manly” type of man, in my opinion.

Maybe not quite up to Walker’s level yet, but is a positive influence and a positive addition to the team.
The real problem is the Walker of 2019 isn't up to Walker's level, whatever that once might have been. He's playing on reputation at the moment. Unfortunately he's also being refereed on reputation as well.

Amazing in the 2nd half with only 2 penalties Souffs did nothing. Threatening attacks 0. Line breaks 0. They score 3 pts from another bullsht penalty and a field goal handed to them. But of course no one in the media will mention that.

A penalty for that late hit on Cust really would have been a game changer. Waiting to see how the NRL brains trust talk their way out of that one…
That plus the clear try which was given no try yet sent upstairs as a try.. we win
Look like most people on here I can cop a loss but when it is so biased I just can’t cop that.

Fox interviewed Tom at half time. He said he could have played, but with missing so many games with leg injuries the coaching staff felt backing up 3 days after Origin (and playing fullback where he would have done a lot of running) was a risk too far so he was rested. Definitely will play next week though.
I can see the reasons why but with Tom's lack of involvement in game three it probably wasn't a big risk to play him today.

I think Tom would of had a big game today to make up for the quiet Origin performance.

Just finished watching the presser. How refreshing to see a coach only briefly mention the refs and penalty count, and actually hold his own players to account.

The refs were against us today, that much was obvious. But scoring 4 tries to 3, we definitely had our chances to win and Des knows that.
Tom plays we win that game easily. Only time will tell the impact of us resting him today. Momentum is everything in this comp and a win today pushes us into the 4. Oh well, not to be, bring on Parra next weekend.

It's just so disappointing as we should have beaten the bunnies. We have so much potential but things didn't go our way with ref calls and some poor handling. Like others feel that with turbo in we would have easily won today.

Don't hold back, Jabuh - tell us how you really feel about him:)
Lol....I was just about to say the same. And a new member to boot. Can you imagine how bad he/she will be once they’ve done a 10+ year stint in the ST supermax.

Last edited:

The only thing I didn’t like from Des, which surprised me, was when asked about the late hit on Cherry. He said he hadn’t seen the replay, and would need too; to have an opinion. That’s where he should’ve left it. But he goes onto say those things always look worse in slow motion (or words to that effect).
Jesus Des, don’t give the vermin a defence strategy before you’ve checked the tape yourself.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7