Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Day: Rabbitohs v Manly [Round 17, 2019]

Technical Coach

Not playing with enough direct hard running straightness---Siro and Thompson are the only two offering this consistently to break the shackles in games, Manly would be struggling without this impact.

Fainu offered nothing as expected, suffering cramp is another indicator that he is struggling with the pace of the game.(will look good when Manly dominate though)

Fainu shouldn't be on longer than 25mins at a time for effectiveness with Croker at the moment.

court83

Good effort but we lost this for ourselves.. We can blame the refs all we want (and fairly so for that rubbish penalty count) but I went from confident to iffy the minute we rested Tom.. Hopefully it proves to be a master stroke in the long run, but at this time of year, with a top 4 spot up for grabs against a comp leading team, you don't rest your best strike weapon, especially one that's only played a handful of games and was mostly quiet during origin..

On a side note, does Elliot wear studs? One thing ive noticed this year is every single time we run a play and he's on the end of it he slips over to kill any momentum..
(Also, we can cry all we want about the no try, but in my opinion we got very lucky being awarded our first one.. That woulda been called a knock on 99/100 times..

mave

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Just don't have Cust defending in the middle. For all his good points, Cust's defensive game reminds me of James Maloney, not that good. Oh he'll pull off a few good tackles, but he'll miss a few more.

I think that's why when Fainu went off Des opted for Croker at dummy half and defending in the middle of the field. His defensive game is better than Cust's.
Docker-clay played in the halves for Blacktown in the 2nd half, and defended in the middle third.

It is certainly an option.

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
2019 Tipping Competitor
We can complain about the refs and their disgraceful 8-2 penalty count against us but at the end of the day we did beat the refs out scoring the rabbits by 4 tries to three .
We also beat our selves with some inept play . If we played smarter we could have won the game .

Harry Smith

I think I'm actually a bloody sea eagle
Y
Not playing with enough direct hard running straightness---Siro and Thompson are the only two offering this consistently to break the shackles in games, Manly would be struggling without this impact.

Fainu offered nothing as expected, suffering cramp is another indicator that he is struggling with the pace of the game.(will look good when Manly dominate though)

Fainu shouldn't be on longer than 25mins at a time for effectiveness with Croker at the moment.
Yeah, the good news is that Croker looks like he can do a fantastic job at dummy half off the bench

Zimbalist

The refs did actually **** us though, disallowed fair try, 8-1 penalty count first half and the worst one a missed souths knock on into another South's player standing off side with less than 2 mins. We were robbed and should of won that.
Would you expect anything different?
DCE gets crash tacked in the back after passing ball...that decision not to penalise tells you everything you need to know

Harry Smith

Docker-clay played in the halves for Blacktown in the 2nd half, and defended in the middle third.

It is certainly an option.
If we only concede three tries to one of the comps best attacking sides we are fine to keep cust developing as a half in both attack and defence

Harry Smith

We have been carrying Walker for the past 2 years, Not to mention the amount of money he has cost us. The amount of injuries he has had which were caused by his stupidity. If it were any other player they would be dropped or hounded. I’m totally over Walker and have been for a good while even way before his off field issues, Can’t wait to see him go and he can take his PlayStation with him. He ain’t manly and never has been. His skirt ain’t worth blowing wind up.
Yeah, we want him to do well but he continually disappoints unfortunately :(

Harry Smith

Oh my bad i thought the post i replied to was agreeing with someone else’s post who said that cust isn’t good enough in defence. I thought that Docker-clay was suggested as a replacement for Cust for some reason

Technical Coach

Would you expect anything different?
DCE gets crash tacked in the back after passing ball...that decision not to penalise tells you everything you need to know
One aspect of DCE's game that showed an improvement is that pass to Siro running the short side, too often DCE would run that sharp short side run and have the premeditated high risk hard face ball to the winger as his go to play, not reacting to the defence----this pass showed more composure.

Not to say the face ball option is never on but mix it up a little---playing to Siro now and more often will open up the face ball to the winger as a more high percentage play in the future compared to the predictable high risk in the past.

pt73

Yes, Rueben missed a few kicks, but it's blowing a gale in Sydney today and it wouldn't have been easy out there.
He took that bomb cleanly, too, before the Souths player stripped it out and knocked it forward to the other guy who was off side. Imagine the uproar if they'd blown that penalty though, and the Bunnies had gone down. Was never going to happen.
That was a shocking call, Souffs player stripped Reub forward into another Souffs player.

Knock on Manly ..... WTF

The Who

Premium Member
The stats claim that DCE didn't make one run nor gain one metre.
I've been watching this sport for 60 years and now I'm going to have to re-evaluate what a run is.

wombatgc

Sausage roll eating keyboard warrior.
Premium Member
Apart from that stupid error from Marty he was strong today. Hopefully he makes up for it by smashing the slime into next week.
I felt so bad for him. He was one of the big reasons we were in it at all. Strong bullocking runs, getting the offloads to Fainu up the middle were superb. If the finger needs to be pointed at anyone it was the crab impersonating a football player at centre.

Jerry1

At some point players have to realize that club comes first. Hats off to Jamie Lyon.
Turbo plays jack shieite all season. Rushed back for origin then gets rested in a huge game.

Gives me the sheites....

Staff online

• lsz

Latest posts

Top Bottom